Thur 4th Apr: SL: Leigh Leopards v Wigan Warriors KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/24 at 19:30

35 minutes ago, GeordieSaint said:

👀👀👀

He reminds me of Trump. 

Geez, the initial tweet was bad enough but to then double down on it after a night's sleep is even worse.

• Like 3

The weirdest thing to me about Beaumonts tweet last night is that I looked at the Leigh Twitter, after it was brought up on here, and it looked completely normal to me. Indeed it seemed more informative than most.

Edited by Damien

25 minutes ago, Damien said:

The weirdest thing to me about Beaumonts tweet last night is that I looked at the Leigh Twitter, after it was brought up on here, and it looked completely normal to me. Indeed it seemed more informative than most.

The tweet from Beaumont was after about 15 minutes of the game. The updates were Kick off, Fans are singing, Wigan try, Moylan sin bin. They then reverted to an update after every set. What Beaumont said was correct, but should've done it by text message or something.

Leigh's matchday updates were excellent years ago when Mark Taylor was writing them, more informative than listening to radio commentary even, but Leigh's current Social Media output is very poor imo. Beaumont shoudl be investing in some L&D for the media team.

31 minutes ago, phiggins said:

The tweet from Beaumont was after about 15 minutes of the game. The updates were Kick off, Fans are singing, Wigan try, Moylan sin bin. They then reverted to an update after every set. What Beaumont said was correct, but should've done it by text message or something.

Leigh's matchday updates were excellent years ago when Mark Taylor was writing them, more informative than listening to radio commentary even, but Leigh's current Social Media output is very poor imo. Beaumont shoudl be investing in some L&D for the media team.

It says it was made today at 8:03.

38 minutes ago, phiggins said:

I forget his name now, but we had a great media guy for the first half of last year who ended up leaving for a job and Preston NE. The new guy isn't nearly as good.

1 hour ago, dkw said:

He`s a disgusting cretin treating someone who is likely to be a volunteer fan of the club like that. 

If I was the tweeter, I'd be going to HR, or worse. For someone who frequently mentions his mental health, he could do with being more tolerant. Does he tweet after every mistake made by his playing and coaching staff? Easy to pick on someone else.

Back to the match last night, it went pretty much as i expected(especially after seeing Mulhern was missing). We were far too outgunned to have any realistic chance unless Wigan had a serious off day, which they definitely didn't.

Not one to usually single out players negatively, but Nakubuwai HAS to go. I struggle to think of a worse prop at Leigh when playing in SL. I'd much rather see us play the kids such as Jacob Gannon/Lewis Baxter who at least have room to develop than a guy approaching 30 who struggles to break a light jog.

42 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Haha L&D. They are lucky if they are getting paid at all never mind being sent on training courses.

I say this as someone who has done club media including match updates that it's a very difficult job. Play by play updates are virtually impossible if you are doing it on your own. It may be that Leigh are paying loads of money to a company to do it for them and Derek expects more but I doubt it.

9 minutes ago, OriginalMrC said:

Haha L&D. They are lucky if they are getting paid at all never mind being sent on training courses.

I say this as someone who has done club media including match updates that it's a very difficult job. Play by play updates are virtually impossible if you are doing it on your own. It may be that Leigh are paying loads of money to a company to do it for them and Derek expects more but I doubt it.

It is a salaried position these days for the media role at Leigh and has been for a couple of years now.

6 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

Back to the match last night, it went pretty much as i expected(especially after seeing Mulhern was missing). We were far too outgunned to have any realistic chance unless Wigan had a serious off day, which they definitely didn't.

Not one to usually single out players negatively, but Nakubuwai HAS to go. I struggle to think of a worse prop at Leigh when playing in SL. I'd much rather see us play the kids such as Jacob Gannon/Lewis Baxter who at least have room to develop than a guy approaching 30 who struggles to break a light jog.

I can think of another 2 or 3 I would despatch along with Big Ben, but realistically as I said earlier the signings we have made this season apart from Moylan non are first choice players, and most certainly not most of them to be all collectively having to be played together.

6 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

It's truly mistifying that he was retained after last season. His immediate impact last night led to two quickfire Wigan tries, which effectively ended the game as a contest (if it ever was a contest). He needs binning and a new forward brought in asap, regardless of injuries. I'm also not sure if Halton is up to it at second row either.

But 30+ missed tackles, spread across the whole team is not good enough, even for a second string pack.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phiggins said:

Everything that is bad, poor, lax, unprofessional, laughable, embarrassing at Leigh is down to the culture created by one man, one man who craves more attention than his club, his coaches and his players.

Christ, he even made winning the challenge cup, a fantastic achievement for Leigh RLFC and it's fans, about him. serendipity and all that sh!t.

Yet people in Leigh can't see what's wrong with him or will hear a bad word about him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GeordieSaint said:

👀👀👀

He reminds me of Trump. 

It's a fair analogy. 

And, also like Trump, there are people who feel compelled to defend his poor behaviour because he represents them and their team.

• Like 5

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Leigh have got quite a few injuries but fair credit to them they kept plugging away. Wigan are a class side with so much quality. 
A full house on a wet Thursday night is excellent, Leigh have really come on over the last few years. I am really pleased for Mike Latham he really is a nice fella. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, meast said:

Everything that is bad, poor, lax, unprofessional, laughable, embarrassing at Leigh is down to the culture created by one man, one man who craves more attention than his club, his coaches and his players.

Christ, he even made winning the challenge cup, a fantastic achievement for Leigh RLFC and it's fans, about him. serendipity and all that sh!t.

Yet people in Leigh can't see what's wrong with him or will hear a bad word about him.

Oh, I agree with that. And I think a big reason performances over the last two years (until the start of this year) have been so good is because he has been a step further removed from the playing side.

There's plenty to dislike, but he's also done plenty of good for the club.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JohnM said:

What's the view on Hardaker? He seemed very pedestrian last night, a squad player as it were. I'd somehow expected more.

Clever.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 minutes ago, Damien said:

I know, that was my exact point!

I thought your original point was that you thought the Leigh feed was very informative on the game. I just pointed out that it wasn't particularly informative until Beaumont's intervention. I don't agree with how he intervened, but a private word to ask for better updates wouldn't have been unreasonable. 

Sorry, not sure why you referenced the follow up post from this morning. But I'm quite hungover and my ability to understand and follow things has taken a hit today!

15 minutes ago, phiggins said:

I thought your original point was that you thought the Leigh feed was very informative on the game. I just pointed out that it wasn't particularly informative until Beaumont's intervention. I don't agree with how he intervened, but a private word to ask for better updates wouldn't have been unreasonable. 

Sorry, not sure why you referenced the follow up post from this morning. But I'm quite hungover and my ability to understand and follow things has taken a hit today!

I made 2 posts after each other and thought you were replying to the first one, the second one was just following up on that point anyway. As I said I thought the feed was fine and even if it wasn't what Beaumont did was indefensible. To say the feed was better after Beaumont's intervention is just an attempt to do that in my opinion.

Anyhow hardly something worth debating over.

8 minutes ago, Damien said:

I made 2 posts after each other and thought you were replying to the first one, the second one was just following up on that point anyway. As I said I thought the feed was fine and even if it wasn't what Beaumont did was indefensible. To say the feed was better after Beaumont's intervention is just an attempt to do that in my opinion.

Anyhow hardly something worth debating over.

All I’ll say in reply to that is, I’ve not defended Beaumont’s actions. I’ve said he should’ve raised the issue via a more direct, less public forum.

I like the fact we call him out very publicly, and some of us in quite an insulting tone, for calling people out publicly and in an insulting tone.

Kudos to anyone who has DMed or e-mailed him today with this feedback. I had a letter ready to send but think I might give the club a call tomorrow. I don't live close enough to drop by in person...

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, N2022 said:

I like the fact we call him out very publicly, and some of us in quite an insulting tone, for calling people out publicly and in an insulting tone.

I really don't think calling out poor behaviour is as bad as the poor behaviour itself.