New Signing

Derwent

5 hours ago, donald said:

Laza done OK when he played lot of time he never made the 17 but he'll have a lot of size and grunt for league 1 should do well for youse

Played 19 times out of 27 so can't have been to bad. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

The players got paid some threw the toys and dummies out the pram and left the club in a mess and showed the true colours the rest got on with it and got the money owed in the end 

Grow up you prat , players go from clubs to clubs all the time , I'm hearing you could be better trouble again, how many times is this 🤔

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Grow up you prat , players go from clubs to clubs all the time , I'm hearing you could be better trouble again, how many times is this 🤔

You’re right. Players have moved between the two clubs ever since they started. To say otherwise is a nonsense. Likewise rumours about both clubs have circulated over the same period but both clubs are still here. Long May that continue to be the case. Life would be boring if there was only one club. 

• Like 4

I think our noisy neighbours have a bit more to worry about than our players. I'm sure Tabu will prove his worth in a blue & white jersey. 

I'm looking forward to seeing our new players integrated into our squad. Exciting times! We have cover for injuries and competition for places which can only be good, it's up to those not selected to work harder and when they get their chance to take it.

Special mention to the BOD, the club keeps moving forward both on and off the pitch 👏

• Like 11

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

22 minutes ago, The Voodooguru said:

I think our noisy neighbours have a bit more to worry about than our players. I'm sure Tabu will prove his worth in a blue & white jersey. 

I'm looking forward to seeing our new players integrated into our squad. Exciting times! We have cover for injuries and competition for places which can only be good, it's up to those not selected to work harder and when they get their chance to take it.

Special mention to the BOD, the club keeps moving forward both on and off the pitch 👏

Yeah great effort by the board and the Blue Knights etc. We needed more players, we needed size in the middle and we've got that. It's only a few weeks since we were desperately needing loans to have a match day squad so not sure why anyone wouldn't be happy with these additions.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Town Army said:

Played 19 times out of 27 so can't have been to bad. 

The reason jambos don't like him is because he called out there club for the clown show it was after he wasn't paid by them again. Nothing to do with how well he played.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dkw said:

The reason jambos don't like him is because he called out there club for the clown show it was after he wasn't paid by them again. Nothing to do with how well he played.

He was poor pal but may find his level with you 

Edited by Havenfan13
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

He was poor pal but may find his level with you 

Possibly now he's going to actually be paid on time he might try harder. Can't be nice playing for months unpaid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Possibly now he's going to actually be paid on time he might try harder. Can't be nice playing for months unpaid.

You seem very bitter towards Haven marra let it go you'll feel much better.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, dkw said:

You sure they didn't get paid?

You tell me. Be just like 2017 your boys all accepted a 30% pay deduction for your club to slyly give them a bigger reduction the day after transfer window closed screwing them all . Hence half your team signed for us . But hey ho town have always been a well run super club

13 minutes ago, donald said:

You tell me. Be just like 2017 your boys all accepted a 30% pay deduction for your club to slyly give them a bigger reduction the day after transfer window closed screwing them all . Hence half your team signed for us . But hey ho town have always been a well run super club

How is " not being paid" the same as asking players to take a deduction or releasing them? Absolute nonsense.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dkw said:

How is " not being paid" the same as asking players to take a deduction or releasing them? Absolute nonsense.

MODERATOR:Lets all use our heads and calm down, Both clubs have been through some sort of Financial worries in their time, I appreciate that all of you are still going to games to try and ease their troubles, and, without your support both clubs in Cumbria would not exist. We have always welcomed other supporters from other teams and they all deserve their shout on topics they seem fit to choose, So, Lets have a sensible crack instead of witch hunt trying to deride eachother. 🏉🏉🏉

• Like 6

2 hours ago, dkw said:

You sure they didn't get paid?

No that’s why one said he would never play for the club again and would never support it look a bit closer to home before you start spouting rubbish marra 

2 hours ago, donald said:

Correct again Donald 

UTT.

Well done BOD on 3 super signings.

Tabu will do the job no worries and show what getting paid on time does to help performance.

I didn't know there was any jacks in your team today who used to play for us...

2 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Correct again Donald 

This is unfounded from my understanding of the situation. 

The wage reduction was set and remained the same pre and post deadline day. 

It was a very difficult time for all involved, so please let's leave that where it was, the past. 

Directors, the people trying to keep RL clubs going, make mistakes, we're not infallible, but both Town and Haven directors are trying to keep and grow RL in our area. 

I have huge respect for anyone who's ever had a go and tried. 

UTT

See you all next week hopefully 👍

Graeme 

Workington Town RLFC 

Edited by WTRLFC WEBSITE
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Haven 123 said:

Tabu a big lad will do what a props meant to do, and he’s fit for his size so will be a good addition.

He might not be a world beater but he offers size and experience, and that goes a long way in League 1.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

6 hours ago, homeandawayer said:

Tongia as well as Stephenson and Lightowler have been left out. 

Would not want to put all 3 into the 17 together I expect  against what could be tricky opponent's  who scored 72 against Cornwall away.