RL Challenge Cup Quarter Final Draw :

25 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Nope, came close a few times. We were 19-18 up in 2019 before Higson got himself binned leading to a winning try for KR. 2017 I seem to remember Abdul absolutely kicking us to death to win 23-10 which was the widest result, the other 4 were no more than 6 points in it and 4 of them also involved drop goals.

Ah well. If I had to pick one to win, it’d be last year’s 

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Has he taken a pseudonym?

I couldn't possibly comment.

• Haha 1
                                                                     Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

10 hours ago, LeytherRob said:

Death, taxes and Hull KR in the cup. I make that 2017(h), 19(a), 20(a), 22(a), 23(F), 24(a) now. 

I vividly remember us winning away in the cup at Hull KR in February 1982 by 18-17 with a John Woods penalty very late in the game.

It was the featured game on Grandstand, but it wasn't live, but they showed 30minutes highlights at about 4pm, with football latest scores continually coming up on the screen. I watched it without knowing the score and it was a pretty nerve shredding game as a Leigh fan.   The video is available on the RL cares page on facebook.

I actually went to a Hull KR - Leigh quarter final in 1986 when Leigh had a season in the 2nd Division, Hull KR running out comfortable 25-10 winners, going on to lose to Castleford at Wembley.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Has he taken a pseudonym?

For his sake, I hope not.  It's a banned substance on the RFL's list, isn't it?

• Haha 1

I remember a very poor Leigh side going to HKR in Feb 96 and nilling them.

Was it 24 nil ?  Played the mighty Bradford Bulls in the next round who lost in the final that year to St Helens 40-32.

I cant see past a HKR win but stranger things have happened and it is cup Rugby. If it was at LSV, we may have a better chance but too many injuries.

Saints, Wigan, Cats and HKR in the last 4

3 hours ago, Andy JG said:

I vividly remember us winning away in the cup at Hull KR in February 1982 by 18-17 with a John Woods penalty very late in the game.

It was the featured game on Grandstand, but it wasn't live, but they showed 30minutes highlights at about 4pm, with football latest scores continually coming up on the screen. I watched it without knowing the score and it was a pretty nerve shredding game as a Leigh fan.   The video is available on the RL cares page on facebook.

I actually went to a Hull KR - Leigh quarter final in 1986 when Leigh had a season in the 2nd Division, Hull KR running out comfortable 25-10 winners, going on to lose to Castleford at Wembley.

Leigh gave HKR a good dig in that game in 86.

We ran away with Div 2 that year8 and I went to that Wembley final with the Leigh Juniors lot. Hard to believe Rovvers lost that game  with all the stars they had in their team.

I actually fancy our cha........

Forget that, just remembered we're concentrating on a new scoreboard and seats

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

32 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

I remember a very poor Leigh side going to HKR in Feb 96 and nilling them.

Was it 24 nil ?  Played the mighty Bradford Bulls in the next round who lost in the final that year to St Helens 40-32.

I cant see past a HKR win but stranger things have happened and it is cup Rugby. If it was at LSV, we may have a better chance but too many injuries.

Saints, Wigan, Cats and HKR in the last 4

Leigh are dropping off far too many tackles, down the right hand side in particular, to trouble anybody with any hopes of finishing outside the bottom three sadly. Ipape can't be far off being back, but his return won't change that. 

12 minutes ago, Archie Gordon said:

Hull KR-Leigh, Saturday 1700.

St Helens-Warrington, Sunday 1630. 

Both BBC2 meaning that we've lost the BBC1 slot, unfortunately.

Guessing the BBC1 slot was lost because the Grand National is on that Saturday. 

26 minutes ago, soulboy said:

No mention of the CC draw on The Guardian online , but there’s articles on Surfing and Sumo Wrestling.

Sumo wrestling while surfing would be a brilliant sport 

24 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Sumo wrestling while surfing would be a brilliant sport 

This is the future for our game that the Hearns want.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve just been perusing the BBC Sports website. The only reference I can see to a Challenge Cup is the Rugby Union European version which the BBC now just routinely call the Challenge Cup. Another Rugby League moniker looks like it’s going to be diminished even further.

• Like 2