The TV Thread

I have just been watching all the episodes of The Peter Serafinowicz Show, first aired almost exactly 10 years ago. A shame they never gave him a second series.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

35 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

I have just been watching all the episodes of The Peter Serafinowicz Show, first aired almost exactly 10 years ago. A shame they never gave him a second series.

I really liked it and it was a bit odd it never got a series two. It did get a couple of Christmas specials the following year though but no series. Still those specials had one of my favourite sketches in, old fashioned sillyness 

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

9 hours ago, John Drake said:

Meet the cast on the all new series of Doctor Who
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/ff2d130a-e278-4978-bf22-48cba0a5c9da

So the Bradley Walsh rumours were true. Blimey. 

I think Bradley will be brilliant in it, he's been pretty good in the dramas I've seen him in in the past. 

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

1 hour ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Just finished watching the Vietnam war series on bbc4

The testimonies of the participants of both sides would break your heart

I missed some of the early episodes, but have watched the rest and thought it was excellent.

• Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

9 hours ago, Amber Avenger said:

I think Bradley will be brilliant in it, he's been pretty good in the dramas I've seen him in in the past. 

Yeah me too.

The show has a good track record of unexpected casting decisions proving to be successful. Billie Piper, Catherine Tate and Matt Lucas spring to mind.

I remember Bradley Walsh being in Corrie n'all.

10 hours ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Just finished watching the Vietnam war series on bbc4

The testimonies of the participants of both sides would break your heart

I'm three episodes in. It really is sobering stuff and heavy going at times. Ultimately a complete waste of time, effort and lives.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

I was going through an old stack of DVDs and found my copy of 'Neverwhere'. So that's me sorted for the evening.

51aa1Lex-fL.jpg

Ralph Waldo Emerson

5 minutes ago, Shadow said:

Blue Planet 2

just

wow

Worth

Licence

fee

alone

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Already spotted someone on Twitter claiming that it is all CGI and scripted. :rolleyes: 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

And Louis Theroux is just brilliant at what he does.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

12 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Already spotted someone on Twitter claiming that it is all CGI and scripted. :rolleyes: 

Look out for a Daily Mail exposé coming your way soon telling us some of the shots were staged. :dry:

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

We finally got around to trying Criminal Minds Beyond Borders again tonight. And that’s it permanently off our watch list.

Weak writing, gross stereotypes of foreigners, American heroes saving the day from incompetent foreigners and so on.

The worst part of it was a staunch Muslim woman who refused to listen to someone saying her son was gay. She then suddenly turned into a helpful supporter of her son’s lover because one of the FBI guys showed her a picture of them holding hands.

It's almost as if it were written by someone whose experience of foreigners and foreign culture is limited to what they see on Fox News.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

1 hour ago, Tongs ya bas said:

I'm catching up on the Coogan and Brydon Spanish trip.

They are smug and irritating, the food and the setting are the star

It's not the show that the first one was; that I found actually entertaining.

8 hours ago, Griff9of13 said:

It's not the show that the first one was; that I found actually entertaining.

I enjoyed the first series.

In the current series, Spain has been a revelation and worth watching for that and I love the food aspect. But the format, self satire, they try to outdo each other's impersonations has lost its appeal for me.

12 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

I enjoyed the first series.

In the current series, Spain has been a revelation and worth watching for that and I love the food aspect. But the format, self satire, they try to outdo each other's impersonations has lost its appeal for me.

I don't mind the chat when they are sat down eating food and impressions etc and the first few episodes of every series are good value for that. It's always later on in the series when they introduce other characters and it moves away from improvisation into scripted stuff where it bores me. The last episode of the current run was dreadful I thought, especially the ending!

• Like 1

SQL Honours