The Player Availability thread

Posted (edited)

Couldn't see where this best fitted, so I thought a new thread to discuss DR/loan players, availability and performances. Let's try to keep this free from gripes about the system itself: we've done that one to death.

Edited by marklaspalmas

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Posted (edited)

Of relevance to us in terms of DR options:
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/hull-fc-sign-kr-halfback-9272793

So assuming Shaw is correct (and he usually is), Ben Reynolds has been allowed to leave HKR on loan - I wonder what the story is there -  and joins Hull FC, with Danny Richardson joining HKR from Cas.

From our POV clearly that means we won't be getting Reynolds back on DR, though Richardson might be an option. For me, Reynolds is the known quantity in terms of current playing ability, but Richardson (who has hardly played over the last 18 months) might bring less baggage.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman

9 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Of relevance to us in terms of DR options:
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/hull-fc-sign-kr-halfback-9272793

So assuming Shaw is correct (and he usually is), Ben Reynolds has been allowed to leave HKR on loan - I wonder what the story is there -  and joins Hull FC, with Danny Richardson joining HKR from Cas.

From our POV clearly that means we won't be getting Reynolds back on DR, though Richardson might be an option. For me, Reynolds is the known quantity in terms of current playing ability, but Richardson (who has hardly played over the last 18 months) might bring less baggage.

Maybe FC are paying a loan fee?. Strange that KR would pay us a decent transfer fee and then move Reynolds on.

8 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

Maybe FC are paying a loan fee?. Strange that KR would pay us a decent transfer fee and then move Reynolds on.

Personally I doubt it's money related, especially as they appear to have moved immediately to secure a replacement in Richardson. Reading between the lines of Shaw's piece... "the Black and Whites have signed the Rovers playmaker after he was unexpectedly made available" and "But after making just two appearances for the Craven Park club, a decision has been made to allow him to seek another challenge, which has ultimately emerged at the MKM Stadium."....that makes me wonder if relationships have soured between Reynolds and HKR.

It will be interesting to see the wording if and when this is announced by HKR.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

"But after making just two appearances for the Craven Park club, a decision has been made to allow him to seek another challenge, .

Just goes to show when you leave FEV  the grass isn't always greener😭

Edited by POR

HullFC are rebuilding and they rate Reynolds a better bet than Richardson.Reynolds would be sat in the stands or playing with us at KR and probably wants game time which he may get as Hull FC restructure their playing staff this season before bringing in some new players for next season.Hull FC have released players and will have at least two from Leigh next season.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sentoffagain2 said:

HullFC are rebuilding and they rate Reynolds a better bet than Richardson.Reynolds would be sat in the stands or playing with us at KR and probably wants game time which he may get as Hull FC restructure their playing staff this season before bringing in some new players for next season.Hull FC have released players and will have at least two from Leigh next season.

These are all good points, but for me the biggest story here is why are Hull KR letting Reynolds go for the rest of the season having paid what was described as a "significant" transfer fee for him around ten weeks earlier?

Reynolds himself stated "The club has gone above and beyond to get me here" when they signed him, it's very interesting that having seemingly gone to great trouble and some expense to sign him they are now happy to effectively swap him for a player who returned fairly recently from a very bad long-term injury and who can't get into the Cas team.

Edited by The Phantom Horseman
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

These are all good points, but for me the biggest story here is why are Hull KR letting Reynolds go for the rest of the season having paid what was described as a "significant" transfer fee for him around ten weeks earlier?

Reynolds himself stated "The club has gone above and beyond to get me here" when they signed him, it's very interesting that having seeminly gone to great trouble and some expense to sign him they are now happy to effectively swap him for a player who returned fairly recently from a very bad long-term injury and who can't get into the Cas team.

I might be barking up the wrong tree, but I wonder if getting banned when with us wasn't taken very well, especially given the reason behind said ban.

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

6 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

I might be barking up the wrong tree, but I wonder if getting banned when with us wasn't taken very well, especially given the reason behind said ban.

Possibly, I am just speculating but from the outside it looks to me like the relationship has gone sour for whatever reason.

Pity they didn't do a straight swap with Hull for Morgan Smith as he would have been a very good fit for us on DR.

• marklaspalmas changed the title to The Player Availability thread
On 07/05/2024 at 15:07, gazza77 said:

Couldn't see where this best fitted, so I thought a new thread to discuss DR/loan players, availability and performances. Let's try to keep this free from gripes about the system itself: we've done that one to death.

I hope you don't mind Gazza, but I changed the title of this useful thread.

32 minutes ago, gazza77 said:

Well nowt coming from HKR just bog standard statement mainly bigging up Richardson

Hull KR can confirm that Danny Richardson has joined the club on a season-long loan from Castleford Tigers with immediate effect while Ben Reynolds will head on loan to Hull FC for the remainder of the 2024 Betfred Super League season. The Widnes native will add quality depth to the Robins’ halves and bring strong competition to Tyrone May and Mikey Lewis.

7 minutes ago, POR said:

Well nowt coming from HKR just bog standard statement mainly bigging up Richardson

Hull KR can confirm that Danny Richardson has joined the club on a season-long loan from Castleford Tigers with immediate effect while Ben Reynolds will head on loan to Hull FC for the remainder of the 2024 Betfred Super League season. The Widnes native will add quality depth to the Robins’ halves and bring strong competition to Tyrone May and Mikey Lewis.

He's going to have a sore backside sat on the bench or in the stands.Just been brought in as back up in case of injuries.Reynolds may not have been happy to do that.

19 minutes ago, marklaspalmas said:

I hope you don't mind Gazza, but I changed the title of this useful thread.

Not a problem. 👍

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

With Richardson being on loan, I would assume that Hull KR can't send him to us on DR? Although, if they can't, it makes it a bizarre signing as he'll be sat behind Lewis and May, as Reynolds was, but with no option to play for us.

37 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

He's going to have a sore backside sat on the bench or in the stands.Just been brought in as back up in case of injuries.Reynolds may not have been happy to do that.

No sympathy S he knew what he was letting himself in for sitting behind English international and fans favourite Lewis and new signing May who replaced another fans favourite Abdul 

46 minutes ago, Michael Bates said:

With Richardson being on loan, I would assume that Hull KR can't send him to us on DR? Although, if they can't, it makes it a bizarre signing as he'll be sat behind Lewis and May, as Reynolds was, but with no option to play for us.

That's my thoughts. Hull KR surely wouldn't be allowed to farm out a player who wasn't legally theirs in the first place. So I think Fev fans can forget Richardson.

It’s strange, can’t see Richardson getting any games for KR. Haven’t seen him play this season, but he was out for 18 months before that. Surely Championship or League 1 would have been a better option.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

It’s strange, can’t see Richardson getting any games for KR. Haven’t seen him play this season, but he was out for 18 months before that. Surely Championship or League 1 would have been a better option.

Agree, I could have seen us making a loan move for him ourselves with Lacans out.

1 hour ago, Michael Bates said:

According to the Op Rules they could, although they'd need permission from the RFL

Op Rule C 1.22.2 A loan player may only be placed on DR by the loanee club with consent of the RFL

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

It seems Greg Eden is about to become available. Looked crocked on Sunday though.

That's ok, he didn't want to come to Fev as he was too good to be playing in the championship. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Please view my photos.

Book now via airbnb

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

It seems Greg Eden is about to become available. Looked crocked on Sunday though.

He's a talent for sure. Would he be ahead of gale and wynne (who's on fire lately) no and we have wacokecoke fighting to get back in. I think he would be an expensive surplus when I believe we need props 

• Like 2