Photo
- - - - -

Grand Final: Wigan Warriors v St. Helens

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

Poll: Grand Final: Wigan Warriors v St. Helens (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wigan (27 votes [58.70%])

Percentage of vote: 58.70%

2. St Helens (19 votes [41.30%])

Percentage of vote: 41.30%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 17,060 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:39 PM

Discuss the game here!

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#2 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 9,016 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:28 PM

Wigan to win comfortably I think. Saints have been leaking too many points to trouble Wigan
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#3 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:51 PM

Oooooh! Not sure about this.

It is a derby after all, no matter how insignificant compared to the Big One, cool.gif

This season's form says the Pies will have too much but you can never write off Saints.

Wigan 18 Saints 14.

Or maybe the other way round.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#4 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 04:52 PM

The refereeing will decide this. If Wigan are level on penalties they ought to win. If they are heavily penalised their line defence will be put under too much pressure by Saints' close in attack. I think Wigan's back 5 are very good indeed, and good enough to score mid 20s points.
I am not sure this will be a classic to match Leeds' DW win, but I think the sides are much better matched than when Saints beat us in 2000 (?).

#5 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:20 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Sep 28 2010, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The refereeing will decide this. If Wigan are level on penalties they ought to win. If they are heavily penalised their line defence will be put under too much pressure by Saints' close in attack. I think Wigan's back 5 are very good indeed, and good enough to score mid 20s points.
I am not sure this will be a classic to match Leeds' DW win, but I think the sides are much better matched than when Saints beat us in 2000 (?).

EW, you are Justin Morgan and I etc, etc.

Why on Earth would you think that Wigan might get heavily penalised?

If they overstep the mark, they will deserve being penalised. If they don't, they won't.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#6 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:42 PM

Part of me hopes Bentham gets this game! laugh.gif

Wigan to win for mine.

They seem to be just better.

However I'd be pleased for Mick Potter, Jamie Foster and the other young lads to get a big win under their belts.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#7 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 6,047 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (hindle xiii @ Sep 28 2010, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Part of me hopes Bentham gets this game! laugh.gif

Wigan to win for mine.

They seem to be just better.

However I'd be pleased for Mick Potter, Jamie Foster and the other young lads to get a big win under their belts.

It's Silverwood. biggrin.gif

Edited by Griff9of13, 28 September 2010 - 05:44 PM.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#8 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (Griff9of13 @ Sep 28 2010, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's Silverwood. biggrin.gif

Yorkshire rules! biggrin.gif

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#9 Loiner

Loiner
  • Coach
  • 331 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:18 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Sep 28 2010, 05:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can't see past wigan,there defence against the rhinos was awesome.With saints having no half backs i think they will struggle.You can never write off saints but don't think it will be there day again.

#10 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:24 PM

I wasn't meaning to suggest that Wigan would be undone by unfair refereeing, rather that either indiscipline from the likes of Joel and Coley or our inability to control the speed of the ptb could lead us to be defending our line against v big lads.
Silverwood is a more than decent referee and we don't have the issues with him we seem to have with Bentham.
I would if Bentham had his time again he might wish his record wasn't so bad for Wigan. I appreciate they go for the right man on the day, but if everything else was equal Cummings wouldn't be human if he gave the nod elsewhere than Bentham.
I don't for a moment any ref ever does less than call the game as they see it, and have never blamed a ref for a Wigan defeat. I consider the disciplinary committee to be fair game mind, as they have the benefit of time for reflection.
Anyway, I liked the look of Wigan for pretty much all of the game on Saturday - it was a very complete focussed performance. We look to be fit and firing and if our kicking game achieves parity we should be well placed. I think Sam at 1 works brilliantly when Deacs is 7, as he can do as he pleases.

So excited about this game. Good luck to Saints, they will be worthy champions if they prevail, having a fair bit of adversity not so much in the number of injuries so much as their concentration in the halves. .

#11 steef

steef
  • Coach
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:28 PM

Saints by 8 points for me, their attack is better than Leeds' and they are much more experienced in Grand Finals than wigan are. I expect Cunningham to play out of his skin and i think They have the edge in the kicking game.
"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook....156268557729980

#12 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE (Exiled Wiganer @ Sep 28 2010, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wasn't meaning to suggest that Wigan would be undone by unfair refereeing, rather that either indiscipline from the likes of Joel and Coley or our inability to control the speed of the ptb could lead us to be defending our line against v big lads.
Silverwood is a more than decent referee and we don't have the issues with him we seem to have with Bentham.
I would if Bentham had his time again he might wish his record wasn't so bad for Wigan. I appreciate they go for the right man on the day, but if everything else was equal Cummings wouldn't be human if he gave the nod elsewhere than Bentham.
I don't for a moment any ref ever does less than call the game as they see it, and have never blamed a ref for a Wigan defeat. I consider the disciplinary committee to be fair game mind, as they have the benefit of time for reflection.
Anyway, I liked the look of Wigan for pretty much all of the game on Saturday - it was a very complete focussed performance. We look to be fit and firing and if our kicking game achieves parity we should be well placed. I think Sam at 1 works brilliantly when Deacs is 7, as he can do as he pleases.

So excited about this game. Good luck to Saints, they will be worthy champions if they prevail, having a fair bit of adversity not so much in the number of injuries so much as their concentration in the halves. .

That's a bit more like the real EW. wink.gif

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

#13 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:40 PM

Saints by 15
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#14 Chairman M

Chairman M
  • Coach
  • 11,823 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:51 PM

Could be a stormer of a game. Wigans defence has been superb but if any team can crack it then it's Saints.

St Helens 22-18 Wigan. Match winning try by KC about three feet to the right of the posts. biggrin.gif Oh, from about two yards out. smile.gif

Edited by Chairman M, 28 September 2010 - 06:52 PM.

Leicester Saint

#15 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:53 PM

Wigan 76 - Saints 0

#16 saintsbird

saintsbird
  • Coach
  • 5,486 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:55 PM

Really dont know how its going to go. part of me hopes its a great game for the record books & neutrals but on the other hand I cant cope with a close one wacko.gif

I hope the boys do it for KC. Here's hoping

Come on you Saints
Posted Image
Progress live tour 10th June 2011

SOME THINGS IN LIFE YOU LOOK BACK ON & THINK THANK ###### I GOT OUT OF THAT

#17 Wilderspoolmemories

Wilderspoolmemories
  • Coach
  • 751 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:01 PM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Sep 28 2010, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wigan 76 - Saints 0

A pint of what he's drinking please landlord! biggrin.gif
2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16
2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6
2011 League Leaders Shield Winners
2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

#18 Hannibal

Hannibal
  • Coach
  • 11,790 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (Wilderspoolmemories @ Sep 28 2010, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A pint of what he's drinking please landlord! biggrin.gif

I'm drinking a beverage that is best served cold, it's called "Pie-Eaters Revenge"

#19 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,592 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:07 PM

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Sep 28 2010, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm drinking a beverage that is best served cold, it's called "Pie-Eaters Revenge"

Sounds like a Wigan version of the trots laugh.gif
Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#20 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,157 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (terrywebbisgod @ Sep 28 2010, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds like a Wigan version of the trots laugh.gif

laugh.gif

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users