Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Quins..

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#21 no13benny

no13benny
  • Coach
  • 820 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:37 PM

By the way, this rumour, source please?
Super League, Championship, the play-offs, Challenge Cup, and World Cup.
Http://www.freewebs.com/sltipping

#22 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,115 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:38 PM

QUOTE (ParisSurtout @ Jul 17 2010, 11:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It won't fly. People would confuse them with another Super League franchise -- Toulouse Olympique --

Without being sarcastic, TO are hardly a household name and as such unlikely to confuse the assorted chimernee sweeps and pickpockets that follow Skolars or Quins.

Me old bamboo

#23 amh

amh
  • 11,085 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE (Jill Halfpenny fan @ Jul 17 2010, 10:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Milton Keynes is still too far from the M62.

They should follow Crusaders example and relocate to Chester or thereabouts. sleep.gif

laugh.gif

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

#24 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (Agbrigg @ Jul 17 2010, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I have heard that quins are to play at least two games at MK Dons next season. Someone else also very close to Red Hall said they will re locate to there.

link please.

#25 Agbrigg

Agbrigg
  • Coach
  • 899 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (The Future is League @ Jul 18 2010, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
link please.

Somtimes these things get out before any official link. I am sure there will be one along shortly biggrin.gif

Anyway like I said it may only be a couple of games for a trial period and may never happen.

#26 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,526 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:52 AM

Personally I think there's more chance of Julian Clary being found in bed with Katie Price than there is of us moving to MK. Oxford might be a different matter, however.

#27 Tre Cool

Tre Cool
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE (MrPosh @ Jul 17 2010, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
MK is a horrible stadium on an industrial park, with virtually no pubs within walking distance.

As a culture, it is about as far from Rugby League's as I can imagine, and I include Twickenham in that.

Rubbish. Its a flawless stadium. On a retail park (not industrial!) like most new stadii. And a short bus ride from the pubs of Bletchley and Fenny Stratford, which are traditional English town areas of MK. It would be the smartist move London RL ever made IF it happens. On the M1, 45 miles nearer the north and a proper local market to sell to.

#28 bangersandmash

bangersandmash
  • Coach
  • 693 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:38 AM

QUOTE (The Future is League @ Jul 17 2010, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There was talk of Quins RL playing at the olympic stadium after the 2012 Olympics, but haven't heard anything of late.
if that did happen they could call themselves London Olympians Rugby League Club. a big plus for Rugby League IMHO which would make more people aware that Rugby League is played in London at the olympic stadium.

It's a nice idea (and I've thought that name would be great previously) but West Ham may move there and with the football season starting ever earlier I think they'd be too much overlap before you even consider rental costs etc. Plus a few of the GP RU clubs have already been sniffing around too.
Posted Image

#29 bangersandmash

bangersandmash
  • Coach
  • 693 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE (Manx RL @ Jul 17 2010, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Games at Stadium MK and Regents Park next year will certainly expose the brand around the south. Can only be a positive for RL.

Regents Park?!?!?!? Tell me more....
Posted Image

#30 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,295 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Tre Cool @ Jul 18 2010, 11:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Rubbish. Its a flawless stadium. On a retail park (not industrial!) like most new stadii. And a short bus ride from the pubs of Bletchley and Fenny Stratford, which are traditional English town areas of MK. It would be the smartist move London RL ever made IF it happens. On the M1, 45 miles nearer the north and a proper local market to sell to.

If it happened, it might be the smartest move Bronquins ever made but you could hardly say the same for London RL. Milton Keynes is not only outside London, it isn't even in the South East.

#31 RLX111

RLX111
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (Northern Sol @ Jul 18 2010, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it happened, it might be the smartest move Bronquins ever made but you could hardly say the same for London RL. Milton Keynes is not only outside London, it isn't even in the South East.

Milton Keynes is in the South East it is only 50 miles from London.

#32 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,031 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (Northern Sol @ Jul 18 2010, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Technically speaking it is, the South East has a strange border that includes the Thames Valley area.

#33 Dean

Dean
  • Coach
  • 1,170 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:24 PM

I would be reluctantly waving goodbye if it ever became a permanent move

#34 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (bangersandmash @ Jul 18 2010, 12:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's a nice idea (and I've thought that name would be great previously) but West Ham may move there and with the football season starting ever earlier I think they'd be too much overlap before you even consider rental costs etc. Plus a few of the GP RU clubs have already been sniffing around too.

if West Ham move in they wont share with a union club as the wont want the pitch carved up, which the union game will do. IF they have share, they would sooner share with a Rugby League club as Rugby League does even less damage to a pitch that Soccer, and a majority of the Rugby League games would be played in the Soccer off season.

#35 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,063 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (The Future is League @ Jul 18 2010, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if West Ham move in they wont share with a union club as the wont want the pitch carved up, which the union game will do. IF they have share, they would sooner share with a Rugby League club as Rugby League does even less damage to a pitch that Soccer, and a majority of the Rugby League games would be played in the Soccer off season.

If West Ham move in they want it keeping/developing into a 55/60000 seater stadium which would make it a waste of time for Quins anyway

#36 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (bobbruce @ Jul 18 2010, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If West Ham move in they want it keeping/developing into a 55/60000 seater stadium which would make it a waste of time for Quins anyway

who knows, perhaps a move to the Olympic stadium might be the catalyst that brings in a lot more supporters to watch Qunins RL, or what ever they will be known as then.

#37 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (The Future is League @ Jul 18 2010, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
who knows, perhaps a move to the Olympic stadium might be the catalyst that brings in a lot more supporters to watch Qunins RL, or what ever they will be known as then.

50,000 more fans??? rolleyes.gif

#38 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,046 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (Pottsy @ Jul 18 2010, 08:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
50,000 more fans??? rolleyes.gif

not overnight, but from little acorns mighty oaks do grow. i think Quins RL as they are known today have possibly one more move to get it right in London. i dont think gates are going to get much better if at all at the Stoop. the options as i see it for them are a move to the olympic stadium after 2012, or a move to a west London soccer staduim. i did live in London for a while a few years back, and i must admit that when the London Bronco's as they were then started playing out of the valley i did think that Rugby League in London would take off, sadly i was wrong.

#39 Millman

Millman
  • Banned
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (Agbrigg @ Jul 17 2010, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I have heard that quins are to play at least two games at MK Dons next season. Someone else also very close to Red Hall said they will re locate to there.

Typical Wakefield fan - taking pride in another club's downwards spiral even though it's on a par with their own.

#40 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (bangersandmash @ Jul 18 2010, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Regents Park?!?!?!? Tell me more....

Only temporary stands in a link up with Saracens, if they can get the right permissions.
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -