Lewis Dodd to Souths

Potentially great move for him… just hope whoever the new coach will be buys into him too! Could be a nightmare if not 

Hope his agent hasn’t sold him cheap. Lots of prior Brits have been hired by Aussie teams because they were initially cheap, certainly the Canberra strategy. But great half-backs are on $1m down under, and even average first team ones must be $700k+

19 minutes ago, Worzel said:

Potentially great move for him… just hope whoever the new coach will be buys into him too! Could be a nightmare if not 

Hope his agent hasn’t sold him cheap. Lots of prior Brits have been hired by Aussie teams because they were initially cheap, certainly the Canberra strategy. But great half-backs are on $1m down under, and even average first team ones must be $700k+

Ignore

Edited by bobbruce
  • Haha 2

Interesting move.

Hope he comes good. I honestly haven't been that impressed with him of late, but he's still very young and coming back from a really nasty injury.

Wishing him every success, because he certainly already has a few iconic moments on his resumé.

• Like 3

• Gomersall changed the title to Lewis Dodd to Souths

Hopefully this turns out to be a good move for him. I know it dilutes the SL, but I like watching Brits in the NRL. 
Do Saints have any young halves that could step up next season?

11 minutes ago, JM2010 said:

Hopefully this turns out to be a good move for him. I know it dilutes the SL, but I like watching Brits in the NRL. 
Do Saints have any young halves that could step up next season?

Yeah Wonder who is going to replace him at saints, I suspect Welsby will move into 6 with Lomax at 7. But after Lomax retires not sure who takes the spot. Young Will Roberts and Ben Lane are both in the saints first team but not sure if either of them will ever be starting 7 for saints quality. I’ve heard George Whitby out of the academy is a very talented player, still to early to say how good he will be though.

4 minutes ago, NRLandSL said:

Yeah Wonder who is going to replace him at saints, I suspect Welsby will move into 6 with Lomax at 7. But after Lomax retires not sure who takes the spot. Young Will Roberts and Ben Lane are both in the saints first team but not sure if either of them will ever be starting 7 for saints quality. I’ve heard George Whitby out of the academy is a very talented player, still to early to say how good he will be though.

The end of the era is coming 

6 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

The end of the era is coming 

Their production line is too good for that. A couple of good signing plus a few academy products each year will keep them at the top, just like Wigan

• Like 4

NRL Clubs surely must be on the radar of mikey lewis if they are short on quality halfbacks - would be a great pick up for the roosters with keary coming to the end and walker always in and out with injuries 

• Like 3

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

9 minutes ago, Dovster said:

I don't blame the lad for going but personally i think its sad that SL can't keep the best talent. 

At least in football the clubs get well compensated.

its only like a championship player signing for a premiership club

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dovster said:

I don't blame the lad for going but personally i think its sad that SL can't keep the best talent. 

At least in football the clubs get well compensated.

Only if the player moves in contract. Otherwise they become free agents under the Bosman ruling.

8 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Only if the player moves in contract. Otherwise they become free agents under the Bosman ruling.

Always feel sorry for Bosman who was a player who basically wreck his career while he fought the case that now makes a lot of players very rich. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Loiner said:

Why all the fuss over him going to Australia? He's bang average at best.

Jeez! Give the bloke a break. If he fails then at least he tried. If he succeeds then good on him. Who thought Williams would have been the success he was at Canberra?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Jeez! Give the bloke a break. If he fails then at least he tried. If he succeeds then good on him. Who thought Williams would have been the success he was at Canberra?

Williams did ok but was out played every time when facing  the top half backs like cleary  and moses

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

A 3 or 4 year contract from 2025 apparently.

Souths board also meeting on Tuesday to decide whether to sack Demetriou.

a meeting that should be over before their coffes had time to cool down

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Williams did ok but was out played every time when facing  the top half backs like cleary  and moses

Just like the Aussie halves at the rest of the NRL teams?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

its only like a championship player signing for a premiership club

Is that why the NRL teams keep losing in the WCC, would Man city be losing to Ipswich. If you want to use a football analogy, it’s more like Prem=NRL and Serie A=SL. I’m not sure why you’ve got so much hatred towards the SL and its players. Are you secretly Phil Gould?