Uninteresting Trivial Facts

Even though I've never bought or owned an album by them, whenever I hear their music I can't help but think how many brilliant songs the Manic Street Preachers have.

I think they're a bunch of awful whining bastards and I think you do too.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I think they're a bunch of awful whining bastards and I think you do too.

How come #### doesn't set off the sweary filter?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Today I had my first afternoon nap in many months.  A heavy lunchtime meal plus 3 pints knocked it out of me for some reason.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

How come #### doesn't set off the sweary filter?

I was going to suggest it's because it's a type of file but Wolford6 has far better reasoning than I.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I don't want to start a thread on this, but this is great, really great - only for UK viewers

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25197681

Can you imagine this at a rugby league game?

Wow! 26,000 of them!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

There's something mildly amusing about posting generic accusations of people being irrationally paranoid when there's two sides to a story.  Neither side knows if you're referring to them and none really want to challenge the accusation in case they get an "I wasn't talking about you but now you mention it..." reply.

Does that count as trolling? :P

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

A productive day so far.  I've:

- completed my company's Partnership Tax Return

- completed both mine and my wife's annual tax returns

- paid the usurious amount HMRC said we owe, including the "advance" on the next year's return

- completed my company's Annual Return (the online service makes this a 2 minute job these days)

- finished the first draft of my company's annual accounts.

A productive day so far.  I've:

- completed my company's Partnership Tax Return

- completed both mine and my wife's annual tax returns

- paid the usurious amount HMRC said we owe, including the "advance" on the next year's return

- completed my company's Annual Return (the online service makes this a 2 minute job these days)

- finished the first draft of my company's annual accounts.

That's exactly the same as eating all your advent calendar in one go.

You can have too much of a good thing.

I really need a Christmas break. I came back from LA with jet lag and man-flu yet I am straight back to work. I need some time off.

Oh, and if I have one more call with our Russian team I am going to scream down the phone at them. How they hell they ever get anything done with the level of bureaucracy in their country is beyond me....and they keep changing the rules and somehow expect me to know about this by osmosis. 

I am currently swooning over the Tunisian women's handball team.

Is that the lot that got the restraining order against you?

That was Norway

Ah, understandable.  I'd be surprised if they've not got a lawyer on retainer who can slap restraining orders on slobbering men at short notice...

The Lib Dems are at 8% in the latest ComRes opinion poll.  I think that almost guarantees their relegation to uninteresting and trivial.