The TV Thread

3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Vic Reeves is one of the contestants on the new series of 'Celebrity Masterchef'. Time to post this sketch...

Not quite as iconic, but I also enjoyed their micky take of the modern Masterchef too

• Like 1

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

On 04/08/2017 at 11:34 AM, Ex-Kirkholt said:

Twin Peaks this week - the scene with Gordon, Albert, the French lady and the bottle of wine was hilarious

david lynch has been brilliant. "don't worry she will turn up"

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2017 at 7:02 AM, Wiltshire Rhino said:

The third is good too! Netflix is doing a good job with their Marvel series. Really looking forward to The Punisher! 

I'm a big Marvel fan, and I'd tend to agree. However, there have been some misses - I thought Luke Cage dragged a bit, and Iron Fist was downright daft, to the point I had to give up on it. Defenders is good so far, (I'm three in as well) and pleased that it seems to be a limited 8 episode run rather than the standard issue 13, so there isn't the opportunity for filler some of the other series seem to have had. 

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

8 minutes ago, Amber Avenger said:

I'm a big Marvel fan, and I'd tend to agree. However, there have been some misses - I thought Luke Cage dragged a bit, and Iron Fist was downright daft, to the point I had to give up on it. Defenders is good so far, (I'm three in as well) and pleased that it seems to be a limited 8 episode run rather than the standard issue 13, so there isn't the opportunity for filler some of the other series seem to have had. 

I do have to keep stopping to check what happened in series 2 of Daredevil though.

Edited by Shadow

I watched the first episode of 'From Russia to Iran: Crossing the Wild Frontier' on Channel 4 t'other night, really enjoyed it.

It's a bloke called Levison Wood, who I've never heard of before, hitchhiking his way through lots of scary war-torn former Soviet republics like Ingushetia, Chechnya and Dagestan, meeting (mostly) friendly locals in between being stopped and quizzed by gun-toting heavies, and drinking copious amounts of vodka at the many random social events he gets invited to on the way.

He is an engaging character, the scenery on view is extraordinary, and some of the places on his route are extraordinarily dangerous. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, John Drake said:

I watched the first episode of 'From Russia to Iran: Crossing the Wild Frontier' on Channel 4 t'other night, really enjoyed it.

It's a bloke called Levison Wood, who I've never heard of before, hitchhiking his way through lots of scary war-torn former Soviet republics like Ingushetia, Chechnya and Dagestan, meeting (mostly) friendly locals in between being stopped and quizzed by gun-toting heavies, and drinking copious amounts of vodka at the many random social events he gets invited to on the way.

He is an engaging character, the scenery on view is extraordinary, and some of the places on his route are extraordinarily dangerous. 

Ex Para.  Nice guy.

He has done two other series, Walking the Nile and Walking the Himalayas.  

He does actually walk the whole route, with the camera crew hoping in and out.  

Iran and the Caucasus's always looks like a great place to visit.

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 23/7/2017 at 0:17 PM, Futtocks said:

mel and sue

Really.

They steal a living

I recall seeing an audience struggle to know when they were supposed to laugh, even when there were signs telling them.

Edited by Bob8

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

24 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Well now, this is both unexpected and exciting! :)

The League of Gentlemen to return to BBC Two
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-41024660

I was about to post the same.

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

There's just been an advert for the RAF on Channel 4. In the "we've got a social side" part of the advert, I saw a sports team sporting white chevrons on their pale blue shirts. Rugby League, surely?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Engrenages known as Spiral in the UK returns for series 6 on September 18th

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

54 minutes ago, Tongs ya bas said:

Is that the French detective series? It's brilliant.

It's the one set in Paris with the female lead police officer and the lawyers.

Edited by jacksy

I know I'm a bit late to it, but just had a binge watch of the first three series of Ray Donovan over the last few days. Very entertaining and some great acting. Not for the feint hearted though.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

Just a heads-up; at 6pm this evening, the Talking Pictures Freeview channel is showing Pack up your Troubles.

Here's the blurb: Seldom seen intact since it was made, this Laurel and Hardy delight has gone through the mincing machine of distributors' cuts but still remains one of their best movies for producer Hal Roach. After a disastrous wartime service in the army, Stan and Ollie try to keep their promise to a dying buddy that they will look after his little girl (Jacquie Lyn). The usual Laurel and Hardy ins-and-outs follow as they try to reunite her with her rightful grandparents. It touches the nerves of comedy and pathos with just the right amount of pressure and also has a vivid portrayal of a revenge-crazed army cook by George Marshall, the film's director.

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, Shadow said:

The Tick 

This is the third adaptation; the Nineties cartoon had three series (all available on YouTube), which were even madder. Recommended.

Then there was a short-lived live-action series in 2001 (can be found on Vimeo), which was relatively low-budget, but worth a look.

Ralph Waldo Emerson