Batley Sunday

the RFL spend plenty of time looking at stuff players have done on video referral how much time do they spend assessing refs and touch judges on video referral. its ridiculous. it costs a fair few bob in entry and travel each week n having the game officiated by idiots with whistles n flags each week just makes the whole thing a joke

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

Match highlights are here, make of that second "try" what you will, but that's as obvious a knock on as you'll see: 

HAVING WATCHED THAT AGAIN, THIS TIME FRAME BY FRAME THAT IS DEFINATELY A KNOCK ON, THE ONLY YORK PLAYER NEAR THE 'SCORER' WAS THE TACKLER ROUND HIS LEGS, POOR DECISION, BUT IT IS WHAT IS, NO AMOUNT OF WHINGEING IS GOING TO CHANGE THE RESULT AND WE HAD PLENTY OF OTHER OPPORTUNITIES TO PUT THIS TIE TO BED. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nearenough said:

the RFL spend plenty of time looking at stuff players have done on video referral how much time do they spend assessing refs and touch judges on video referral. its ridiculous. it costs a fair few bob in entry and travel each week n having the game officiated by idiots with whistles n flags each week just makes the whole thing a joke

yeah and they get paid for it

Not saying this was the case on Sunday for one second, but I was talking to an ex-Championship referee a couple of years ago who gave up after being instructed to influence the outcome of a match. This incident was a fair while ago, but this person is highly respected in the game, so I have no reason to believe he was lying to me. Why would he? 

Edited by Fax Knight

37 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

Not saying this was the case on Sunday for one second, but I was talking to an ex-Championship referee a couple of years ago who gave up after being instructed to influence the outcome of a match. This incident was a fair while ago, but this person is highly respected in the game, so I have no reason to believe he was lying to me. Why would he? 

This is probably the most extraordinary post I have ever seen on this site. We have an accusation that some malign influence for whatever reason has sought to "fix" a match. The match official who was approached has not reported this matter formally. Fax Knight, having become aware of this corruption, conspiracy, call it what you will, has now mentioned it on this site.

Apart from the moral/ethical implications that our game is rotten to the core there are legal ramifications. Were there, could there, be any betting or gambling interests involved? How did this affect any promotion or relegation with concommitant financial gains/losses for teams who did or not benefit?

Other than noting my profound shock/disgust for once I am lost for words.

13 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

Sorry, but I'm calling BS on that. Not having it at all. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

In all honesty I cannot see any referee in our sport deliberatly trying to influence the result of a game,  it just wouldn't happen

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

In all honesty I cannot see any referee in our sport deliberatly trying to influence the result of a game,  it just wouldn't happen

good point , mistakes happen but cheating NO

On 30/04/2024 at 14:11, Nearenough said:

I presume you are currently taking your refereeing qualifications so you can improve the standard instead of just moaning?

Thought not

On 30/04/2024 at 14:11, Nearenough said:

I wonder.Do you come on this forum and call officials idiots when York benefit from poor decisions?

4 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Let's really, really hope this the bovine faecal stuff but just look at other sports, the Indian bookies in cricket, the illegal betting scandals in soccer, Chicago White Sox(😊). You just never know.

3 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

The Knights made a few mistakes on Sunday, that's what cost us the game.

I tend to think that the reason you lost on Sunday was that you only looked really threatening for 20 minutes or so. The fact that we were 20+ points up with 20 minutes to go tells its own story. I thought Henderson's comments after the match were spot on.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

The Knights made a few mistakes on Sunday, that's what cost us the game.

not referring to the batley match , just RL in general 

One of the reasons we are losing games we give away to many penalties in games which Hendo has said in his post match interviews and is nothing to do with the man in the middle.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, distantdog said:

I tend to think that the reason you lost on Sunday was that you only looked really threatening for 20 minutes or so. The fact that we were 20+ points up with 20 minutes to go tells its own story. I thought Henderson's comments after the match were spot on.

And there you have the crux of the matter on Sunday - IMO 60 minutes where the attacking emphasis was poorly channeled, for whatever reason.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

I wonder.Do you come on this forum and call officials idiots when York benefit from poor decisions?

We never do!  😄😄😉

So, in this day and age of clubs having attacking coaches, defensive coaches, forward coaches plus of course the coach with four wheels what does the guy who is ‘The Coach’ do? It used to be one man who just got on with the job and if he didn’t perform he was shown the door, it isn’t as if Rugby League is a complicated game unlike that other lot which I have never understood.

1 hour ago, Stirlin said:

Well according to ' the coach' not bringing Hingano on till later in the game was ' tactical'.🍌

If he had actually brought him on at the start of the second half we might have won the game,but we will never no now.

On 01/05/2024 at 11:14, Gav Wilson said:

Believe what you like sunshine. I was there, I wasn’t the only the one. That’s what he said. Maybe he was lying, I’m not. Why would I FFS. 

On 02/05/2024 at 23:53, Fax Knight said:

Believe what you like sunshine. I was there, I wasn’t the only the one. That’s what he said. Maybe he was lying, I’m not. Why would I FFS. 

I couldn't care less whether you made it up or if someone else said it. Don't repeat nonsense like that unless you have cast iron evidence.

And if you do, you report it to the governing body.

• Like 2

Well that was disappointing to say the least. Dumb playing Hingano and Thompson out of position. Brown needs a rest, along with a few others. Dagger seems to have a habit of getting sent off. Decent player when he’s on the pitch though. Apart from him, very little pace in the backs and, as even Stevie Wonder would have seen pre-season, the pack is way too small. There’s only two York forwards heavier than me and I’d hardly consider myself a beast of a bloke. And one of them is 37 and is starting to play like it. We’ve got Santi, Antrobus, Edwards and Dee to come in. One day, maybe.  Plus AJ, if we ever see him in a York shirt again (let’s hope so) and Pemberton, but he’s only a kid and a few other youngsters.  You can’t rely on kids. Not counting loan players, they can disappear in a moment. That’s it. Desperately need some size and aggression.