Bulldog Inbound = Joe taira

Batley Bob

We would have gone after him until we heard he's had knee reconstruction. And injury prone, which is not surprising he's a big lad who plays hard, he was the stand out man in the Rochdale team when we played them at their place earlier in the season. If it pays off its a great result, if it doesn't.. Well. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, coolie said:

We would have gone after him until we heard he's had knee reconstruction. And injury prone, which is not surprising he's a big lad who plays hard, he was the stand out man in the Rochdale team when we played them at their place earlier in the season. If it pays off its a great result, if it doesn't.. Well. 

In a game as tough as this, isn't that the case with all signings. I remember Robinson getting injured on his first run on Boxing day against you. 

As ever we will have to make do with your rejects, cast-offs and players you don't want! 

40 minutes ago, coolie said:

You make it sound as though we have signed the 6 million dollar man , Steve austin

IMG_0583.JPG

1 hour ago, Batley Bob said:

You make it sound as though we have signed the 6 million dollar man , Steve austin

could a been worse with maybe charlie martin............ and they think we have a problem..:punish:

4 hours ago, 9' oller said:

Cant beat this year's bob. Quintissential gallant youths strip. Brett has his work cut out if were staying with ravensport.

Welcome aboard joe. Wonder if he is as tough as our last "joe wozza nose berry"

That's a blast from the past. Joe Berry gave us great service as well. A very popular player. This Joe is different. A typical Fijian who never takes a backward step. Very aggressive to the point of getting a reputation with the officials and to the detriment of his own wellbeing. He played at the end of the season with heavy strapping on his knee but always put his hand up to play, especially at the tail end of the season when his contribution helped us stay in the division. He actually ran out limping at the start of the game !

Good luck at Batley Joe, I don't think we've seen the last of him in Hornets colours though.

2 hours ago, silverback said:

could a been worse with maybe charlie martin............ and they think we have a problem..:punish:

You seem to bring Charlie Martin’s name up quite often,it’s becoming obsessive now. All players that sign for the Rams start with a clean slate as far as I’m concerned,plus Lee Greenwood comes across like a coach that won’t take any sh ite,we’ll see. 

55 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

You seem to bring Charlie Martin’s name up quite often,it’s becoming obsessive now. All players that sign for the Rams start with a clean slate as far as I’m concerned,plus Lee Greenwood comes across like a coach that won’t take any sh ite,we’ll see. 

i bet you will mention him a few times once hes blended in a bit,he really did live in some kind a dream world while he was with us and a legend in his own mind..cracking water boy thou so yer sorted.:read:

I'm very pleased with the signings.

I must admit, I wasn't convinced we would be able to better last season's squad. But on paper at least, I think we have. I am really excited by the signings. We look to have genuine pace and skill throughout the backline and no shortage of grunt up front! 

Can't wait for the season tickets to go on sale.

Roll on boxing day.

1 hour ago, DOGFATHER said:

I must admit, I wasn't convinced we would be able to better last season's squad. But on paper at least, I think we have. I am really excited by the signings. We look to have genuine pace and skill throughout the backline and no shortage of grunt up front! 

Roll on boxing day.

Me too

IMG_0583.JPG

1 hour ago, DOGFATHER said:

Roll on boxing day.

We’re in danger of all agreeing on here - so far the squad is looking good for next year.

11 hours ago, phildog said:

Another big lad Tyler Dickinson let go by Giants.....

Where do you think he will go?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 minute ago, Eric Bristow said:

Halifax or Featherstone. 

Possibly Leigh ,but then again the money issues at some clubs haven't been resolved yet I am led to believe. So may be a waiting game.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

45 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Where do you think he will go?

There's the rub, despite the shortage of players, I can't help thinking we are moving towards a buyers market. There are lots of players released by teams like Leigh, Featherstone and Toronto but no takers for them. The teams that can afford them, already have better players. The teams who do want them can't afford them. 

It will be interesting to see how it pans out. Which players will take a pay cut and which clubs overstretch to land better players.

Rumour is fax asking players to take a pay cut again due to not knowing the budgets past 2019...  Leigh will struggle to make the 2019 season players won't be full time and players with a contract are taking them to court 

I'd be looking at Jordan Baldwinson at Wakey or big Jack  ormondroyd  from Leeds on loan maybe 

3 hours ago, Eric Bristow said:

Because they'll probably offer him more spondoolicks and maybe a full time deal? 

Why would they offer more spondoolicks than the Dogs? I would think there are more income streams at the Mount than the Shay.

On 10/25/2018 at 12:51 PM, silverback said:

He's signed for.......Dewsbury

2 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Rumour is fax asking players to take a pay cut again due to not knowing the budgets past 2019...  Leigh will struggle to make the 2019 season players won't be full time and players with a contract are taking them to court 

I'd be looking at Jordan Baldwinson at Wakey or big Jack  ormondroyd  from Leeds on loan maybe 

Are Fev asking players the same ??....take a cut!!!

1 minute ago, colinb said:

Not that I've heard, but they did move some high earners out so have dropped their playing budget considerably.

As was mentioned previously, anfd even LE are waking up to this now, there are a lot of players who are surplus to requirements looking for contracts way higher than clubs are prepared to offer. I reckon that the majority of these clubs will be holding their nerve, because they can't realistically afford to do anything else.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

37 minutes ago, colinb said:

I've heard rumours, but that is all they are, that Fev have asked players to take a 25% pay cut. Whether that is true, or if it applies to such as Harrison and Day or just to previously contracted players is anyones guess.

I've also heard that Campbell is wanting the approx £1.5M he has loaned Fev back, but is not going to be charging them interest. 

Again, it is probably just rumour. Maybe somebody looking at the land deal at Fev and adding 2+2 and coming up with 5.

Archived