Can Rugby League afford another Leeds v Saints Grand Final?

Wendall

Personally I think we are gonna get a 4th Grand Final on the bounce between Saints and Leeds.

Saints will just have too much class for Hudds and Wigan will probably bottle it again against Leeds I think.

If this happens I think RL will be the loser, we desperately need a fresh team in the final to help keep the event interesting.

It pains me to say it but I will be rooting for the Pie Eaters on Saturday to beat Leeds. A Saints v Wigan final would be a great final, the two derby rivals and we would fill OT to the rafters.

Another re-run of Saints and Leeds doesn't interest me.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a surprise this thread is, Wire get knocked out?

My only shock was i expected it last night

Old Trafford will sell out no matter whose there

I hope its us and Leeds personally but cant see it.

Any combination of the 4 left will be a cracking game

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Personally I think we are gonna get a 4th Grand Final on the bounce between Saints and Leeds.

Saints will just have too much class for Hudds and Wigan will probably bottle it again against Leeds I think.

If this happens I think RL will be the loser, we desperately need a fresh team in the final to help keep the event interesting.

It pains me to say it but I will be rooting for the Pie Eaters on Saturday to beat Leeds. A Saints v Wigan final would be a great final, the two derby rivals and we would fill OT to the rafters.

We do definitely need a new final.

I'd watch Wigan-Saints because I'd be interested in who won.

I'd watch Saints-Leeds out of loyalty to RL.

You're out.

Get over it.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

You not bothering if Hudds make it then?

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

I would be tempted to go to Old Trafford as a neutral to watch Wigan v Saints, but no way will I bother if its another Saints v Leeds final.

Like the NRL they rarely get teams reaching back to back finals and always have a new face every season it seems.

Can Rugby League afford another Leeds v Saints Grand Final?
I'm pretty sure;

the NRL Grand Final the following day will still take place,

my pledge for the Bulls will still count,

England will still take a squad Down Under to take on Australia, New Zealand and Papua New Guinea,

little kids will still get games called off and play in freezing conditions over the winter

the star-crossed lovers of Kenny and Mick will keep ignoring the obvious

and you will keep starting threads about your beloved club, whether we want them or not.

The Greatest Game will deal with the apocalyptic size hammer blow of a St Helens vs Leeds Grand Final.

I would be tempted to go to Old Trafford as a neutral to watch Wigan v Saints, but no way will I bother if its another Saints v Leeds final.

Like the NRL they rarely get teams reaching back to back finals and always have a new face every season it seems.

But one team getting there on 3 or 4 consecutive occasions is alright though? See Melbourne and Roosters.

The most original "Wigan Walk" I ever witnessed.

No mate, that was the time we put 60-odd on you lot at Knowsley Road and you Scousers were creeping out after 35 minutes - you really showed us how the Wigan walk should be done, that night.

If it is Saints v Leeds again, I don't think I'll be alone in giving it the cold shoulder.

If it happens then so be it. Only those jealous and spiteful complain when a team / teams dominate for a number of season yet it is often good for the sport and can drive standards within that sport upwards. If Wire won a 3rd successive CC in 2011 would that be a bad thing? a 4th in 2012? No IMO If Leeds win a 4th GF would that be bad? No.

Wigan winning 8 CCs / St George winning 11? GFs in a row Barca / Real dominating Spanish football year after year, Man U / Chelsea / Arsenal dominating the Premier League. You could go on and on. Never has it been proven to damage any sport other than in the tiny heads of the bitter and twisted who would be jealous of anybody / anything.

It's boring - people like a change.

I agree its not that I don't like watching Leeds v Saints matches which are often quite tasty affairs. But it's like when Wigan went to Wembley 8 years on the bounce or so, it killed the interest in that competition.

If it happens then so be it. Only those jealous and spiteful complain when a team / teams dominate for a number of season yet it is often good for the sport and can drive standards within that sport upwards. If Wire won a 3rd successive CC in 2011 would that be a bad thing? a 4th in 2012? No IMO If Leeds win a 4th GF would that be bad? No.

Wigan winning 8 CCs / St George winning 11? GFs in a row Barca / Real dominating Spanish football year after year, Man U / Chelsea / Arsenal dominating the Premier League. You could go on and on. Never has it been proven to damage any sport other than in the tiny heads of the bitter and twisted who would be jealous of anybody / anything.

I'm talking about this for the good of the game and the SL as a competition. If Wire did do a 'Wigan' and win the cup every year for nearly a decade it would become boring and I bet many Wire fans would not go every year and as a result the event would suffer.

Part of a reason I hate the Premiership is its's predictable nature, you know theres only 2 teams who can win it every year, its boring.

I'd rather it wasn't a Saints v Leeds final but it will hardly be a disaster if that who I end up watching. RL will survive for sure.

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuarts-photography/156268557729980

I'm talking about this for the good of the game and the SL as a competition. If Wire did do a 'Wigan' and win the cup every year for nearly a decade it would become boring and I bet many Wire fans would not go every year and as a result the event would suffer.

Part of a reason I hate the Premiership is its's predictable nature, you know theres only 2 teams who can win it every year, its boring.

The Grand Final has, with the exception of one year, been won by a top two finishing side. Should it be three strikes and out, or two? What have the last three SL Grand Final crowds been?

just wont happen................saints v wigan this year.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

This for the good of the game / SL competition nonsense is just that NONSENSE and routinely spouted by fans who are jealous of success obtained by others.

RFL fans are often told please swallow this its for the good of the game be it salary cap, be it franchising. You see all these things were / are supposedly for the good of the game. Hilarously, the people who then spout such nonsensical rhetoric then say ah but denying clubs automatic promotion is for the good of the game.

You hate football full stop BUT that boring, predictable competition is more successful than ever. Odd that isn't it. Youir rhetoric makes you feel better but such self indulgent spite would be better told lying on a couch in front of a psychologist.

Somebody show me where one team winning trophies on a regular basis has been bad for a sport / bad for RL and ALSO explain to me how all these great ideas that were for the good of the game, a panacea have seemingly made it even more predictable. Will Featherstone lift a CC trophy again? Sheffield?

It's boring - people like a change.

Did you get bored watchi8n WIgan in the challenge cup in the 90's?

The game's still hare and unfortunately so are you

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.