Sat 13th Apr: CCQF: Hull KR v Leigh Leopards KO 17:00 (BBC)

Who will win?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/04/24 at 16:30

2 minutes ago, Wigan Riversider said:

We will agree to differ regarding the PTB.

GOAT is not debatable.

He was used as the example of being offside at the PTB when I took my local refereeing course (not the RFL one)

6 minutes ago, LeeF said:

He was used as the example of being offside at the PTB when I took my local refereeing course (not the RFL one)

When he was at Leeds 1991-1995 or when he was at his best at Wigan 1985-1991 or even when he scored 55 tries at Bradford 1984-1985?

20 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Wasn’t it because John Kear had said he’d get a round in if Lewis kicked the goal so she jokingly cheered him on. 

Yep, that was the context

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Battered ???? 🤣  result was in doubt till the last try.

And i agree about this poor Leigh narrative, basically they are 1 season wonders and their squad players aren't good enough, it's all an excuse to try and cover up how poor they've been this year.

It was a good game as a neutral as i said it would be, congrats to KR for getting to their 3rd consecutive semi-finals.

Sometimes the scoreboard doesn’t reflect the game.

Leigh didn’t really threaten Rovers consistently, even though their good discipline and intelligent organisation gave them lots of possession and good ball. It always felt comfortable, for a tight game. Like we had another gear if needed. 

45 minutes ago, meast said:

Apart from Asiata and Ipape, which other premier players did Leigh have unavailable?

It looked a pretty strong line up, the way the "little old Leigh" fans have been going on about being understrength I was expecting of their academy side to be named 😑

O'Brien, Mulhern, Ipape, Asiata, Holmes all missing today that would be in the 17 usually, plus Amone was first game back after only playing twice this season. We've been pretty severely understrength since round 2. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Worzel said:

Sometimes the scoreboard doesn’t reflect the game.

Leigh didn’t really threaten Rovers consistently, even though their good discipline and intelligent organisation gave them lots of possession and good ball. It always felt comfortable, for a tight game. Like we had another gear if needed. 

Play like that in the Semi like you did in the first half, forget Wembley. 

Once you get into gear, you are good to watch but any team with speed on the fringes will have you I’m afraid. 

If I was a coach, I would have my pack run at Lewis and Whitbread all day. Both can’t tackle a dinner ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Battered ???? 🤣  result was in doubt till the last try.

And i agree about this poor Leigh narrative, basically they are 1 season wonders and their squad players aren't good enough, it's all an excuse to try and cover up how poor they've been this year.

It was a good game as a neutral as i said it would be, congrats to KR for getting to their 3rd consecutive semi-finals.

At least we're having a poor season on the back of actually winning something, rather than choking in a final. Glass houses and all that eh?

12 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

At least we're having a poor season on the back of actually winning something, rather than choking in a final. Glass houses and all that eh?

A poor season is a poor season and is irrelevant to the last one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, meast said:

Apart from Asiata and Ipape, which other premier players did Leigh have unavailable?

It looked a pretty strong line up, the way the "little old Leigh" fans have been going on about being understrength I was expecting of their academy side to be named 😑

Robbie Mulhern. Can you not just enjoy your teams great win in Catalan instead of being obsessed with Derek Beaumont & Leigh Leopards. You're so predictable.

24 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

O'Brien, Mulhern, Ipape, Asiata, Holmes all missing today that would be in the 17 usually, plus Amone was first game back after only playing twice this season. We've been pretty severely understrength since round 2. 

O' Brien and Holmes have both come in for some criticism from some Leigh fans this season, are they really premier players?

Would Hughes/Halton/ O'Donnell not be suitable replacements for Holmes? if not would they not start over him?

Mulhern, Asiata and Ipape, granted, hard to replace, but Dwyer has just signed so more than efficient replacement for Ipape, although clearly not as good.

Moylan did a decent job replacing O'Brien and McNamara can play half back or hooker.

It's not like you didn't have replacements, admittedly, 3 of those would be a big miss but that's really only 3 major players that were missing, hardly a crisis which some Leythers are making out.

In my opinion anyway.

• Haha 1

Just now, Zilla Budgie said:

Robbie Mulhern. Can you not just enjoy your teams great win in Catalan instead of being obsessed with Derek Beaumont & Leigh Leopards. You're so predictable.

I think you're the one who is obsessed, I'm commenting and discussing things on a match thread involving Leigh, isn't that the jist of these discussion forums?

The narrative from Leigh is that they have a vastly understrength team and are unable to put out a competitive side, yet there are internationals and fine players scattered all over their team.

Or are we only allowed to comment on our own teams?

No one other than one eyed Leythers are obsessed with Leigh and Derek Beaumont.

I commiserate on losing the game and bid you goodnight.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Wigan Riversider said:

When he was at Leeds 1991-1995 or when he was at his best at Wigan 1985-1991 or even when he scored 55 tries at Bradford 1984-1985?

Wigan & Leeds would have been referenced but I’m still not taking anything away from how good a player he was. 

2 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

Good luck to HKR. I am a huge supporter of the underdog and I hope one of them or Hudds go all the way 🤞

It would be ideal if Huddersfield and Hull KR can avoid each other in the semis. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

1 hour ago, Snowys Backside said:

Play like that in the Semi like you did in the first half, forget Wembley. 

Once you get into gear, you are good to watch but any team with speed on the fringes will have you I’m afraid. 

If I was a coach, I would have my pack run at Lewis and Whitbread all day. Both can’t tackle a dinner ! 

🤣🤣🤣🤣 ….oh, only someone had thought of that in the last 2 seasons! 

Oh, they did? And got nowhere? I mean it’s almost like you’re imagining stuff eh 

I was quite pleased with our performance, thought we would have lost by more. To be only be 6 points behind with a minute remaining was a decent effort. KR will have to be a lot better in the semi if they are to make the final.

Edited by Zilla Budgie
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, meast said:

O' Brien and Holmes have both come in for some criticism from some Leigh fans this season, are they really premier players?

Would Hughes/Halton/ O'Donnell not be suitable replacements for Holmes? if not would they not start over him?

Mulhern, Asiata and Ipape, granted, hard to replace, but Dwyer has just signed so more than efficient replacement for Ipape, although clearly not as good.

Moylan did a decent job replacing O'Brien and McNamara can play half back or hooker.

It's not like you didn't have replacements, admittedly, 3 of those would be a big miss but that's really only 3 major players that were missing, hardly a crisis which some Leythers are making out.

In my opinion anyway.

Holmes has only played two games this season, and done well in both. He’s certainly not come in for criticism this season. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Holmes has only played two games this season, and done well in both. He’s certainly not come in for criticism this season. 

Correct. Meast just made that bit up to get some kind of point across that we're not really missing any talented players. Wish we had Oliver Holmes playing regularly instead of Owen Trout.

3 hours ago, meast said:

Good game in the end, good to see real deal rovers and Mikey "hot prospect" Lewis turn up for the 2nd half.

The grapes they grow on the slopes of Castle Hill must be especially bitter this spring 🤣

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Worzel said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣 ….oh, only someone had thought of that in the last 2 seasons! 

Oh, they did? And got nowhere? I mean it’s almost like you’re imagining stuff eh 

Am I missing something, or have you won something in the past 2 seasons? If not, you do lose games ! 

Good luck in the Semis ! 

8 hours ago, JohnM said:

We can forget all our troubles, forget all our cares
So go downtown, things'll be great when you're
Downtown, don't wait a minute more
Downtown, everything's waiting for you. 👍🙂

Dear Petula Clark (Born Sally Clark)- saw her perform a few times and picked up a pirated sound tape of her hits for Aus$2 in Hong Kong in 1971.Hugely popular in the US.

• Like 1

Leigh are far from being one season wonders. They played well yesterday, the defensive was good.  They will get stronger when players return.  Neither team coped well with the very strong wind behind them, it will  have been difficult to play in. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, phiggins said:

Holmes wouldn’t  be in the starting 17 if everyone was fit (rightly or wrongly), Halton, hughes,o donnell, trout all above him in the pecking order with Lam

• Like 1