Fri 29th-Sun 31st Mar: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

All Wakefield for 1st 15 mins then mainly Fev.

,6-14 HT

We are up hill 2nd half.

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
Β 
Β 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 -Β The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezzΒ BromanceΒ 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Β 

Β 

1 hour ago, tim2 said:

He's a big lad.

I'd be astonished if Doncaster are relegated. Good playmakers and some serious speed round the outside.

Eagles would have been more comfortable if Cory Aston hadn't left his kicking boots at home and they hadn't conceded so many penalties.

And, additionally, a decent crowd of 1700. Good atmosphere too considering how cavernous the stadium is.

Definitely Tim. I think there's a couple of players who aren't up to match speed yet, and we maybe missed Craig Hall in the backs.

There were some interesting refereeing decisions, although I can't really blame the ref for the first sin bin (after the high shot on Briscoe), and I'm guessing the second was for dissent.

Β 

www.donsstats.co.uk - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day.

Β 

Wakefield clung on to 12-16 lead until some loose play by Fev in the last quarter allowed Walmsley to complete his hat trick and give Wakefield a FT 12-20

Very tight game. Good crowd too.

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Like 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
Β 
Β 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 -Β The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezzΒ BromanceΒ 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

Β 

Β 

11 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Wakefield clung on to 12-16 lead until some loose play by Fev in the last quarter allowed Walmsley to complete his hat trick and give Wakefield a FT 12-20

Very tight game. Good crowd too.

No complaints on the result from me.

I'm cold, wet and we lost. Best entertainment for a couple of seasons though, enjoyable and close game. Time will tell given first match of the season for me, but feels like it will be more enjoyable without any pressure on for promotion.

• Like 6

Please view my photos.

Β 

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Β 

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Β 

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

37 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

I'm cold, wet and we lost. Best entertainment for a couple of seasons though, enjoyable and close game. Time will tell given first match of the season for me, but feels like it will be more enjoyable without any pressure on for promotion.

Players gave their all same as at Batley ( 2nd half especially) and at Leigh,enjoying it better then last season already. Players to come back in so bodes well for rest of season. Good game and nice to see a good crowd.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, gazza77 said:

Enjoyable !!! I don't know how you found it so. Mind you even ugly women look better in the dark. All I saw was mud and shadows so glad the visits to that place are over for the season

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

12 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Enjoyable !!! I don't know how you found it so. Mind you even ugly women look better in the dark. All I saw was mud and shadows so glad the visits to that place are over for the season

Get you with your posh ground πŸ˜‰ ( it's only taken 26 years ) πŸ˜ƒ.Β 

Edited by Fevrover
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Haha coming from a Wakey fan 🀣 Didn't your lights go off completely not so long ago ? 

Edited by Catflap
  • Like 5

35 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

I appreciate the novelty of expecting to win every week is something you're not used to. πŸ˜‰

• Like 4

Please view my photos.

Β 

Β 

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Β 

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

19 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

I appreciate the novelty of expecting to win every week is something you're not used to. πŸ˜‰

It really isn't and it feels like it'll take a long time for the novelty to wear off, Really enjoyed the game and your guys pushed us very close. Rubbish floodlights and rubbish pitch but there's genuinely something I really like about PO Road and always have!

• Like 2

is it only in Fev where rain plus soil equals mud? Sounds like it was decided by the ref ultimately which is a shame but good to get the rivalry back with a win apiece in the first two fixtures.Β 

• Like 4

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

25 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

is it only in Fev where rain plus soil equals mud? Sounds like it was decided by the ref ultimately which is a shame but good to get the rivalry back with a win apiece in the first two fixtures.Β 

It was decided by one team scoring more points than the other.Β 

Agreed, good to have two close games and get a local rivalry back.

• Like 5

Please view my photos.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Book now via airbnb

11 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Get you with your posh ground πŸ˜‰ ( it's only taken 26 years ) πŸ˜ƒ.Β 

I realise I have been mischievous with some of my comments over the last week or so. Last night was probably one of the bigger home games of the season. Bank holiday game against local rivals. Large crowd following on from that recently hard fought cup game. The Fev lights are poor by modern standards, I understand that as money is always tight within our game. However for the club to neglect their up keep and play a game with so many of the individual lights not working is inexcusable in my opinion. The club knew the game was happening and it was an evening KO, surely someone could have at least changed the faulty bulbs in preparation.Β 

I agree it was a close game and the outcome was always in doubt, but to me the terrible lighting did not do justice to the good game that was played by both teams in very tough conditions.

57 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Β However for the club to neglect their up keep and play a game with so many of the individual lights not working is inexcusable in my opinion. The club knew the game was happening and it was an evening KO, surely someone could have at least changed the faulty bulbs in preparation.Β 

Β 

Whilst we're talking about "inexcusable" floodlights, have you heard the one about the mega cashed-up club supposedly aiming for an A grade from IMG who had to abandon a game a few weeks ago because of repeated floodlight failure (and now can't stage home games because they neglected to get a working water supply in their stand)?
Β 

Trinity lights.jpg

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Whilst we're talking about "inexcusable" floodlights, have you heard the one about the mega cashed-up club supposedly aiming for an A grade from IMG who had to abandon a game a few weeks ago because of repeated floodlight failure (and now can't stage home games because they neglected to get a working water supply in their stand)?
Β 

Trinity lights.jpg

Certainly have, even top class mega rich clubs have a glitch or two and new build snagging problems. But with being top class and mega rich, they get sorted. What's up with Fev have they run out of light bulbs in the local Lidl

1 hour ago, Agbrigg said:

I realise I have been mischievous with some of my comments over the last week or so. Last night was probably one of the bigger home games of the season. Bank holiday game against local rivals. Large crowd following on from that recently hard fought cup game. The Fev lights are poor by modern standards, I understand that as money is always tight within our game. However for the club to neglect their up keep and play a game with so many of the individual lights not working is inexcusable in my opinion. The club knew the game was happening and it was an evening KO, surely someone could have at least changed the faulty bulbs in preparation.Β 

I agree it was a close game and the outcome was always in doubt, but to me the terrible lighting did not do justice to the good game that was played by both teams in very tough conditions.

Why spend money on better floodlights when most games are played in the summer?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Indeed - yesterday's game was almost certainly the last one where floodlights will be required unless Fev manage to reach the playoffs and have a home game.

The floodlights do need upgrading. Given the terracing issues, I'd suggest that's the priority for upgrading next however.

Please view my photos.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Book now via airbnb

58 minutes ago, Agbrigg said:

Certainly have, even top class mega rich clubs have a glitch or two and new build snagging problems. But with being top class and mega rich, they get sorted. What's up with Fev have they run out of light bulbs in the local Lidl

This is beginning to feel a little like two bald men, fighting over a comb. 🀣

• Haha 1

Please view my photos.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Book now via airbnb

14 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

This is beginning to feel a little like two bald men, fighting over a comb. 🀣

Indeed. It's a MATCH thread, folks.

That match is over now.

Move on.Β 

Thanks.