haven this sun

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, andyacko said:

Had some time to stew over Sunday.

Another game that should have been a W that was gone by half time.

I sat there and interviewed Hendo after he had to endure his team not performing and some woeful individual performances on display. He was embarrassed by what was served up and his face said everything as he had to go through that 'walk of shame' at half time. I was told from someone close by that he was, let's say, very forthright in his half time views of that first half.

For us then to concede three minutes after the break?

From where I sit I believe we have a number of players who are either just not good enough for this level or are suffering a real crisis of confidence. Those early jitters on Sunday spread through the team like a virus.

Oh for the return of Santi, Field, Bailey A, Cunningham, AJ and Jessie Dee to add both fire and backbone.

Have we reached a low, yes. Have we reached the level we are, no, no and no again. I honestly believe it will turn as players filter back and Hendo will get it sorted but I think a couple of players who featured on Sunday should have an extended wait for their next appearance...

Controversial possibly, also - that half back pairing doesn't work for me..   Any thoughts?

Sorry pal but why should you win this game yorks record isn’t exactly brilliant against haven, a bit disrespectful there nobody is this league is guaranteed anything as Sunday showed and there’s no poor sides in this league.

Edited by Havenfan13
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Sorry pal but why should you win this game yorks record isn’t exactly brilliant against haven, a bit disrespectful there nobody is this league is guaranteed anything as Sunday showed and there’s no poor sides in this league.

Sunday did show there’s poor sides in this league and sadly for us, York is one of them at the moment. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Just now, Simon Hall said:

Sunday did show there’s poor sides in this league and sadly for us, York is one of them at the moment. 

Sides have poor spells marra but it’s about coming out of them which I’m confident York will do. You have some very good players in that side and bad luck only goes on for so long before something turns. Keep the faith no need to panic yet we have just lost 4 on the bounce why can’t you come out of a loss this week and kickstart your season?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Wasn't meant to sound disrespectful but to have any chance in this comp, sides need to win their home games particularly and most York fans thought we would be good enough to beat Haven on Sunday - much as if the fixture had been the reverse, you would have thought Haven would be expected to win.

I'm a York fan but also an RL fan and appreciate all the teams and players in the Championship and your guys were really good on Sunday. I was really impressed by McCarron who got through mountains of good work, Doran slotted in superbly at hooker and, in Ryan King you have one of the best players in the C'sp.

Hope you keep it going.

For us, it's gone and we have to be ready for the challenge the Eagles will bring on Sunday.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Havenfan13 said:

Agree with that. On form  not many thought we'd beat the Bulls a couple of weeks ago but we did, not that you'd know it reading some of the stuff on here. That's why it wouldn't surprise me if we win against Sheffield on Sunday. I'm not saying we will by any means but it wouldn't surprise me. As you say, anyone can beat anyone in this league, apart from Wakey of course, who look like doing a 'Leigh' this season, but you never know. It's a funny old game!

Edited by Clarence Street
  • Like 3

Dagger has received a one match ban for foul & abusive language from Sunday.

The club needs to get a grip of this, we've let one of the the best full backs we've ever had leave and replaced him with a player who can't behave himself and gets banned for dumb reactions when things aren't going his way.

Embarrassing. 

• Like 6

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

40 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

Dagger has received a one match ban for foul & abusive language from Sunday.

The club needs to get a grip of this, we've let one of the the best full backs we've ever had leave and replaced him with a player who can't behave himself and gets banned for dumb reactions when things aren't going his way.

Embarrassing. 

This is an area where Hendo needs to get a grip, discipline this season has been appaling, I know Dagger was very frustrated, I was stood next to him when he was explaining what had happened, they all need to learn to keep quiet, the ref, right or wrong, WILL NOT change his mind, you just have to suck it up. that was something that Fordy really did get right in his time at York, love him or loathe him the side was disciplined and rarely did we have players sent off. I rate Dagger as a player, he is fast, can kick and is good under a high ball - not unlike his understudy Myles Harrison, he needs to be careful or the youngster will take his place. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Expatknight said:

This is an area where Hendo needs to get a grip, discipline this season has been appaling, I know Dagger was very frustrated, I was stood next to him when he was explaining what had happened, they all need to learn to keep quiet, the ref, right or wrong, WILL NOT change his mind, you just have to suck it up. that was something that Fordy really did get right in his time at York, love him or loathe him the side was disciplined and rarely did we have players sent off. I rate Dagger as a player, he is fast, can kick and is good under a high ball - not unlike his understudy Myles Harrison, he needs to be careful or the youngster will take his place. 

If Dagger isn't banned for this game I'd drop him anyway and play Myles as he's been our best fullback so far this year.

Make him win his place back. Can't be dropping young lads for mistakes then giving free reign to those experienced players who can't control their temper.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Simon Hall said:

If Dagger isn't banned for this game I'd drop him anyway and play Myles as he's been our best fullback so far this year.

Make him win his place back. Can't be dropping young lads for mistakes then giving free reign to those experienced players who can't control their temper.

Dagger should play this week , quite simple really he's the better player , yes i agree his discipline is questionable at times , i reckon A J will start this w/e , if jesse is fit he and jimmy will start in the centres with myles on the bench.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, georgeb1 said:

Dagger should play this week , quite simple really he's the better player , yes i agree his discipline is questionable at times , i reckon A J will start this w/e , if jesse is fit he and jimmy will start in the centres with myles on the bench.

Hope the club have fined him and yet again discipline has cost us a player for the following week and do agree that he should start against Sheffield on Sunday.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

good to see brendan santi and oli field back in the squad, myles must have picked up a knock as he's omitted.

my 17

dagger 

brown

bailey

keinhorst

towse

hingano

harris

tai

jubb

teanby

field

fitzsimmons

thompson

michael

santi

williams

severs

Edited by georgeb1

On 08/05/2024 at 11:36, Clarence Street said:

Agree with that. On form  not many thought we'd beat the Bulls a couple of weeks ago but we did, not that you'd know it reading some of the stuff on here. That's why it wouldn't surprise me if we win against Sheffield on Sunday. I'm not saying we will by any means but it wouldn't surprise me. As you say, anyone can beat anyone in this league, apart from Wakey of course, who look like doing a 'Leigh' this season, but you never know. It's a funny old game!

Fev beat Wakey. I know that the Wakey players had never seen a muddy pitch before and the shock of it must have been awesome. And the way that Fev won was from a fluke loose pass in Golden point.In a challenge cup game that Wakey weren't interested in (tongue in cheek). Then in the league match it was anybody's game but Wakey got their own back eventually. They are not quite as good as Leigh were but when they start flashing their money around (like Leigh did) then they may well become unbeatable. Seriously though CS I understand were you are coming from. Next season when there is nowt to play for everybody will be back on even terms player wise.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

good to see brendan santi and oli field back in the squad, myles must have picked up a knock as he's omitted.

my 17

dagger 

brown

bailey

keinhorst

towse

hingano

harris

tai

jubb

teanby

field

fitzsimmons

thompson

michael

santi

williams

severs

Field isn’t fit this weekend so i can see severs and Bailey at second row and maybe ward coming in at centre id go 

Dagger
Towse
Keinhorst
Ward
Lineham/brown
Hingano
Harris
Taii
Jubb/pemberton
Santi
Severs
Bailey