Thur 4th Apr: SL: Leigh Leopards v Wigan Warriors KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Leopards
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/04/24 at 19:30

12 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

if everything in life was as black and white as your avatar it would be a much simpler world - am not gonna go in to a detailed explanation of how my life works that watching the NRL  game 2nd  is a personal preference  and works for me - 9 darter for gerwyn price!

Great, don’t expect people and tv companies to work around your circumstances and personal preferences though.

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Great, don’t expect people and tv companies to work around your circumstances and personal preferences though.

I  have never expected much from anybody ever mate - and have not been disappointed 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Well, that was a damp squib, literally.

It was a one sided game, the Leythers got that right, it was a fairly subdued atmosphere for most of it and it had the feel of a pre season game.

Still, don't suppose Wigan will care they won easily probably in 2nd gear.

Leigh will only get better with their better players back I'm sure.

13 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not a case of putting anyone down meast. Just a realistic knowledge that you can't go into any SL game let alone against Wigan with what is to anyone with just a little knowledge of the game realising the Leigh 6 plus 3 on the bench (O' Donnell and on loan Dwyer excepting) that is not much better than a Championship middle. Those players that have been brought in would be OK individually as replacements, not all put in collectively.

With a well coached and well drilled side playing with heart and spirit, anything is possible, as a Leigh fan you should know that after last year.

The team should always try and be better than the individuals.

Leigh tried hard tonight which is all you can ask, they were just poor on the field, whether having certain players on the field would have helped, who knows?

17 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Wigan have a huge conveyor belt of talent and some f it on show today, some from Leigh. 

Thankfully we have that reserve team we have long thrived for and hopefully with full stadiums and enthusiasm from the Towns backing will give the up and coming youngsters another future choice to choose from to turn pro and fulfil their dreams than Wigan or St Helens. 

It’s a marathon, not a sprint. Wigan are a fantastic team and it’s the benchmark for Leigh 6 times smaller to grow and aspire to. 

Leigh should be fine, but that conveyor belt is vital. 

Well played Wigan 👍

That is very classy. Leigh will have far far better days. Too many injuries but the wheel will turn. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, StandOffHalf said:

Lovely hold, draw, and pass from Wardle. What a talent in the centres!

I have been saying he was the best English centre for the last 5 years but got shot down because he was playing for Huddersfield.

Imagine how good he'd be if he hasn't lost a year out through a bad injury?

I hoped we would build a team around him but it wasn't to be sadly for us.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Littler in the final 2 weeks in a row! 

Thanks a lot Johnny I was going to watch that later. I won’t bother now. 

• Haha 12
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, OMEGA said:

I can’t for the life in me understand why Watson chose to let him go in favour of a short term signing. Pure madness!

He didn't, he couldn't guarantee Jake a starting place as he was coming back from injury, but Wardle didn't want to stay and fight for his place, his prerogative, he was offered a deal elsewhere and took it.

The irony is that had he stayed another week or so, he'd have got his place back and probably would still be with us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, meast said:

He didn't, he couldn't guarantee Jake a starting place as he was coming back from injury, but Wardle didn't want to stay and fight for his place, his prerogative, he was offered a deal elsewhere and took it.

The irony is that had he stayed another week or so, he'd have got his place back and probably would still be with us.

Lucky for him he didn't stay another week!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

I  have never expected much from anybody ever mate - and have not been disappointed 

And yet, in every match thread, we see your bitter complaints that your expectations have not been met.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Good crowd and we didn’t concede 50. That’s about as positive as it got. Regardless of injuries, I thought too many of the remaining experienced players weren’t too keen on sticking their hand up when the tough work needed doing. Obviously need some bodies back but need a general improvement overall. 

Get a few players back and Leigh will be ok, they won't hit last season's dizzy heights (no surprise package), but they will hold their own back end of season.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, Padge said:

Get a few players back and Leigh will be ok, they won't hit last season's dizzy heights (no surprise package), but they will hold their own back end of season.

Agreed

Averaging over 9k so far this season ( including Huddersfield’s cowbell) can be seen as growth and it is much needed. 

If the expectation are not as high (and why should they be) Leigh have a great future. 

Injuries are part of sport and we don’t have the infrastructure to maintain levels of performance as a result but it can be only good for the future. 

As an honest Leigh fan, I cannot see another win until May but next week would be very nice 😂😂

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Good crowd and we didn’t concede 50. That’s about as positive as it got. Regardless of injuries, I thought too many of the remaining experienced players weren’t too keen on sticking their hand up when the tough work needed doing. Obviously need some bodies back but need a general improvement overall. 

That was my take as well. Too many mistakes and poor defence from players that would be in the first choice 17