The TV Thread

and?

and he's just been awarded it.  Sorry for joining in.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I am just about ready to un plug tv for ever- nothing but adverts -self indulgent bildge-adverts-scaremongering non news stories-adverts -repeats-adverts -reality ######-adverts and more adverts

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

I am just about ready to un plug tv for ever- nothing but adverts -self indulgent bildge-adverts-scaremongering non news stories-adverts -repeats-adverts -reality ######-adverts and more adverts

Try changing channels

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Sheridan Smith + terrific actress.

Are you a relative of hers?

Both her and Will Mellor were wooden in the awful Two Pints of Lager sitcom and neither were any better in Dates.

Although I agree the programme did have good stories and will watch the remaining episodes.

Yes, that wasn't convincing at all. However, Sheridan Smith once again demonstrated that she is a terrific actress.

From Sheridan Smith's Wikipedia page:

2009:Little Shop of Horrors

Laurence Olivier Award Best Actress in a Musical

Nominated

2010: Legally Blonde

Evening Standard Award: Best Actress

Nominated

2011: Flare Path

Laurence Olivier Award: Best Actress in a Musical

Won

Theatregoers' Choice Award: Best Actress in a Musical

Won

Evening Standard Award: Best Actress

Won

BroadwayWorld UK Award: Best Featured Actress in a Play

Won

2012 Hedda Gabler

Laurence Olivier Award: Best Performance in a Supporting Role

Won

Theatregoers' Choice Award: Best Actress in a Play

Won

2013: Mrs Biggs

National Television Awards: Outstanding Drama Performance (Female)

Nominated

Royal Television Society Awards: Best Actress

Nominated

British Academy Television Award: Best Actress

Won

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I hear the internet is going that way too, best to be ahead of the crowd on this one I reckon.

Some day a rain's gonna come ...

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I hear the internet is going that way too, best to be ahead of the crowd on this one I reckon.

:D

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The BBC eh? Turning over about 2 hours of weekend primetime to an England RU reserves match. :rolleyes:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

New series Frankie is complete rubbish.

Cardboard cutout characters that are entirely without redeeming features, unrealistic and unbelievable plot lines and totally inaccurate portrayal of District Nursing.

Apart from that.....

New series Frankie is excellent.

Bizarrely after it plumbed new depths of turgidity, predictable yet totally unrealistic storylines and shockingly poor acting last night Mrs Shadow's first reaction was "there's no way that girl would have had a district nurse visiting her"

My suggestion that the accuracy of health team call planning was the least of the problems with the entire bag o shoite fell on deaf ears.

Bizarrely after it plumbed new depths of turgidity, predictable yet totally unrealistic storylines and shockingly poor acting last night Mrs Shadow's first reaction was "there's no way that girl would have had a district nurse visiting her"

My suggestion that the accuracy of health team call planning was the least of the problems with the entire bag o shoite fell on deaf ears.

Well, I enjoyed it.

Amazing how beautiful, healthy, clean, pristinely dressed and perfectly coiffured these 15th century folk were!

Exactly

The insides of their houses looked like something out of grand designs

And there just happened to be a chapel in the woods

And the king just happened to be riding by

Etc etc

The female lead has the look of Ingrid Bergman about her

Keeping it local

Amazing how beautiful, healthy, clean, pristinely dressed and perfectly coiffured these 15th century folk were!

The lass who played the White Queen was easy on the eye to boot.

Fides invicta triumphat

The lass who played the White Queen was easy on the eye to boot.

aye, see above

but I kept expecting Richard Greene as Robin Hood to come swinging through the trees

all they needed was a tavern on the green

I'm surpriswed Janet McTeer couldkeep a straigt face.

Keeping it local

• 2 weeks later...

after blanket coverage of tennis on the bbc, tonights primetime viewing is some meaningless football match between Italy and another team from - utter contempt for the licence payer, I want my money back!

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

after blanket coverage of tennis on the bbc, tonights primetime viewing is some meaningless football match between Italy and another team from - utter contempt for the licence payer, I want my money back!

There is always BBC3, BBC4, Radios 1 to 6 etc. iPlayer BBC website. So sod all for your money really.

Anyway, there's rugby on Premier Sport, so I'm happy enough. :)

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Whilst I wouldn't consider the licence fee a waste of money, I would consider showing the Confederations Cup a waste of BBC One's airtime.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Whilst I wouldn't consider the licence fee a waste of money, I would consider showing the Confederations Cup a waste of BBC One's airtime.

I agree. I would be interesting to find out what the viewing figures were for it compared to the usual time slots. 

Fides invicta triumphat

Most of the tournament was on BBC3, therebye conveniently displacing 3rd-rate sitcoms.

Ralph Waldo Emerson