Fri 24th May: SL: Huddersfield Giants v Leigh Leopards KO 20:00 (Sky/SuperLeague+)

Who will win?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Leigh Leopards

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/05/24 at 19:30

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Leigh fans chanting about Jimmy Savile, very classy 

Very silly too considering he was a Leeds son and resident and absolutely nothing to do with Huddersfield making them look and sound pretty stupid.

On 23/05/2024 at 15:08, daz39 said:

We have failed to score in at least 1 half of every home game so far this season, if teams get in front and are still in front at the start of the 2nd half they will more than likely win.

As i said, and nothing changes....

1 hour ago, Just Browny said:

Why have they decided Ash Golding is a hooker? His passing is absolutely dreadful.

God knows, we have 4,000 fans wondering that too, answers on a postcard please to :

Mr I Watson, c/o big horrible stadium, Huddersfield

Another awful evening at the John Smiths for us, another home game where we were bored to tears, another home game where we fail to score in the 1st half, another home game where we never looked threatening, another home game where the players were booed off at half and full time.

If i had to find a positive i'd struggle, in fact the fact we were still in the game was a positive, we've usually been blown away by the hour mark, that was definitely down to Leigh rather than us stepping up, it's nearly 12 months since we've won at that place, fans are staying away in droves now, it's all a far cry from 2022.

There's a lot of our fans now refusing to go until something changes.

Credit to Leigh for holding on at the end when we had our usual 8-10 minutes of **** the process and try play a bit.

57 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Very silly too considering he was a Leeds son and resident and absolutely nothing to do with Huddersfield making them look and sound pretty stupid.

It happens at the LSV for all Yorkshire club visits, I am not defending the Leigh fans by any means but the vocal comes from mostly a very young audience which Leigh have got in the 16 to early 20's who probably don't even know who Jimmy Saville is led by some imbeciles who should know better.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

It happens at the LSV for all Yorkshire club visits, I am not defending the Leigh fans by any means but the vocal comes from mostly a very young audience which Leigh have got in the 16 to early 20's who probably don't even know who Jimmy Saville is led by some imbeciles who should know better.

So basically they think Leeds is all of Yorkshire? says a lot about the geography teachers in the Wigan borough then!

1 minute ago, daz39 said:

So basically they think Leeds is all of Yorkshire? says a lot about the geography teachers in the Wigan borough then!

No daz, as I said they most probably don't have a clue who Jimmy Saville is he could come from Outer Mongolia as far as they know to young to know, it is just a chant albeit a bad one.

Actually had no idea how bad Huddersfield’s home record is until seeing the post above. And yet not really a surprise after the performance last night.

Weird to have two teams coached by former scrum halves who looked to be so lacking in imagination, and especially poor on the last tackle on a good few occasions.

Pleased with the win, but I don’t envy the Match Review Panel having to sit through that 80 minutes again.

9 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I've heard it and it's a  ridiculous chant.

Not only is it sick, it's akin to a Yorkshire clubs supporters singing about Harold Shipman and Leigh...completely thick

By the sounds of the posts it's a good job i didn't pick this game to watch.I thought Saints v Leeds would be a blow out so settled for Cas V Hull FC which was never really in doubt for Cas until Hull FC threw the ball about in the last 15 min.

Just now, Andy JG said:

I've heard it and it's a  ridiculous chant.

Not only is it sick, it's akin to a Yorkshire clubs supporters singing about Harold Shipman and Leigh...completely thick

Shipman was from Nottinghamshire, practiced in Cheshire and died in Yorkshire so that would be beyond a geographical stretch tbf. At least Saville is from the right county, so guilty by association 😏

Not big or clever, but we’ve all been young and had a sniff of the barmaid’s apron. All a bit old hat really, and all the last decade has done has seen is Saville replace Peter Sutcliffe on that front.

The chants will only stop when Yorkshire stops producing monsters, I say. Should dock them IMG points, really. 

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Shipman was from Nottinghamshire, practiced in Cheshire and died in Yorkshire so that would be beyond a geographical stretch tbf. At least Saville is from the right county, so guilty by association 😏

Not big or clever, but we’ve all been young and had a sniff of the barmaid’s apron. All a bit old hat really, and all the last decade has done has seen is Saville replace Peter Sutcliffe on that front.

The chants will only stop when Yorkshire stops producing monsters, I say. Should dock them IMG points, really. 

Are you actually condoning the chants as the perpetrator of these crimes originated from Yorkshire?, i really hope your comment was said in jest otherwise it's a pretty sick thing to say.

40 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Are you actually condoning the chants as the perpetrator of these crimes originated from Yorkshire?, i really hope your comment was said in jest otherwise it's a pretty sick thing to say.

Yes. I was being completely serious. Hence the emoji, and reference to docking IMG points based on tenuous geographical links.

42 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Yes. I was being completely serious. Hence the emoji, and reference to docking IMG points based on tenuous geographical links.

Wasn't sure with the last bit, no emoji, apart from the IMG bit it didn't come across s tongue in cheek, still i bet some neanderathal will see it and condoning and carry on, bit weird really singing that to EVERY fanbase of Yorkshire clubs though, hasn't someone explained how silly they sound?

Anyway back to the game and i hadn't realised how close we had actually come to snatching something out of that until i watched it back over my breakfast this morning, literally Elliot Wallis' fingertips away, we wouldn't have deserved it but we were close.

I also hadn't realised how little threat Leigh offered in the 2nd half either but as i said teams know if they are in front at half time they will usually win, i guess at 14-0 they probably expected to have done enough against our blunt attack and it proved so.

1 hour ago, daz39 said:

Wasn't sure with the last bit, no emoji, apart from the IMG bit it didn't come across s tongue in cheek, still i bet some neanderathal will see it and condoning and carry on, bit weird really singing that to EVERY fanbase of Yorkshire clubs though, hasn't someone explained how silly they sound?

Usual sort of thing with such ‘shock’ chants, draw attention to it and they’ll carry on singing just to prove a point (see also ‘the flute song’), leave it be and they’ll soon move on to another fad. 

5 hours ago, daz39 said:

Anyway back to the game and i hadn't realised how close we had actually come to snatching something out of that until i watched it back over my breakfast this morning, literally Elliot Wallis' fingertips away, we wouldn't have deserved it but we were close.

I also hadn't realised how little threat Leigh offered in the 2nd half either but as i said teams know if they are in front at half time they will usually win, i guess at 14-0 they probably expected to have done enough against our blunt attack and it proved so.

Listening to Lam in his post match interview we were down to 1 sub left on the bench fit, a centre playing stand off and the best part of 40 minutes down to 12 men with no forwards to rotate, winning ugly is still 2 points and we made hard work of it.

Yates away.... Masters away.

Becoming a selling club like us, but selling is not a bad thing, if the buying is good.

BTW. we don't want Watson back, even if you give him away.

'The Invisble Man is at the door'.     'Tell him I can't see him'.      The late, great Tommy Cooper