Fri 19th Apr: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Huddersfield Giants KO 20:00 (Sky)

Who will win?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Huddersfield Giants

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 19/04/24 at 19:30

25 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I agree, Miller was probably our best player last night. 

The atmosphere is dictated primarily by what happens on field. There's been not a lot to like - 4th defeat on the spin at home, at least this time we scored double figures... Add to that the impact of last season and expectations for this, you can't blame the fans for being underwhelmed at the moment. 

The times I remember it being like that when we were "winning everything" happened usually when we were in a mid season slump that saw us finish 5th consecutively. 

I’m not particularly blaming the fans, they have a right to react how they want.

I just personally don’t like some of the vitriol I'm hearing at games. Some of it quite personal.

I’m underwhelmed myself, although were not that far off where I expected from the start of this season, I thought we’d be scratchy til around round 10, I did however expect us to have one or two more wins.

Last night could have easily gone either way, I’m not that despondent just yet. I’ve seen some really good stuff it’s just been mixed with some awful stuff.

Scrape a win or even lose any of our next two games and it might be different 

11 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I e not been to many away games this year, not because of the performances, standing for two hours with people hurling personal abuse is not really my idea of fun TBH

Thankfully we don't have them at games, the 150 or so of us who do go to away games are generally positive and keen to offer support, the abusive ones do that online rather than actually make the effort to go and support the team, we've had some nasty, horrible stuff directed at players and staff, obviously from people who don't actually go to games.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Click said:

I am not sure if JJB is learning to speak more clearly, or I am just too used to him talking at this point that I can actually understand him*. (*sometimes)

He's definitely had something done with his teeth. I was astounded by how clearly he spoke last night.

5 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

He's definitely had something done with his teeth. I was astounded by how clearly he spoke last night.

He’s had reconstructive surgery on his Jaw and Teeth which meant he had to wear a pretty big brace for a few years. Which is why it rankled me a bit when he was getting so much stick for his speech.

It coincided with him getting the gig on Sky and apparently he was pretty worried about how he would speak on TV.

Takes a bit of courage IMO especially as I say the amount of personal abuse hurled around on SM and the likes.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Hope Leeds supporters are not going to complain about the ref for that Huddersfield try.Mr Drake does not like refs to be criticised.

Look, it's not that hard to understand, is it? This is posted at the start of every match thread and it is pretty clear, most people seem to grasp the point (and it has vastly reduced the number of reported posts in match threads so far this season).

Please stick to discussing the match in question and do not accuse match officials of being biased or corrupt or you run the risk of being immediately banned from the forum.

Get it? No one is saying refs are infallible, or that when they get a decision wrong, you can't argue the toss about it on here.

Where it crosses the line is when people start saying stuff like: 'wah wah wah the ref hates my club, he never gives us anything, he's deliberately helping the other side, he's been bought and paid for, it's a plot by the RFL to do us down, wah wah wah'.

There is a difference. Hope this clarifies it, for anyone who doesn't understand.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

It was a knock on.

Enjoy the win, Hudds have picked up some form after an indifferent start good luck to them.

Youve got some tricky games coming up, thankfully Leeds have s couple of gsmes that we ‘should’ be able to win.

In Rohan you trust?

4 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Miller was excellent bar his brain fart.

Atmosphere at Headingley is very poor at the moment, it’s actually not that enjoyable to go to, the vitriol from some of our fans towards lots of people at the club is horrendous.

Mind you it’s been like that even when we were winning everything at certain points, don’t call us Whinos for nothing 🙂

well yes, but my observations are that he does regular have brain farts. They normally follow a mistake that he makes, no problem that a mistake gets made though his immediate response seems to be a mental implosion.  He rushes the next play he is involved in... The farcical drop out being an example, even worse that the rest of the team were not expecting a short drop out even if he didn't fluff it.   In an earlier game he kicked out on the full immediate after his mistake led to a try... similar in another game were he rushed PTB after a mistake.

me thinks he needs more resilience.

Anyway I don't think he's a good full back anyway so I may be bias. Yep he catches high kicks no problem but he mostly flatters to deceive with his jiggling about and rarely joins the line in attack. At the moment Leeds need a solid defensive full back and organiser that also knows when to join the line and add the extra passing abilities rather than running in and out and somewhere about - disrupting the attack structure.

8 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

TBH im half hoping he gets sack to stop the constant whinging 😉

yep, think that myself sometimes...chuckle

question to ask was the same people saying lets sack the coach at half-time when Leeds were clearly on top. or even at 12points up with 18mins left on the clock and they were attacking in the Hudd's last 20.  Although I must admit at screaming for a drop goal on the last play at that point... not sure about the decision making...

Anyway the lack of someone to take control of the group with some tactical field kicking to slow the game down when Leeds clearly had big defensive weakness on the right edge.   Someone to put in kicks to the sideline for example...

2 hours ago, redjonn said:

well yes, but my observations are that he does regular have brain farts. They normally follow a mistake that he makes, no problem that a mistake gets made though his immediate response seems to be a mental implosion.  He rushes the next play he is involved in... The farcical drop out being an example, even worse that the rest of the team were not expecting a short drop out even if he didn't fluff it.   In an earlier game he kicked out on the full immediate after his mistake led to a try... similar in another game were he rushed PTB after a mistake.

Anyway I don't think he's a good full back anyway so I may be bias. Yep he catches high kicks no problem but he mostly flatters to deceive with his jiggling about and rarely joins the line in attack. At the moment Leeds need a solid defensive full back and organiser that also knows when to join the line and add the extra passing abilities rather than running in and out and somewhere about - disrupting the attack structure.

I think you’re being harsh on Miller - especially defensive wise.

Miller is entertaining, and rugby is entertainment, top of the tackle bust charts, i cant remember him dropping any high balls and he’s an attacking threat, Miller is way way down on the list of issues at Leeds.

7 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Miller was excellent bar his brain fart.

Atmosphere at Headingley is very poor at the moment, it’s actually not that enjoyable to go to, the vitriol from some of our fans towards lots of people at the club is horrendous.

Mind you it’s been like that even when we were winning everything at certain points, don’t call us Whinos for nothing 🙂

Ha ha....I was there for the Wire game....it was the quietest at the start I've heard for years....at times it picked up but Wire drowned them out as they crept ahead 

But they had the balloon guy back in the south stand so my kids were happy 

8 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

I’m not particularly blaming the fans, they have a right to react how they want.

I just personally don’t like some of the vitriol I'm hearing at games. Some of it quite personal.

I’m underwhelmed myself, although were not that far off where I expected from the start of this season, I thought we’d be scratchy til around round 10, I did however expect us to have one or two more wins.

Last night could have easily gone either way, I’m not that despondent just yet. I’ve seen some really good stuff it’s just been mixed with some awful stuff.

Scrape a win or even lose any of our next two games and it might be different 

Its going to get ugly I suppose if things are fractious. That isn't nice, but nor is being pretty rubbish for the second season running. The mood around the fans of the club is frustrated - either from those who want Smith out, or those who don't who are losing the will to defend another "we were close" post match press conference.

I felt last night could have gone either way too. We didn't make enough of our dominant periods and Huddersfield were nothing special - a consistent pattern this season so far.

However if Jake Connor could kick they could have beaten us by another 10 points. That's not close anymore.

The fact even you are saying what you are in your last paragraph is telling. Hull and London simply have to be 2 convincing wins. Anything less and well...

5 hours ago, redjonn said:

I can't remember who it was but one of the Sky pundits was really critical of Miller a few weeks ago in the pre-game analysis.

44 minutes ago, Damien said:

I can't remember who it was but one of the Sky pundits was really critical of Miller a few weeks ago in the pre-game analysis.

Oh. Probably Wilkin.

Miller is a good player and an exciting one to watch, not sure why people are quick to have a go at him.

For those saying the last try was a knock on, all I say is a couple of seasons ago, Giants lost to Leeds after Leeds were awarded,4 tries without referral to the VR - none of which should be awarded (not to mention Myler getting Hill sent off)

Tldr. It maybe evens out after all 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ant said:

For those saying the last try was a knock on, all I say is a couple of seasons ago, Giants lost to Leeds after Leeds were awarded,4 tries without referral to the VR - none of which should be awarded (not to mention Myler getting Hill sent off)

Tldr. It maybe evens out after all 

Oh now just you stop it 🤧

Soon we will be dancing the fandango
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK