Football

Yes it is amazing how organised they are and how they run for each other. I think they must be one of the best ever examples of football as a team game and how players need to compliment each other.

Also it shows what belief can do.

And just as this season has played out.... Whilst Leicester maintain their form.... One after another, teams that should be challenging for the title conspire to screw up...

One more win for the most unlikely champions ever

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I caught a glancing sight of the latest score in the Chelsea game and I'm now listening to Radio 5 Live and I'm really into the Leicester spirit now :D

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

A pretty foul-tempered match at Stamford bridge tonight, but as it stands, Leicester are champions!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

And that's it! Leicester's first ever championship confirmed! What a refreshingly unexpected season.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

And that's it! Leicester's first ever championship confirmed! What a refreshingly unexpected season.

And they'll be dancing in the streets of Leicester tonight :D

As a long-avowed football critic I've thoroughly enjoyed Leicester's run this season and Ranieri especially

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Just watched Chelsea v Spurs on MoTD.  I'm not sure I got the right sport though, stamping, gouging, cynical off-the-ball hits.

Just watched Chelsea v Spurs on MoTD.  I'm not sure I got the right sport though, stamping, gouging, cynical off-the-ball hits.

I know what you mean. it looked... almost Corinthian.  :ph34r:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Away from the fairytales ... the reality: Club who reach Wembley final will, at best, break even on the occasion: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/wembley-weighs-down-halifax-with-extra-bill-1-7890986

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

There's potential for another 'fairytale' on Saturday when Accrington Stanley play Stevenage at home. A win will see Stanley promoted which will be a remarkable achievement for the smallest club in the professional leagues.

Our average is only around 1500 and with so many bigger clubs in league 2 eg Portsmouth to assemble a squad capable of being promoted is a massive endorsement of the players, coaching staff and directors.

I have a season ticket for Stanley and I'm starting to get really nervous as the game approaches.

The%20Warriors%2060.jpg

There's potential for another 'fairytale' on Saturday when Accrington Stanley play Stevenage at home. A win will see Stanley promoted which will be a remarkable achievement for the smallest club in the professional leagues.

Our average is only around 1500 and with so many bigger clubs in league 2 eg Portsmouth to assemble a squad capable of being promoted is a massive endorsement of the players, coaching staff and directors.

I have a season ticket for Stanley and I'm starting to get really nervous as the game approaches.

Accrington Stanley? Who are they?

Away from the fairytales ... the reality: Club who reach Wembley final will, at best, break even on the occasion: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/wembley-weighs-down-halifax-with-extra-bill-1-7890986

It was a pity they were relegated. A lot of fans were hoping they would survive instead of Guiseley after the behaviour of their management following that "goal".

I was going to start a new thread about Scottish football crowds (or lack of them) , but I thought I would post on here.

Celtics match on Sunday was watched by 47,877

The rest of the Premiership drew 33,952 in total, that's 13,925 less than Celtic, ranging from Hearts 15438, down to Inverness Cali's 3587, how do they survive? Just on the visit of the Glasgow giants?

Edited by Bleep1673

I was going to start a new thread about Scottish football crowds (or lack of them) , but I thought I would post on here.

The rest of the Premiership drew 33,952 in total, that's 13,925 less than Celtic, ranging from Hearts 15438, down to Inverness Cali's 3587, how do they survive? Just on the visit of the Glasgow giants?

If this is accurate, their TV deal doesn't look like it's enough to sustain much: http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13204244.State_of_Scottish_Football__Does_the_TV_deal_represent_value_for_money_/

A total of just £15 million (between Sky, BT and the BBC) for a season of 86 matches?

Ralph Waldo Emerson

I don t think Rangers and Celtic generate the crowds away from home that they used to.Watching say Motherwell v Celtic on TV the ground looks half empty instead of two thirds empty.

I don t think Rangers and Celtic generate the crowds away from home that they used to.Watching say Motherwell v Celtic on TV the ground looks half empty instead of two thirds empty.

I think that's right. And I think it's pretty much always been the case that if you add up the rest of the league you won't equal whichever of the gruesome twosome was at home.

That said, the passion you got from the fans who were there really took some beating. Always enjoyed going to Scottish football.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

This season has been taken up (quite rightly) by leicester's amazing season.

But 'also mentioned in dispatches' should be Bournemouth's fantastic effort to retain premier league status at their 1st attempt when most had them down for the drop.

Then in league one.... there's Barnsley...

After 20 games they were rock bottom and in a club record run of 9 successive defeats.....

If anyone then had said they would have made the play offs AND already won at wembley, their suggestion would have been regarded as bonkers!!!

Fair play t'reds

Edited by Robin Evans

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

What a t*ss*r Sullivan is! The Sky footage looks like an NF or EDL rally.It looks more than 'a few' people throwing missiles at the bus.But West Ham are 'a family club' and because they are 'best fans in the world'(after Liverpool of course) so should not be criticised.

It was disappointing on Saturday. I felt sorry for the fans.

Do you think you will win the play offs? I hope you go up.

Edited by Niels