Dewsbury Rams v Bradford Bulls 30th June, KO: 14:30

We should give Bradford northern Bulls 3000 tickets to sell at 10 pounds each.Try and get the place packed out.  I would give them  more but they must have lost about 10,000 fans over the past number of years.Talk about mis-management there.

Watched highlights of Bulls v Doncaster and Bulls looked very strong. They must be spending some money. They've no chance of being promoted this year, so assume they're building for next season when London are relegated from SL. 

6 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Watched highlights of Bulls v Doncaster and Bulls looked very strong. They must be spending some money. They've no chance of being promoted this year, so assume they're building for next season when London are relegated from SL. 

They've just brought in 2 more players this week

1 hour ago, Lupset Ram said:

I was watching Sam Day play for Westgate last Saturday. I'm sure he could still do a job for us. 

I think work commitments meant that he couldn’t make training.

Does anyone know if that was the reason that Caelum Jordan finished with us too? Noticed he is playing for Shaw Cross under March too.

He was a useful player I thought.

Edited by Rambo
rambo.gif

21 hours ago, Lupset Ram said:

I was watching Sam Day play for Westgate last Saturday. I'm sure he could still do a job for us. 

He was at Trinity v Dewsbury game so still following the team. 

A quick mention for HWD Hospital Radio who will be holding a bucket collection at half time on Sunday.

This is our only fund-raising event this year and we rely totally on public donations to keep the station on air 24 hours a day for the benefit and comfort of patients in the Mid Yorkshire Trust Hospitals.

The station is run and operated totally by volunteers, so be assured 100% of any donation will be used to replace worn equipment, cover internet broadcast costs and to pay our licence fees

This year is our 72nd year making us one of the longest running Hospital Radio Stations in the world! All of that time we have covered local Rugby League live every season!

All home games and selected away games from the Dewsbury Rams and the Bradford Bulls are covered Live!

Sunday is no exception, you can listen ‘Live’ to the Rams Vs Bulls

@ https://hwdhospitalradio.com/player.shtml

So, please dig deep for some cash and put it in the buckets as our volunteers come round at half time and let’s keep our service going another 70 years!         

(for those who don't carry cash, our collectors will have a QR code to scan on your smartphone to contribute via our "Just giving page") :) 

Rams 14 - 42 Bulls

FTS: Restall

MoM: Butterworth

Att: a lot, I hope

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Fair play to the lads today 

Plenty of guts against a stronger

Team. 

Didn't stop trying and that's all you can ask, we were never going to win

Something to build on, despite losing both our halfbacks for next week vs Doncaster 

Sykes & Hookem can cover those troops missing 

We cannot ask anymore than give it your best

And today they gave it a go🤔

• Like 2

March and the club have decided they  are  not interested in bringing in any quality.That's obvious.The lads did all right.But they couldn't take their chances.  As for Bradford ,their fans seemed get very exited over very little.Another a number of years in this league for them.

1 hour ago, graham fisher said:

I wasn't there due to being away, but 38-12 defeat isn't as bad that a lot of us were predicting. What's fans opinions on the performance?

It was a huge improvement from what we saw against York .... Better discipline, fewer unforced errors and a very good completion rate, especially in the 1st half..... IF we can reproduce that sort of performance then we could be looking at good, competitive games against Doncaster, Whitehaven, Barrow & Swinton on our own patch. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Agree with all comments so far. So much better than last few weeks and the lads never gave up against a stupidly massive team.    Thought whole team deserved the mom.   Everyone gave 100% on a very difficult day.  Pity ref didn’t allow us that last minute effort as the score would have looked so much better.  
That Pele is massive and will be a hit with the fans but he’s about as fit as a Shaw Cross newbie.   What a waste of brass.  

• Like 1

A much improved performance and, I have to say, a big influence from Paul Sykes - he almost looked rejuvenated. The team played for each other and never gave up trying, despite facing a much more costly side.

As long as we keep conceding tries one on one and from short bursts to the line we won't win many if any this season. If we can play to that standard, or even better, then we can hope for a result or two in our favour during the rest of the season.

Some of those Bradford fans are hard to please though - I thought that, after everything their club has been through, they might have a more circumspect view of the game. I was wrong, although maybe it was only the ones standing near to me - the rest were probably lovely.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Dewsbury might be doing it tough at the bottom but before the game I’d snapped someone’s hand of for that score very much a banana skin. 

happy to get 4 from 4 in June no disrespect tougher games ahead Toulouse away ain’t conceded in 3 and then wakey at home.

good luck dewsbury keep fighting 

26 minutes ago, Bullmania said:

Dewsbury might be doing it tough at the bottom but before the game I’d snapped someone’s hand of for that score very much a banana skin. 

happy to get 4 from 4 in June no disrespect tougher games ahead Toulouse away ain’t conceded in 3 and then wakey at home.

good luck dewsbury keep fighting 

Always a please welcoming Bradford to our ‘boutique’ stadium 😂

• Like 1
rambo.gif

3 hours ago, silcoates said:

March and the club have decided they  are  not interested in bringing in any quality.That's obvious.The lads did all right.But they couldn't take their chances.  As for Bradford ,their fans seemed get very exited over very little.Another a number of years in this league for them.

Think it's difficult trying to get players mid-season to join a team at the bottom of the league. 

• Thanks 1