Sun 7th Apr: The Betfred League One Match Thread

Sun 7th Apr: The Betfred League One Match Thread

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

SUNDAY 7th APRIL
Hunslet v Oldham KO 15:00
North Wales Crusaders v Newcastle Thunder KO 14:30
Workington Town v Rochdale Hornets KO 15:00

Oldham, Crusaders and Workington this week. Although Rochdale might fancy a scalp at Workington.

From a Thunder perspective we played well first half last week I just want to see us in the fight for longer each week. 

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Not exactly an inspiring day down by the North Welsh seaside. After a good, solid first half against a hapless looking Newcastle side, in the second half the Cru looked listless and on occasions indisciplined - the game aint over 'till the final hooter, goes, boys! Never mind, three wins out of three's a good way to start the season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Not exactly an inspiring day down by the North Welsh seaside. After a good, solid first half against a hapless looking Newcastle side, in the second half the Cru looked listless and on occasions indisciplined - the game aint over 'till the final hooter, goes, boys! Never mind, three wins out of three's a good way to start the season.

We know it's going to be a tough season for us at Thunder. In previous games we've been in the fight first half then tailed off second. It's a reversal this week! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Phil W said:

We know it's going to be a tough season for us at Thunder. In previous games we've been in the fight first half then tailed off second. It's a reversal this week! 

The first half was pretty bad for you Phil but the second showed that there’s the makings of a team there mate. Hopefully your boys won’t get despondent as with more experience you’re going to improve rapidly. Good luck for the rest of the season.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sheddingswasus said:

A great win for Oldham today. Missing two regular wingers and still waiting the return from injury of Elijah Taylor and Pat Moran. 

Missing 4 first teamers yesterday. However, Oldham were completely dominant and bombed a lot more chances in the second half.  

I was supposed to be in Ireland playing Masters RL against Leinster Stags on Saturday....but after two aborted landings in Dublin our plane was diverted to Manchester it meant I was able to get to the North Wales Crusaders game yesterday (Sunday)!!

After the first half in Eirias Park yesterday I was expecting Crusaders to romp away to 70 points...it wasn't to be. Thunder put up a spirited performance in the second half and really deserved their 18 points. Crusaders slipped into poor discipline again - although we've won 3 from 3, we need to improve our discipline overall.

Edited by gogledd
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Roughyed Rats said:

Missing 4 first teamers yesterday. However, Oldham were completely dominant and bombed a lot more chances in the second half.  

Had Tyrer not hit giddy with his kicking on attack in the last 10-15 minutes there were probably another 4 tries there