Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Spent yesterday installing Windows Server 2008 (which is free to academic staff) and configuring it so it is a Vista workstation. Works brilliantly and the whole Vista experience isn't as bad as its made out to be (once you disable the UAC).

Fides invicta triumphat

Spent yesterday installing Windows Server 2008 (which is free to academic staff) and configuring it so it is a Vista workstation. Works brilliantly and the whole Vista experience isn't as bad as its made out to be (once you disable the UAC).

I know a lot of techies who use Server 2008 as a client as it's essentially Vista without the bloat such as DRM.

I leave UAC on but with my account as an admin. Means I get the ease of running as an admin but with a simplified UAC approval to stop daft things running without permission.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Went to the gym earlier and was horrified to learn that I now weigh more than 89 kgs :O . Too much festive food methinks. A few of the Sedgeley Park and Swinton Lions players were there as well, I felt quite inadequate. :(

Fides invicta triumphat

A few of the Sedgeley Park and Swinton Lions players were there as well, I felt quite inadequate. :(

You shouldn't have shared that shower with them.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I had a very good night last night. Sexy, interesting, if not slightly bonkers company, great meal... :)

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

have we had the decorators in again ?

That was over for me on Monday, so all is calm again and I am approachable once more. :D

Next weekend I will finish decorating my bedroom, which is only half finished. :happy:

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

For the first time in my life I was truly scared yesterday. (Fault developed on steering on car while driving on M40 to put it mildy)

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

There's a crate of Delirium Tremens in our hall.

Sadly it's not ours.

Gutted! I love that stuff.

:blink:

With fava beans and a nice chianti?

No - went to San Luca. I've not been for a while and it was fab as always. :)

As an eleven year old child, I shot a baby elephant.

Oh no! Why? :(

For the first time in my life I was truly scared yesterday. (Fault developed on steering on car while driving on M40 to put it mildy)

That sounds pants!

There was me moaning to myself today that the car has been out of my hands a fortnight and he's filled it with those bloody annoying air freshners that make me want to be sick. I thought that was a woman's trick, but clearly not. The tracking is out too. :dry:

I have nothing to moan about though really now you've put it in perspective.

Gutted! I love that stuff.

So do I. It's getting harder and harder to ignore it.

No - went to San Luca. I've not been for a while and it was fab as always. :)

I haven't been there since it was the Ferryboat Inn. :)

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

So do I. It's getting harder and harder to ignore it.

I haven't been there since it was the Ferryboat Inn. :)

It's lovely. Great food, fab service. You should take the missus/mistress. :D