Sat 18th May: CCSF: Hull KR v Wigan Warriors KO 13:45 (BBC)

Who will win?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull KR
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/05/24 at 13:15

42 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

And I think that’s the key. This performance from us came about because of everything that had gone before. A lot of these players know what is required, because they have done it in the past. HKR aren’t there yet - when they are on song and dictate terms they can and will beat anyone, but they haven’t yet learnt how to deal with a watertight defence and attacking threats from every angle. I have seen no reason not to be sure that, in Peters and their back office leadership, they have the people there to make that step. This was a moment in time, but the HKR trajectory is impressively upwards. 

That game at HKR was so frustrating a few weeks back and you sort of say it not knowing if it’s true but my comments on the night were that it would be a blessing for us in the long run, because it pretty much guaranteed absolutely no complacency going in to today. We have a sloppy and complacent loss in us but when that group of players are on, they’re tough to beat. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacksy said:

I really don't like Kendall but he got the majority correct. You just weren't good enough.

It’s possible for Rovers not to be good enough, and for Kendall to have made several errors that worked in Wigan’s favour. There’s no contradiction there at all. It’s how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Chasing the game from an undeserved 10 nil down creates a completely different performance platform. None of which changes the fact that Wigan were by far the better side, or that Rovers shot themselves in the foot. But it’s not unreasonable to call Kendall’s decisions out nonetheless. 

1 minute ago, WN83 said:

That game at HKR was so frustrating a few weeks back and you sort of say it not knowing if it’s true but my comments on the night were that it would be a blessing for us in the long run, because it pretty much guaranteed absolutely no complacency going in to today. We have a sloppy and complacent loss in us but when that group of players are on, they’re tough to beat. 

I think Wigan at 100% are by far the best side in the comp. Doesn’t mean you’ll win it, because that’s sport eh, but no doubt in my mind it is the strongest team. 

What were Kendall’s ‘several’ errors? The O’Neill forward pass was Wilkin making a ###### of himself and then there was the May/Smith coming together, that I’d have to see again. 

Anyone thinking the ref had a major impact on that today are trying to find comfort/excuses IMO. 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, WN83 said:

19! It’s scary his potential. Sadly I suspect it’ll be on show in the NRL in a couple of years time. He admitted before he’d even made his Wigan debut that he hopes to follow his best mate (Pearce-Paul) over there at some point. 

Can't blame him for having ambition.Wigan have managed him well he seems to have adjusted into SL Rugby.

48 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

And I think that’s the key. This performance from us came about because of everything that had gone before. A lot of these players know what is required, because they have done it in the past. HKR aren’t there yet - when they are on song and dictate terms they can and will beat anyone, but they haven’t yet learnt how to deal with a watertight defence and attacking threats from every angle. I have seen no reason not to be sure that, in Peters and their back office leadership, they have the people there to make that step. This was a moment in time, but the HKR trajectory is impressively upwards. 

You’re right. Peters talks about Wigan all the time. We see that organisational resilience and consistency as the benchmark to strive towards, but nobody is under any illusions that at this stage Rovers are a Top 6 side with Top 4 capability. I’m enjoying the journey - even today had its bright spots, oddly. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Worzel said:

I think Wigan at 100% are by far the best side in the comp. Doesn’t mean you’ll win it, because that’s sport eh, but no doubt in my mind it is the strongest team. 

Nothing is guaranteed. I’ve been frustrated with talk of some sort of dynasty. That isn’t something you can predict, it just happens and you look back on it and you need so much luck along the way. It’s a good side but the Wigan side itself highlights how quickly a team can be turned around. The first 17 on paper now is so much better than the one which won the cup in 2022 but if we can do it, why not Wire, Saints again, HKR, Catalans? They could be overtaken as quickly as they’ve got themselves to number one. 

Edited by WN83
  • Like 1

Been in town all afternoon and just about to watch the game.

Any good or shall I not bother?

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

3 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Can't blame him for having ambition.Wigan have managed him well he seems to have adjusted into SL Rugby.

You can’t, I know where I’d be looking to go if I were that talented at such a young age. The mid season international will be interesting when it comes to Nsemba. Second row options aren’t jumping out, with Bateman and KPP down under and he may be worth a punt, especially as a bench option. 

4 minutes ago, Ullman said:

It's well worth watching.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, WN83 said:

19! It’s scary his potential. Sadly I suspect it’ll be on show in the NRL in a couple of years time. He admitted before he’d even made his Wigan debut that he hopes to follow his best mate (Pearce-Paul) over there at some point. 

He is contracted to the end of 2027 and so plenty of time to enjoy his performances for Wigan yet.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

14 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

He is contracted to the end of 2027 and so plenty of time to enjoy his performances for Wigan yet.

Oh definitely, I think he’ll probably play that out and then go at 22ish. I don’t think I’ve seen a Young forward come through and look as physically dominant since Gaz Hock and Junior is a year or so younger than Hock when he debuted. Unlike Hock though, this kid looks to have his head screwed on right. He’s an exciting prospect, not only for Wigan but for the game in the UK. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Ullman said:

I wouldn't bother...yet.

Get a nice single malt ready and I'll pop round...

• Sad 1
                                                                  :kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

4 hours ago, graveyard johnny said:

KR fans look like they are thinking "I could be at home watching Columbo"

"Just one more question..."

• Haha 1
                                                                  :kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

6 hours ago, Just Browny said:

Looks miles off a sellout. Good conditions for a classic though.

RL sell out claims is normally pie in the SKY i know quite a few ticket touts (Fellow Millwall fans who tend to monopolise the business sport concerts etc) and in the last 40 years only 1 RL match as ever sold out and been over subscribed to the extent that Fat Ted and his mates have come up north from the smoke to try to make a few quid and that was the GB v Australia 3rd rest at Elland Road way back after the series was tied at 1 all and even then tickets were only fetching 50 pounds max.

Millwall v Plymouth 2 weeks ago had to pay 400 for 2 tickets for my boys.

P

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, WN83 said:

Oh definitely, I think he’ll probably play that out and then go at 22ish. I don’t think I’ve seen a Young forward come through and look as physically dominant since Gaz Hock and Junior is a year or so younger than Hock when he debuted. Unlike Hock though, this kid looks to have his head screwed on right. He’s an exciting prospect, not only for Wigan but for the game in the UK. 

Agreed.  If Sam Walters plays on the edge when Farrell steps down then they are a very big and athletic pair.  With the middles Wigan have, that's a hell of a pack.

• Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

4 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

RL sell out claims is normally pie in the SKY i know quite a few ticket touts (Fellow Millwall fans who tend to monopolise the business sport concerts etc) and in the last 40 years only 1 RL match as ever sold out and been over subscribed to the extent that Fat Ted and his mates have come up north from the smoke to try to make a few quid and that was the GB v Australia 3rd rest at Elland Road way back after the series was tied at 1 all and even then tickets were only fetching 50 pounds max.

Millwall v Plymouth 2 weeks ago had to pay 400 for 2 tickets for my boys.

P

I had a premonition you were going to say that.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Worzel said:

It’s possible for Rovers not to be good enough, and for Kendall to have made several errors that worked in Wigan’s favour. There’s no contradiction there at all. It’s how the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Chasing the game from an undeserved 10 nil down creates a completely different performance platform. None of which changes the fact that Wigan were by far the better side, or that Rovers shot themselves in the foot. But it’s not unreasonable to call Kendall’s decisions out nonetheless. 

Undeserved 10 lead?

You was off side, so a correct call and the obstruction. Well it was 50/50.

Have a troll through my posts I've called out Kendall plenty of times.

Today he was fine.

Edited by jacksy

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

1 hour ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

So why did we lose last year?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Best team by a mile today Wigan.

Our lads didn't give up and kept trying to the end but outclassed, we made way to many basic errors and against a team of Wigan s  quality you get punished.

As a club we are growing and will benefit from the big game experience and hopefully our time will come.

1 hour ago, Worzel said:

Watch Hall's half time verdict.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

26 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I wouldn't bother...yet.

Get a nice single malt ready and I'll pop round...

I'm up to half time.

I'll pause it until you get here.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

3 minutes ago, Ullman said:

I'm up to half time.

I'll pause it until you get here.

Thank god you didn't say until you come 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Worzel said:

Why was being 10-0 down undeserved?

Edited by Jinking Jimmy

6 minutes ago, Padge said:

Thank god you didn't say until you come 

I was going to say I'll leave the back gate open but thought better of it.

• Like 1