Leighs pre match entertainment to hit new heights v Cas

9 hours ago, glossop saint said:

I saw the hotpots last weekend in Chester. Great fun. I think it will go down well as a live warm up act, probably better than a 'real' band. 

Even though the band are from the wrong side of the Pennines 😉, they are brilliant. Well worth watching but don't stay to watch the watch the match, that'll only spoil the day. 😁

Taking the urine from Leigh is an enjoyable pastime - when justified, obviously.  This is not one of those occasions. I reckon The Hotpots will appeal to many fans and potential fans. At least Leigh are doing something!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, sam4731 said:

It was nice of Leigh to run an Under 9's competition to design the poster to advertise the game.

What are the Sts posters like? Posters as in large sheets of paper used for advertising an event as opposed to some of the weirdos who write stuff on this forum.

Edited by Gomersall

2 hours ago, glossop saint said:

Watch out for the next SARL article.

Revealed: Lancashire Hotpots real origins and they have their say on what they really like to eat.

SHOCK: 6 food stuff people in Leigh can eat...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, glossop saint said:

Watch out for the next SARL article.

Revealed: Lancashire Hotpots real origins and they have their say on what they really like to eat.

10 minutes ago, daz39 said:

SHOCK: 6 food stuff people in Leigh can eat...

Lancashire Hotpots break silence at start of set.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

No, it isn’t. 

Ok, i just keep seeing it on their posters and stuff, bit misleading for any new fans who won't know what the 'Leopard den' i would have thought. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Spidey said:

17 years ago, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.👍.

Still , it's something most clubs could be doing to even out the flow of fans into the stadium. Get them in early and the more they'll spend on pies and pints. 

Why not think about something for after the game to spread the flow of departing spectators? Many many MANY years ago at the Grand Prix at Silverstone, the put on Chris Barber and His Band at the end of the race to spread the departure of fans over an hour.

Edited by JohnM

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

17 years ago, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.👍.

Still , it's something most clubs could be doing to even out the flow of fans into the stadium. Get them in early and the more they'll spend on pies and pints. 

Why not think about something for after the game to spread the flow of departing spectators? Many many MANY years ago at the Grand Prix at Silverstone, the put on Chris Barber and His Band at the end of the race to spread the departure of fans over an hour.

I think GP and team sport games are two different things altogether though - from what I can see (not that I've done any actual research on the topic), people want to watch the game they've gone to see and then they're off going home/doing whatever else they've got planned. Time slots might be a factor, but I seem to get the impression people will generally make an effort to get to an RL game early but then want to get off later (although appreciate that's easy to say when a lot of games are 8pm kick offs in RL).

11 hours ago, daz39 said:

Ok, i just keep seeing it on their posters and stuff, bit misleading for any new fans who won't know what the 'Leopard den' i would have thought. 

As a Leigh RL fan, I pretty much disregard it.

EFL incompetence also means I’ll be at Leigh v Cas after all!

(been out boozing in Peterborough all day today with a Giants fan who I am sure you and @meast will know. And I’ve got to get him a ticket for the play offs on Friday!)

• Like 1