22 Jul: SL: Wigan Warriors v St Helens KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Draw
    • St Helens

Discuss Wigan Warriors v St Helens here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have Wigan got any players available?  ;)

They'll be looking for a win to keep near the top of the league but I fancy Saints may really have a go tomorrow night.

Think the Pies may just edge it though.

Wigoon 18 Skints 16.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

The age old battles of good versus evil, black versus white, beauty versus ugliness, man versus savage, sunshine versus darkness, cops versus robbers, O'Loughlin versus Annakin, Tautai versus Cuthbertson, Charnley versus defenceless puny Referee.

Come on you Saints. :clapping:

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

The age old battles of good versus evil, black versus white, beauty versus ugliness, man versus savage, sunshine versus darkness, cops versus robbers, O'Loughlin versus Annakin, Tautai versus Cuthbertson, Charnley versus defenceless puny Referee.

Come on you Saints. :clapping:

You forgot Bateman versus Mossop.

Have Wigan got any players available?  ;)

No, haven't you heard, Wigan are decimated by injuries and suspensions. They're playing 17 brave young kids and a victory would be truly remarkable, a great testament to the hard work, dedication and skill of everyone at the club in the face of such adversity ;)

See even I could be Phil Clarke's script writer !

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

There is some about of bitterness toward Wigan on this forum.  Only two of the 6 posts actually gave a prediction - the others were just people having a go at us.  

What's that about?

Oh, and look, i'm not even giving a prediction myself - it must be catching...

CHERRY & WHITE

IT'S IN OUR BLOOD

ANCIENT AND LOYAL

UNTIL WE DIE!

There is some about of bitterness toward Wigan on this forum. Only two of the 6 posts actually gave a prediction - the others were just people having a go at us.

What's that about?

Ooooh, ooooh, I was one of the ones who gave a prediction and I didn't have a pop at Wigan, can I have a gold star pleeeease?

(Well done on your acceptance to the WDL by the way)

You forgot Bateman versus Mossop.

You didn't have a pop at Wigan...?   :drag:

It's not even that i'm defending them Frightful - i just fail to see why so many topics on here are hijacked by the anti-Wigan brigade, and inevitably descend in to childish name calling.

CHERRY & WHITE

IT'S IN OUR BLOOD

ANCIENT AND LOYAL

UNTIL WE DIE!

Come on, it's the WBC not the AWB.

The paramilitary wing of the WBC?

I thought it stood for Accustomed Wane Bleating.

The AWB only seem to post on threads that involve Wigan.

Come on TWIG I don't want to have to pick up the pieces.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Come on TWIG I don't want to have to pick up the pieces.

Spoilsport, it was fun last time, let's go round again.

It's a very interesting couple of weeks for us. I think we are better than Saints but not good enough to make either of the big finals. That said, we have an astonishingly bad record in the second Derby of the year - almost the converse of our Good Froday dominance.

Would it be too much of a cliche to suggest that form goes out of the window? I hope for the best, but fear we may come second. One interesting conundrum will be where to play Sutton now Bateman is back. He has been superb in our v surprising recent run of victories as a second row. With Crosby for and FPN presumably fitter maybe he could stay there and Lockers play in the middle.

Not one for the faint hearted.

I predict a riot.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

It's a very interesting couple of weeks for us. I think we are better than Saints but not good enough to make either of the big finals. That said, we have an astonishingly bad record in the second Derby of the year - almost the converse of our Good Froday dominance.

Would it be too much of a cliche to suggest that form goes out of the window? I hope for the best, but fear we may come second. One interesting conundrum will be where to play Sutton now Bateman is back. He has been superb in our v surprising recent run of victories as a second row. With Crosby for and FPN presumably fitter maybe he could stay there and Lockers play in the middle.

Not one for the faint hearted.

I think the opposite. I think Wigan are the form team and have a confident, fit group, despite injuries. Very impressed with Sutton.

Will be close. A draw would be nice.

There is some about of bitterness toward Wigan on this forum.  Only two of the 6 posts actually gave a prediction - the others were just people having a go at us.  

What's that about?

We all hate Wigan, it's traditional.

I predict a riot.

On here or at the game?

Surely not on here. What could there possibly be a riot about. I expect posters to display their usual fair minded repect for the two teams, their players, their coaches, the officials and the disciplinary panel. I may expect it, though I don't really hold out much hope. Tee bloody hee!

Oh, yes, and a Saints victory..unless Smith actually has a good game for once.

According to the Wigan Twitter account, thousands of Frank Paul masks have been left under seats at the ground so it should be quite surreal if most fans wear them during the game. I bet Eddie and Stevo are gutted there's no Sam Tomkins masks available.

https://twitter.com/WiganWarriorsRL

Of course this could be a ploy so that if Saints are winning towards the end, the fans can prop them up on the seats to make it appear the Wigan walk hasn't actually taken place.

My bet is that Padge's mask will have disappeared by the time he turns up.

I notice that Martin Opieah will be in attendance tonight, although clearly not having his finger on the pulse he's hoping for hat tricks from Charnley and Manfredi.

I notice that Martin Opieah will be in attendance tonight, although clearly not having his finger on the pulse he's hoping for hat tricks from Charnley and Manfredi.

I wouldn't rule anything out, plenty of time for an appeal / back-tracking from the RFL / Wigan just to ignore the ban and send Charnley on anyway.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Archived