Sun 28th Apr: SL: Hull FC v Leeds Rhinos KO 15:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/04/24 at 14:30

1 hour ago, Hopie said:

Poor quality, not sure Leeds can take much from that performance.

We can only take two sorry three things.

1. Two points

2. Riley Lumbs performance

3. Its a good job we have Croft as he’s pretty much setting up all our trys.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Well I enjoyed the game. 2 teams under a lot of pressure, mistakes are going to happen. We're not going to pretend the quality of our play is good. What I wanted as a Hull fan was effort throughout and some evidence of resilience and structure in defence and I think we definitely got that. 

We're under-sized and inexperienced as a team. But for the first time in a long time (unless I've forgotten one, first time since August last year), we scored first and were in it until the end. Big step in the right direction. 

For Leeds, they'll no doubt feel similar to how we felt when we beat London: a game they should have performed a lot better in and been more convincing in considering relative positions. 

Thought that was easily Hulls best performance of the year, those kids getting game time now will pay dividends in years to come.

52 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

I can't see Frawley getting in the Leeds Hall of Fame.

He couldn't get in a poor Huddersfield side never mind Leeds Hall of fame!!

He looks an even worse player now.

I actually enjoyed watching that, 2 poor teams trying to out mistake each other and the game was in doubt till late on, a good battle.

Had to laugh at YoungJack Walker celebrating a Leeds knock on like mad then dropping the easiest pass ever a few seconds later.

Also i feel a bit sorry for the Charles kid, he's so young and raw and Hull are literally expecting him run the show for them, he looks a great prospect but there must be so much pressure on him already, he made some mistakes today but that's gonna be expected with the amount of responsibility he has already.

And did i see Sao trying to whack the ref's arms when signalling for the video ref?

anyway thankfully this Leeds win keeps Rohan in a job for a little bit longer so every cloud and all that 🙂

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

What has happened to Cam Smith, as he has got older when you think the extra experience would have improved him, he has gone backwards in my opinion.

Never really rated him despite the hype tbh personally. A semi reliable plodder, which you need in a squad, but nothing special.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

Edited for accuracy.

I know I shouldn't bite but after that game I was a bit bored so decided to make my own entertainment.

🤣🤣🤣 I know, I know. But I did that on purpose to make the point as confronting as it needed to be: The SMC don’t run it as if it was a joint stadium, they run it as if it was Hull City’s stadium and you lot are the  slightly-resented tenants. One look at their ridiculous Tiger vestibules tells you that.

Seeing as a large chunk of City’s fan base come from the wider East Riding rather than Hull itself, and the ground was built with City Council funds in a rugby city, to be honest it winds me up let alone you lot. 

• Like 2

Close to thinking that losing would have been better because at least it may have tipped Hetherington closer to sacking him...

A close victory was good just for the 2 points only...

1 hour ago, Hopie said:

Who is surprised?
It is legitimate to criticise the level of coverage being too much, or focused on the wrong things, just as it is legitimate to ask for more coverage, or a different focus.

I was probably thinking of the 'what a state Super League is in' type comments.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

I think with Jake Clifford still in B & W then we win that game.

Encouraged by the effort but we lack so much direction it hurts, still doing one up RL with only a minute or two left, ridiculous.

As has been said already, the young kids will learn from these games so there are some positives at least.

A month on the road now, will we be bottom soon?, I dearly hope not.

And Hull KR lend us a player...good grief, I'd rather they were taking the p*$$ than feeling sorry for us.

• Haha 1
                                                                  :kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

46 minutes ago, daz39 said:

anyway thankfully this Leeds win keeps Rohan in a job for a little bit longer so every cloud and all that 🙂

So you want Leeds to keep winning? 

Weird logic, Daz.

the young kids will learn from this... hear that a lot especially when teams are struggling, like Hull and Leeds, etc...

I would agree they gain experience but not sure what they learn playing in poor teams struggling and lacking in confidence.  The young players will have been playing RL for a long time, all-be-it in the academy, reserves or elsewhere.   Not sure what else they learn other than playing at a more demanding pace and gaining experience so they are more confident when playing again at the higher level.

Coming on for short periods in winning teams for sure helps the youngsters gain the experience and learn the structures and play books... not so sure about the struggling teams as they may be learning the wrong lessons...

Means must though....

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Leeds Wire said:

So you want Leeds to keep winning? 

Weird logic, Daz.

While he's there they'll continue to be a means of amusement, yeah i see where your coming from 🙂

• Like 1

just watched the cowboys v the panthers - was it even the same sport I was watching? talk about worlds apart - more like galaxies apart - how can that SL fayre from this aft and the other game mentioned have become so different? 

• Like 3

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

just watched the cowboys v the panthers - was it even the same sport I was watching? talk about worlds apart - more like galaxies apart - how can that SL fayre from this aft and the other game mentioned have become so different? 

don't know... all I know is I enjoy watching RL here including SL... over the years I've seen many poor games and many good games... even the poor one's don't put me off watching ...  

As with most sports some countries provide better standard than others but each still has many enjoying whatever level it is.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

That's like asking why Football in Australia/New Zealand isn't as good as it is is in England/Spain, 2 very different cultures and upbringings and attitudes towards the sports in the different parts of the world.

Do you think Australian 'soccer' fans think their league should be on a par with the Premier league/championship?

Edited by daz39
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Have you really just noticed that the Australian game is a higher standard than the UK.  Its been 42 years since the 1982 Kangaroo tour.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

Have you really just noticed that the Australian game is a higher standard than the UK.  Its been 42 years since the 1982 Kangaroo tour.

my point is - to someone whos never seen the game - would they think they were watching the same sport?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

3 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

my point is - to someone whos never seen the game - would they think they were watching the same sport?

Yes. I think they would.

Have you ever thought you were watching two different sports because the quality of the matches have been quite far apart.  I would imagine that's very unlikely. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

I think with Jake Clifford still in B & W then we win that game.

Encouraged by the effort but we lack so much direction it hurts, still doing one up RL with only a minute or two left, ridiculous.

As has been said already, the young kids will learn from these games so there are some positives at least.

A month on the road now, will we be bottom soon?, I dearly hope not.

And Hull KR lend us a player...good grief, I'd rather they were taking the p*$$ than feeling sorry for us.

He’s a good player to be fair, deserves a good run at this level 

28 minutes ago, Worzel said:

He’s a good player to be fair, deserves a good run at this level 

Can't be easy coming into a struggling side as a loan player but fair play to him, he had a real dig. Was quite impressed with him.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

5 hours ago, M j M said:

Some Leeds fans being childish morons with their little songs today.

The songs about Rohan Smith?

Absolutely not on.

• Like 1

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

5 hours ago, Gomersall said:

Walker having the epitome of a rocks and diamonds game.

Couple of things he won't be happy with but it was good to have him back. Seems odd to think of Young Jack bringing a bit of experience to the team.

4 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Well I enjoyed the game. 2 teams under a lot of pressure, mistakes are going to happen. We're not going to pretend the quality of our play is good. What I wanted as a Hull fan was effort throughout and some evidence of resilience and structure in defence and I think we definitely got that. 

We're under-sized and inexperienced as a team. But for the first time in a long time (unless I've forgotten one, first time since August last year), we scored first and were in it until the end. Big step in the right direction. 

For Leeds, they'll no doubt feel similar to how we felt when we beat London: a game they should have performed a lot better in and been more convincing in considering relative positions. 

We know where we are at the moment and it's way too early to say if it was any kind of turning point but it was nice to feel a little positivity about the place.

The reception the players received at the end was good to see. For an "entitled" bunch we're easily pleased.