Sad news - Terry Newton

ckn

A moderation request. PLEASE do not post threads about today's sad news until it has been confirmed that the family knows. Until I've been told by someone I trust that his family knows or see it on a mass-media news outlet then I'll simply delete your thread.

EDIT: Title edited to "Sad news - Terry Newton" from "Sad news"

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As it's all over Twitter, including from Martyn Sadler, it's pointless keeping it quiet now. Please be sensitive with your posts, especially as to speculation on cause/reason.

RIP Terry Newton.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

I've sent you a pm about the twitter stuff, please pass it on the Martyn

RIP Terry, tragic tragic news, condolences to his family and friends

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

As it's all over Twitter, including from Martyn Sadler, it's pointless keeping it quiet now. Please be sensitive with your posts, especially as to speculation on cause/reason.

RIP Terry Newton.

RIP Terry

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

Sad news, R.I.P.

Thoughts are with his friends and family.

Vince Lombardi

"It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."

"Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is."

Copa @ May 8 2005

Rugby League: Complex game, simple rules.

Rugby Union: Complex Rules, simple game.

Lets get Folding...

http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py...e&teamnum=43780

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/tea....php?s=&t=43780

RIP Terry Newton.

Seconded - a sad way to start a week of celebration for the Wigan club. Difficult to find the right words at this time for a bloke that polarised opinion in the game, but for all his failings he was deeply passionate about RL and was a great servant to a number of clubs and that is how I will try to remember him.

Unfortunately, there is going to be some difficult decisions for the RFL and the Grand Finalists over whether the traditional marks of respect are appropriate for Saturday's game given his recent circumstances and his longer history with the opposition.

A sad day - condolences to his family and those that cared about him. RIP Terry.

Edited by giwildgo

Warriors_Logo_Band_396.jpg

oderint dum metuant

This is absolutely awful news.

The guy played the game very hard and sometimes overstepped the mark but he was still a terrific player IMO.

Only 31 years of age. An appallingly tragic waste of a life.

RIP to him and utmost condolences to all his family and friends.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Utterly mad and astoundingly tragic piece of news.

I couldn't believe he is the third most talked about topic over on Twitter at the moment in the space of half an hour. Maybe says something about the sheer shock of this news.

RIP Terry.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Sad news, Terry was a fine rugby player and should be remembered as such.

The Newton family have now lost two members of their family at a very young age.

Condolences to Terry's family and friends.

R.I.P.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Unfortunately, there is going to be some difficult decisions for the RFL and the Grand Finalists over whether the traditional marks of respect are appropriate for Saturday's game given his recent circumstances and his longer history with the opposition.

Sorry, but that's nonsense.

If the people in charge find the decision on whether or not to honour Terry's memory difficult, then we have the wrong people in charge.

He was a 31 year guy, who made some bad decisions in his life, many of us have done the same, but maybe not you.

Agree with his recent conduct or not, he made a positive contribution to the game and was a joy to watch. Thoughts are with all those who knew him at this terribly sad time.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

Cant believe this, only saw him Friday stood outside of his pub. The worst part is if you look on his profile on facebook. Turns your stomach when you read it

" We have achieved what you can only dream of "

Follow me on Twitter @gaz_wigan

Sorry, but that's nonsense.

If the people in charge find the decision on whether or not to honour Terry's memory difficult, then we have the wrong people in charge.

He was a 31 year guy, who made some bad decisions in his life, many of us have done the same, but maybe not you.

I have nothing but sympathy for Terry and condolences for his family and friends, you could tell the genuine regret about some of the decisions he had made recently and also the sadness regarding his sister on the recent Sky interview.

From a sensitivity point of view I was just questioning whether a match against Saints would be appropriate, given the history and also it is a unique situation for obvious reasons aside - if that is inappropriate I apologise as it was not intended to be so.

Personally I hope Wigan wear black armbands for the game, because he was a great servant to our club.

Warriors_Logo_Band_396.jpg

oderint dum metuant

Minutes applause please, it avoids the spectacle of late-comers, kids, drunks or worst of all the intentional a-holes breaking a silence. The guy, a GB international lest we forget, deserves a send-off in the biggest game.

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

Minutes applause please, it avoids the spectacle of late-comers, kids, drunks or worst of all the intentional a-holes breaking a silence. The guy, a GB international lest we forget, deserves a send-off in the biggest game.

Couldn't agree more. Here's hoping.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)