Thur 4th Apr: SL: Leigh Leopards v Wigan Warriors KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/24 at 19:30

I’ve said before about rugby league clubs / grounds setting off a load of fireworks right before kick off . Start of Origin games have been similar 

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

I’ve said before about rugby league clubs / grounds setting off a load of fireworks right before kick off . Start of Origin games have been similar 

There was an NRL match in 2022 (I think) where Joey Leilua got a particle of something in his eye from the pyro as the teams ran out, and the Raiders had to do without him for 10-15 minutes while he was looked at by the medics.

Nothing wrong with a bit of whizz-bang, as long as someone's actually thought it through.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

There was an NRL match in 2022 (I think) where Joey Leilua got a particle of something in his eye from the pyro as the teams ran out, and the Raiders had to do without him for 10-15 minutes while he was looked at by the medics.

Nothing wrong with a bit of whizz-bang, as long as someone's actually thought it through.

That’s right I remember that . 

Miski's effort sent up as a try. The Man from Del Monte, he say... YES!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, DavidM said:

That’s right I remember that . 

If it had pierced Leilua's brain instead, nobody would have been any the wiser to this day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

If it had pierced Leilua's brain instead, nobody would have been any the wiser to this day.

He probably wouldn’t have 

Correct decision.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Given the circumstances, a red card would have been too much.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, GeordieSaint said:

I get the mitigation there. Field was slipping rapidly. But little effort to wrap the arm…

Yes I do think it was very borderline, earlier in the season it would have been red without a doubt.

• Like 1

Just now, GeordieSaint said:

I get the mitigation there. Field was slipping rapidly. But little effort to wrap the arm…

Yes agree he's a bit lucky. Wonder if the MRP will think he wasn't taking appropriate caution when heading into that tackle.

• Like 1

Just now, dkw said:

Leigh fans love a good boo 😅

They have practice nights.

• Haha 1

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

There was mitigation, in that Field was falling. But the fact that it was a shoulder charge with no effort to wrap should be an aggrevating factor. Lucky it was only yellow