Uninteresting Trivial Facts

this time tomorrow will be in heaven. 17yrs waiting to see 5 lush men back together.....excited is NOT the word :excl:

My mates went last week. It is a sad state of affairs when intelligent women in their thirties go gaga over an entertainment act aimed at children. It's no wonder that shows such as Xfactor and britains got talent are so successful if this is what passes as music these days.

Anyway, I'm turning into an old fart. Have a great time. :D

Fides invicta triumphat

The little girl under my right arm in the red vee in my sig gets married to day.

awh bless, to say there'll be an need for a plentiful supply of hankies for you would be an under statement...proud dad I bet

Hope you all have a lovely day x

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

The little girl under my right arm in the red vee in my sig gets married to day.

:wub: Hope you all have a great day. Best wishes to both of them xx

In the blink of an eye it could all be taken away.  Be grateful always.

Well that went well,all I've heard about is how bad the weather was on Saturday never a dro round us from 10:00 till sometime after three a m Sunday

And so the future begins...

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from a morning at a middle-class jumble sale where I was pack-donkey and bill-payer for the wife. Boden clearance sale. ##### awful experience of a huge hall full of 30- and 40-something Henriettas with sharp elbows and little tolerance for anyone in their way.

Never again.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

That's it. Done. Just submitted my last invoice for a five month bit of work that involved 16 hour plus days over that time. Thank feck for the last of getting up at 5:15an and home at 8pm on a good night.

Outstanding challenge and excellent people, just a nightmare of a task doing the impossible for business people who don't understand that you can't just snap your fingers and expect countries with third world IT infrastructures to have the same responsiveness as central London.

The forum trolls might not appreciate it but I'm going to be spending a good bit of time getting back into the forum again :)

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

......expect countries with third world IT infrastructures to have the same responsiveness as central London.....

There's a difference? My offices are only just outside the M25, there seems to be an exponential drop off in quality of IT the further you get from central London it would seem!!!

There's a difference? My offices are only just outside the M25, there seems to be an exponential drop off in quality of IT the further you get from central London it would seem!!!

I ordered two 4mbps network links in one "challenged" country, this came to over £200,000 per year plus the install charges and a delivery attitude of "it'll be ready when it's ready". The more you pressure them to give a delivery date, the less likely they are to turn up for work the next day.

Even the UK's worst infrastructure companies aren't that poor...

I ordered two 4mbps network links in one "challenged" country, this came to over £200,000 per year plus the install charges and a delivery attitude of "it'll be ready when it's ready". The more you pressure them to give a delivery date, the less likely they are to turn up for work the next day.

Even the UK's worst infrastructure companies aren't that poor...

I'm not convinced the "challenged" nations help themselves, we shipped around £300k of microwave equipment into a central African nation to provide backhauls for mobile comms and broadband which took over 6 months to clear customs because the local customs decided they had their own shipping documents that needed to accompany the goods. I found this out after the equipment had been sat on the dockside for a month. There may have been a local "adminstration charge" to be paid in cash as well, I didn't get involved in that bit.

i started the original unintersting trivial facts thread some time ago on the old forums, back then i was first of the gang to die, the first post was "my next door neighbour is called brian" well hes moved now and now hes called neil!

It would normally have been sufficient to just move house. Why did he feel the need to change his name as well?

Ah, just thought ... Deed Poll Tax.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

number four grandaughter got christened earlier today..............well it would be earlier wouldn't it. not like churches are 7-11's

Caught by a feckin speed camera. try these I did and it saved me a heap o money and penalty points.

I just trimmed my beard for the first time in three weeks.

I have a mental image of Ben Gunn from 'Treasure Island'.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have a mental image of Ben Gunn from 'Treasure Island'.

Not quite :D The moustache bit was becoming a bit of a soup-strainer though...

I've just got Windows Live Mesh working on my Mac acting as a live sync between my Mac, my home PC and my file server. It's one of those rare Microsoft gems that actually works properly, is simple to use and, best of all, is completely free.

I was driving to Rotherham today and, on the opposite northbound carriageway, a wagon had run off the road and caught fire. I don't know what it was carrying but it also set several trees on fire.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police