Thur 4th Apr: SL: Leigh Leopards v Wigan Warriors KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/24 at 19:30

1 minute ago, PREPOSTEROUS said:

Wonder why Harry Smith is the first choice kicker, he seems very inconsistent which in a closer game would be an issue. Adam Keighran would be a better option.

I suppose Smith's the established player, but his kicking from wide has always been a concern.

Try for Nsemba! Yes!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Big unit Junior Nsemba. He is going to be very good.

• Like 3

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

8 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

I'm trying to work out why you can't watch the rest of this game because you know the result of the Broncos Storm game?

i said i would stop watching  SL  on sky if they didnt stop ruining my enjoyment of pre recorded  NRL  games from the same day/weekend - its as simple as that - gambled they wouldnt tonight but they did - peeed me off - watching the darts instead now - will avoid  SKY    SL  games from now on for that reason 

• Like 1

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

18 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

well thats the broncos v storm result totally ruined for my viewing tomorrow - off to flick between the end of the liverpool game and luke littler semi  instead - totally no point to this - not worth it

Yeah, I'm not sure I see the point of Sky blaring out Voss saying that ''you've seen it all now'' as they show Melbourne's winning try as they come back for the second half.

It seems to be going out of the way to inconvenience those who couldn't watch live. Just mention the game earlier during HT, when people aren't getting back to the game for the second half.

Edited by StandOffHalf

Good work from Leigh for that try, showing some fight despite the scoreline.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, graveyard johnny said:

i said i would stop watching  SL  on sky if they didnt stop ruining my enjoyment of pre recorded  NRL  games from the same day/weekend - its as simple as that - gambled they wouldnt tonight but they did - peeed me off - watching the darts instead now - will avoid  SKY    SL  games from now on for that reason 

Why don't you just watch the games in chronological order?  You didn't have to watch this game live.

In fact you could have watched the Broncos game now and this game later.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just as I started to write this, "Charnley starting to show his age. After years as a top class winger giving great service , his speed and strength and stamina are staring to decline" he bloody well scores! 😀😀😀

1 minute ago, StandOffHalf said:

Yeah, I'm not sure I see the point of Sky blaring out Voss saying that ''you've seen it all now'' as they show Melbourne's winning try as they come back for the second half.

It seems to be going out of the way to inconvenience those who couldn't watch live. Just mention the game earlier during HT, when people aren't getting back to the game for the second half.

But what about the people who are watching earlier in the HT break?

• Haha 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great stuff from Wardle!

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Why don't you just watch the games in chronological order?  You didn't have to watch this game live.

In fact you could have watched the Broncos game now and this game later.

its like a nice meal - save the best till last 

• Like 1

Nsemba is big and so promising. I really like how he runs a line off his ball player 10-15 out from the line.

All the raw potential in the world in him.

If you've ever heard him interviewed, he's an impressive and articulate young man off the field too.

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lovely hold, draw, and pass from Wardle. What a talent in the centres!

I can’t for the life in me understand why Watson chose to let him go in favour of a short term signing. Pure madness!

• Like 1

Just now, DavidM said:

Indeed , i always save my best chip till last

according to some here - mines on my shoulder - but some here "get me"

5 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

If not knowing the score of the game you have pre recorded was so important, maybe don’t watch a live game before you've watch that.

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

But what about the people who are watching earlier in the HT break?

Just show it in the studio at HT. Not as they are going off or coming back on.

2 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Indeed , i always save my best chip till last

He keeps his on his shoulder 😄

Edited by Padge

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.