Uninteresting Trivial Facts

On 28/12/2020 at 15:51, Bleep1673 said:

Interesting fact: it was meant to be a Saharan type desert, but it was a freezing cold March for filming.

and carry on abroad was filmed in pinewood studios car park with tons of sand tipped in it 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

Old Kent Road is the only square on a standard UK edition Monopoly board that is situated South of the River Thames.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

during the holidays after indulging the day before i bought some "andrews liver salts" after using them a couple of times i thought they were no where near as fizzy as they used to be years ago, has anyone else used them recently and thought the same?

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Bleep1673 said:

I have the Manchester Version of Monopoly, so I wouldn't know, or care

Which is the only square where it isn't raining? :kolobok_wink:

• Haha 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

In November it is my daughters birthday, and I Have listed most of the resteraunts in Hastings and matched them alphabetically with the spaces on my Monopoly board, in mid-October we play a game of Monopoly, and which ever property is last to be sold, that matching reseraunt is the one we eat in for her birthday, didn't work last year though, as they were closed.

21 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

In November it is my daughters birthday, and I Have listed most of the resteraunts in Hastings and matched them alphabetically with the spaces on my Monopoly board, in mid-October we play a game of Monopoly, and which ever property is last to be sold, that matching reseraunt is the one we eat in for her birthday, didn't work last year though, as they were closed.

That's a brilliant idea! I hope you "accidentally" omit the bad restaurants before starting the game.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

21 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Nope, included the bad ones, but made sure we bought the property early.

Ah, so it's like real Monopoly so you don't have to buy whatever you land on. Fair enough - you don't want to end up at the greasy spoon every year.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Ah, so it's like real Monopoly so you don't have to buy whatever you land on. Fair enough - you don't want to end up at the greasy spoon every year.

We generally exclude the previous years winner, so we end up somewhere different each year. When I was dating a woman in London we were sick of the Work-Pub-Home cycle, that most Londoners get into the rythm of, so we bought the Time Out Guide to London Restaurants, and use to chose one at random on a Wednesday, and book (or try too) a table for Friday night, we had some very good meals, in places really off the map, so to speak.

• 1 month later...

Given that the contactless payment limit has now been raised to £100, I reckoned it was time to buy a wallet with RF shielding. I found one at a decent price, with the right number of card slots etc.

What I didn't clock immediately, but which is actually rather nice, is the wallet-maker's logo. Reggae fans will know...

71zWqRwck-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Bleep1673 said:

Trojan

Yes, even though the wallet's brand name is Powr. I like it, even though the location of the shielded card slots mean my plastic is on the opposite side from my previous wallet. I'll get used to it soon enough.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

• 5 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

He was actually Turkish.

Also that red and white flag is the ensign of Genoa in Italy adopted by crusaders as they headed to Jerusalem.

England’s real history is lost.

Apart from all that - enjoy!

He only said happy St. George’s Day . I mean come on