IMG Grading System (Many Merged Threads)

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes anything is possible, best leave it at that.

You seem to think that Mr Beaumont has thought all that up himself re the financials he speaks about in the video, have you considered that he possibly just has accountants/advisors he utiluses/employs not only in his business life but also in Leigh Leopards club matters?

From Collins English Dictionary:

"If you say 'He who pays the piper' or 'He who pays the piper calls the tune', you mean that the person who provides the money for something decides what will be done, or has a right to decide what will be done"

16 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I must have missed your previous posts please reiterate just so as I can understand.

A. I think I have made my point very clear in previous posts, I don't think that these methods will do the sport any favours collectively under SL, and for that reason in a few years I think the administrators will have a decision to make, stay with IMG and let the rest wither away or reverse this system.

The multiple-choice question remains unanswered. 

Q: Do you want the Reimagining project to succeed?

1.Yes?

2. No?

37 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I don't have an issue with Hull FC being graded as an A club. They are absolutely the kind of club that we should have in SL. I think it's one for their fans and board to be annoyed about that they don't play great rugby!

Yeah, and they will be talked about as they are for all the wrong reasons, this is a sport Dave where since it began the measure of how good or bad a club is is based on their on field success or otherwise. I think there are those who are putting that secondary these days, especially when clubs are being applauded - it may be only by their own fans - to sanction gaining IMG points and stop bothering about on field activities.

I will even aim that at my own club, if points on the league ladder mattered as per relegation still being in place, would they have waited to sit out these long term injuries to 'key' players I would suggest not, they would have wanted points on the ladder and gone out to source other player's.

15 minutes ago, JohnM said:

The multiple-choice question remains unanswered. 

Q: Do you want the Reimagining project to succeed?

1.Yes?

2. No?

Not for one minute do I think you are mentally challenged John, you read between the lines of many posts to put your own slant on them, so with me saying these IMG methods "Reimagining' if you like, are in my interpretation going to be harmful across the sport just to benefit SL then Categorically yes I am against it, but I expect you knew that anyway, happy now?

OK I have answered you, now please tell me how are these methods are going to make the game a better sport to watch?

Edited by Harry Stottle

16 minutes ago, JohnM said:

"If you say 'He who pays the piper' or 'He who pays the piper calls the tune', you mean that the person who provides the money for something decides what will be done, or has a right to decide what will be done"

Or take the advice he has paid the piper for, why do you think we have all these consultancy firms that businesses spend millions on, isn't that the function that the RFL are paying IMG for?

2 hours ago, phiggins said:

For whatever the rights and wrongs of where clubs focus their money and attention, I think the fact that Hull are a grade A is a poor reflection on the system. 

Given an A grade was originally supposed to give immunity (although now not relevant unless 13 or more score 15+), I'm not sure we should be giving that to a club that has performed as Hull have the last few years. I think if we are giving exemptions from relegation, it would be for clubs like Wigan, where you can safely say it would take a freak year to see them finish bottom, and that it would feasible for them to be competitive again the following year.

When i stated that if Hull FC were a grade A  Hull KR should also be a grade A on their improvement on and off the field  i don't think anyone agreed with me.Posters had them down for a solid B.Glad IMG did give them an A rating it is well deserved.

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

Mange tout Rodney, Mange tout!

57 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Not for one minute do I think you are mentally challenged John, you read between the lines of many posts to put your own slant on them, so with me saying these IMG methods "Reimagining' if you like, are in my interpretation going to be harmful across the sport just to benefit SL then Categorically yes I am against it, but I expect you knew that anyway, happy now?

OK I have answered you, now please tell me how are these methods are going to make the game a better sport to watch?

No, you've answered a question that wasn't asked.

You were asked whether you wanted the project to succeed.  You've only said that you are against it.

The inference I draw is that you want it to fail because that would prove you right.

• Like 2

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yeah, and they will be talked about as they are for all the wrong reasons, this is a sport Dave where since it began the measure of how good or bad a club is is based on their on field success or otherwise. I think there are those who are putting that secondary these days, especially when clubs are being applauded - it may be only by their own fans - to sanction gaining IMG points and stop bothering about on field activities.

I will even aim that at my own club, if points on the league ladder mattered as per relegation still being in place, would they have waited to sit out these long term injuries to 'key' players I would suggest not, they would have wanted points on the ladder and gone out to source other player's.

Hull are a weird example. People are making out they are bad now because they have no risk of relegation. Yet they've been bad for years when relegation was in place. They really aren't doing too much differently in 2024 than they have for the last few years. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Hull are a weird example. People are making out they are bad now because they have no risk of relegation. Yet they've been bad for years when relegation was in place. They really aren't doing too much differently in 2024 than they have for the last few years. 

Hull are doing the same as they have recently. They’re just doing it even worse this season.

• Haha 1

In my view and experience, this is how it works, simplified and serialised, or rather, circularised.

Identify the successful sustainable clubs. Identify the factors that determine this success and build a model for all clubs to adopt.  Incentivise clubs to adopt best practice.

Success on the field depends on a number of things, including but not limited to:

1. The quality of the individual players.

2. The quality of the team.

3. The quality of the coach, the coaching, the training.

4 Quality in this context is skill, ability, attitude, personality, fitness, stamina.

5. The ability to attract such players and coaches depends on the money available as well as the quality of club leadership..  The attractiveness of the club to players, coaches depends on the money available to pay them and to provide attractive facilities, too. 

6. The money available depends on owners and directors input, sponsorship, central funding, income from fans. 

7. Money from fans depends on a range of factors ranging from quality of stadium and facilities, media activities, RFL/SL activities directly and indirectly through social media. It also depends on the penetration rate into the local population. 

8. Money from fans also depends on success on the field. And so the perpetual motion machine is operating.

So all that is happening is that the model is being brought into play and clubs are being incentivised to adopt the model of the successful clubs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

In my view and experience, this is how it works, simplified and serialised, or rather, circularised.

Identify the successful sustainable clubs. Identify the factors that determine this success and build a model for all clubs to adopt.  Incentivise clubs to adopt best practice.

Success on the field depends on a number of things, including but not limited to:

1. The quality of the individual players.

2. The quality of the team.

3. The quality of the coach, the coaching, the training.

4 Quality in this context is skill, ability, attitude, personality, fitness, stamina.

5. The ability to attract such players and coaches depends on the money available as well as the quality of club leadership..  The attractiveness of the club to players, coaches depends on the money available to pay them and to provide attractive facilities, too. 

6. The money available depends on owners and directors input, sponsorship, central funding, income from fans. 

7. Money from fans depends on a range of factors ranging from quality of stadium and facilities, media activities, RFL/SL activities directly and indirectly through social media. It also depends on the penetration rate into the local population. 

8. Money from fans also depends on success on the field. And so the perpetual motion machine is operating.

So all that is happening is that the model is being brought into play and clubs are being incentivised to adopt the model of the successful clubs.

If you don't have 5 6 and 7 It is highly unlikely you will have 1 2 3 and 4 which means you won't have 8. This is why how a club performs off field is just as important as what happens on it, maybe even more so.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Rover said:

If you don't have 5 6 and 7 It is highly unlikely you will have 1 2 3 and 4 which means you won't have 8. This is why how a club performs off field is just as important as what happens on it, maybe even more so.

Exactly so.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Everything listed depends on money. Money - or the lack of it - is the main driver here.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Rover said:

Exactly. I'm not sure every poster gets that.

15 hours ago, Dave W said:

Money - or the lack of it - is the main driver here.

Literally why the work with IMG's main purpose is getting more money into the game.

That's the reality of the IMG grading.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

9 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Or even agrees with it.

You are perfectly entitled to your view, expressed frequently and regularly.

I've now answered your question in full, as you requested .

Your turn now: do you want the Reimagining Rugby League project to succeed? 

(For clarity, not "do you think it will succeed " but " do you want it to succeed" )

1. Yes?

2. No?

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Literally why the work with IMG's main purpose is getting more money into the game.

That's the reality of the IMG grading.

I hope it does flow down throughout the game rather than just the top teams benefitting. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JohnM said:

(For clarity, not "do you think it will succeed " but " do you want it to succeed" )

1. Yes?

2. No?

Firstly, no I don't think you have answered my question in full, what you express is obvious it is like asking someone how does an automatic car work and the answer comes back automatically.

Secondly I have expressed my opinion on the Reimagining Rugby League project, but because you are struggling to understand it I will reiterate :-

It is not a simple monosyllabic yes or no answer, there are other factors to consider, If the project results in the game being harmed below SL then NO I don't want it to succeed in its present format.

Let me reverse that question to you, If this IMG project in its present form results in clubs below SL struggling and maybe closing down, do you want it to succeed.

1. Yes

2. No

19 minutes ago, Dave W said:

I hope it does flow down throughout the game rather than just the top teams benefitting. 

Exactly. We all hope it works.

• Haha 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

48 minutes ago, JohnM said:

1. Yes?

2. No?

That's the second post from you containing an implied insult. You are now on ignore.

1 minute ago, JohnM said:

That's the second post from you containing an implied insult. You are now on ignore.

Are you arguing with yourself John? 🤣

• Haha 2