Football

Did someone at The Times only just get around to reading the press coverage from the day after?

The press reports that I saw said that his father was a director, not the main shareholder.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

The press reports that I saw said that his father was a director, not the main shareholder.

I may be confusing it with twitter links though as people seemed to very quickly identify who the boy was, who his parents were and that he'd planned to do something to annoy Chelsea.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I think I might consider cheating in a game of football if the correct result was worth a million quid to my Mam and Dad.

Obviously, after due consideration, I'd have to refuse to cheat. That's just a minor example of the difference between Bluebirds fans and Jacks.

;):D

I think I might consider cheating in a game of football if the correct result was worth a million quid to my Mam and Dad.

Obviously, after due consideration, I'd have to refuse to cheat. That's just a minor example of the difference between Bluebirds fans and Jacks.

;):D

Hang on, you're a Bluebird?  I thought you were from Newport?

FFS, no wonder you don't want to go back home.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Hull City v Cardiff is live on Sky next week. Great stuff, should be an entertaining afternoon in the pub watching the locals end up disappointed

Edited by Old Frightful
With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

I'm from Pontypool and had a season ticket for the mighty Pontypool RFC. For years in the pre-professional era, Newport RUFC cherry-picked from the valley teams, offering jobs and a better chance of a Welsh cap as inducements. Cardiff and Swansea did exactly the same.

I quite like the town of Newport but, for most sports, no Pooler man would traditionally support any team with Newport in the title. At school, the valley boys supported Cardiff, the Cwmbran boys supported Newport. The exemption was Newport Wasps, because they were the only speedway team (I think) in Wales.

That's why I like to see the Newport Gwent Dragons finish bottom of the Welsh RU regions in the Celtic League.

I'm from Pontypool and had a season ticket for the mighty Pontypool RFC. For years in the pre-professional era, Newport RUFC cherry-picked from the valley teams, offering jobs and a better chance of a Welsh cap as inducements. Cardiff and Swansea did exactly the same.

I quite like the town of Newport but, for most sports, no Pooler man would traditionally support any team with Newport in the title. At school, the valley boys supported Cardiff, the Cwmbran boys supported Newport. The exemption was Newport Wasps, because they were the only speedway team (I think) in Wales.

That's why I like to see the Newport Gwent Dragons finish bottom of the Welsh RU regions in the Celtic League.

Fair enough.

I think you're right. Spurs are reportedly the world's thirteenth-richest club, and therefore are not short of a few bob. Despite this,  the Spurs board have always been prepared to sell their best players if the price is right. 

http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/the-worlds-top-20-richest-football-clubs/a653393#i=13

Apparently, the club are willing to double his wages to £150,000 per week "just to keep him". In fact, that would also boost any calculated transfer fee whilst leaving him on lower money than 8 other Premiership players.

http://hamrofootball.com/2013/02/11/highest-paid-footballers-in-the-premier-league/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2289308/Tottenham-ready-offer-Gareth-Bale-40m-stay-White-Hart-Lane--EXCLUSIVE.html

A cynical observer might think that by raising his wage by £75,000 per week, and thus boosting his transfer value by (say) £10million, the club could sell him before the September transfer deadline for an extra £10million for a net additional outlay of £1.5million.

New Bentleys all round in the boardroom?

Jeez thats serious money we are talking here.

Praying that he stays but still reckon a lack of Champions League action will be a deciding factor.

Just have a feeling we could see Bale going one way and Modric plus money to Spurs.

Assuming of course Levi hasnt browned "Modders" off over the previous transfer shannanigans.

Hull City v Cardiff is live on Sky next week. Great stuff, should be an entertaining afternoon in the pub watching the locals end up disappointed

Just don't run around Cross Keys with your shirt over head if Cardiff score.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Just don't run around Cross Keys with your shirt over head if Cardiff score.

What if I take my garden roller in?

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

For the Manchester United fan who has (almost) everything! Also check out the customer reviews and the 'Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed' section. :D

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bradford City are in the fourth division playoffs tonight.

I wouldn't be too disappointed if they won.

God, I must be going soft in my old age.

Bradford City are in the fourth division playoffs tonight.

I wouldn't be too disappointed if they won.

God, I must be going soft in my old age.

I almost never watch soccer, and watching this game reminds me why not. This is truly dire stuff, do people pay good money for this? Twenty minutes gone and the ball's been in the air for nineteen of them.

And when they found our shadows

Grouped around the TV sets

They ran down every lead

They repeated every test

They checked out all the data on their lists

And then the alien anthropologists

Admitted they were still perplexed

But on eliminating every other reason

For our sad demise

They logged the only explanation left

This species has amused itself to death

No tears to cry no feelings left