Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Mark Calderwood

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:21 PM

My five year old daughter could beat him in a fight. laugh.gif
People called Romans they go the house

#2 Bulletproof

Bulletproof
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (MrPosh @ Jul 15 2010, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was a proper barney.

Err...I mean we do not need to see that in our game.

#3 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:37 PM

but she couldn't catch him tongue.gif

PS Calderwood is a granny (words that rhyme) wink.gif

#4 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,233 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:41 PM

Unfair, she would have a handbag.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#5 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (Padge @ Jul 15 2010, 09:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Unfair, she would have a handbag.

Several, in fact.
People called Romans they go the house

#6 KNIGHTS2009

KNIGHTS2009
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:09 PM

Luaki what was he up too lifting like that.
Fantastic tackle by Tom Briscoe on Fox at end.
TOUCH THE MAGIC OF THE YORK CITY KNIGHTS

Posted Image

Posted Image

YORK CITY KNIGHTS CHAMPIONSHIP 1 PLAY OFF FINAL WINNERS 2010

#7 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:15 PM

sam moa and liam watts was the best..

luaki ?! what is he on?!... half the time im convinced he doesnt actually know the rules.. or has heard someone say "the games different over there" when refering to super league... and he's took it literally!

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#8 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,134 posts

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (EastLondonMike @ Jul 15 2010, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
luaki ?! what is he on?!... half the time im convinced he doesnt actually know the rules.. or has heard someone say "the games different over there" when refering to super league... and he's took it literally!

He's a maniac. There are dirty players, then there are those with a screw loose. O'Meley famously rubs deep heat on his forehead to psych himself up. I think Lauaki must eat the heads of bats and tie their endtrails in his hair. Taz-manian devil.
Lauaki

Taz

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#9 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:36 AM

I think Calderwoods days an an RL player are definitely over - he was nothing short of dire last night.
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#10 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,478 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:39 AM

Balsawood needs a good centre to give him the short walk overs he used to get when playing at Leeds.
Looks like his bottles gone though, his days could be numbered, maybe NL next season.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#11 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:51 AM

QUOTE (terrywebbisgod @ Jul 16 2010, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Balsawood needs a good centre to give him the short walk overs he used to get when playing at Leeds.
Looks like his bottles gone though, his days could be numbered, maybe NL next season.

Serious question - did he ever have any in the first place? The nickname Balsawood was with him before he left Leeds.

I could never knock his effort at Wigan, but he just struck me as a fast bloke stood by the touchline who could catch on occasion but had a shocking lack of ability to read the game, terrible defensive technique and shirked conflict at every opportunity. Most entertaining thing about him was the first game of the season and seeing how much hair he had lost each winter biggrin.gif

Posted Image

oderint dum metuant

#12 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:19 AM

calderwood is a shi'thouse of the highest order, he likes to niggle the opposition and then runs away when they turn on him. he did it in the confed cup final against tonga at widnes a couple of years back, verbally threatened feleti mateo and when feleti walked towards him he ran off like a big tart.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#13 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,478 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:24 AM

QUOTE (giwildgo @ Jul 16 2010, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Serious question - did he ever have any in the first place? The nickname Balsawood was with him before he left Leeds.

I could never knock his effort at Wigan, but he just struck me as a fast bloke stood by the touchline who could catch on occasion but had a shocking lack of ability to read the game, terrible defensive technique and shirked conflict at every opportunity. Most entertaining thing about him was the first game of the season and seeing how much hair he had lost each winter biggrin.gif

When I said his bottle had gone, didn't really mean for his ability to mix it but his ability to take on the opposition, seems to cut inside and run sideways at every opportunity these days.
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#14 saintsbird

saintsbird
  • Coach
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:30 AM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Jul 15 2010, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He's a maniac. There are dirty players, then there are those with a screw loose. O'Meley famously rubs deep heat on his forehead to psych himself up. I think Lauaki must eat the heads of bats and tie their endtrails in his hair. Taz-manian devil.

Nah Taz is a dude. Luaki is an ###### (oh no swear filter!!!)

Edited by saintsbird, 16 July 2010 - 09:31 AM.

Posted Image
Progress live tour 10th June 2011

SOME THINGS IN LIFE YOU LOOK BACK ON & THINK THANK ###### I GOT OUT OF THAT

#15 thepimp007

thepimp007
  • Coach
  • 474 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:56 AM

QUOTE (giwildgo @ Jul 16 2010, 08:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
. Most entertaining thing about him was the first game of the season and seeing how much hair he had lost each winter biggrin.gif

classic!!!!!!!!

#16 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,662 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (terrywebbisgod @ Jul 16 2010, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What's the NL?

Netball League maybe?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#17 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,091 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:33 PM

can't believe calderwood got sin-binned for refusing to fight huh.gif and ben cockayne is a complete thug dry.gif
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#18 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,021 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (saintsbird @ Jul 16 2010, 10:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Luaki is an ######

You would think that after he swatted Leon Pryce off like a fly at Knowsely Rd a few months back. tongue.gif

RyanBailey_2640424.jpg

"Nobody told me there were two teams called Rovers, I thought I'd signed for Fev..."

#19 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,541 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (KNIGHTS2009 @ Jul 15 2010, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Luaki what was he up too lifting like that.
Fantastic tackle by Tom Briscoe on Fox at end.

After it seemed to dawn on Lauaki that you couldn't do that , he set him down so carefully it was comical.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#20 saintsbird

saintsbird
  • Coach
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (Old Frightful @ Jul 16 2010, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You would think that after he swatted Leon Pryce off like a fly at Knowsely Rd a few months back. tongue.gif

Maybe that would be the case but thanks to the fog I missed a lot of unpleasant sights that night. Unfortunately i heard the score biggrin.gif
Posted Image
Progress live tour 10th June 2011

SOME THINGS IN LIFE YOU LOOK BACK ON & THINK THANK ###### I GOT OUT OF THAT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users