The TV Thread

One for Aussies, but also Poms who remember Channel 4's late night schedules from the early Nineties: Let the Blood run free.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just saw an advert for a BBC programme called Broken with Sean Bean as a priest.  That'll have to be a strong performance to override that stereotype, unless he dies in the first episode...

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

anybody watching Twin Peaks? totally weird but somehow addictive, if you like david lynch stuff its a must.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

15 minutes ago, my missus said:

anybody watching Twin Peaks? totally weird but somehow addictive, if you like david lynch stuff its a must.

I'm trying to but I gave up on it first time round and that might happen again. 

On 30/05/2017 at 0:09 AM, my missus said:

this series makes the first seem normal.

Absolutely. Lots of tiny threads. 3 Dale Coopers.  David Lynch is brilliant as Gordon Cole.

How are they going to tie this all together ?

It is great to see how many of the original cast are involved 25 years on !!

Hellloooo-oooo !!!

Edited by Ex-Kirkholt
change

Looks like it wer' organised by't Pennine League

Needless to say, I'll be taping this:

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/ackley-bridge

"Prior to airing, following the 2017 Manchester Arena bombing, the first episode was re-edited as there were scenes showing "a troubled student strap a fake bomb to himself in order to disrupt the merging of a predominantly white and a predominantly Asian school."[10] A spokesperson said "In light of the tragic events in Manchester, the first episode of forthcoming drama series Ackley Bridge is being re-edited."

Edited by Wolford6

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

• 2 weeks later...

Given the sad passing of Adam West, here's a show a lot of us may not have seen before, as it was a pilot that never made it to series. Co-written by Conan O'Brien, here's Lookwell!. And... it ain't bad at all! :biggrin:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 02/06/2017 at 3:49 PM, Ex-Kirkholt said:

Absolutely. Lots of tiny threads. 3 Dale Coopers.  David Lynch is brilliant as Gordon Cole.

How are they going to tie this all together ?

It is great to see how many of the original cast are involved 25 years on !!

Hellloooo-oooo !!!

And it just gets better that seen where the little boy was killed was absolute class.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

The Top of the Pops reruns on BBC4 are now up to Jan 1984. I was watching one I'd recorded last night and one of my favourite bands of all-time were on making their debut. 

The Icicle Works, performing Love is a Wonderful Colour. Ian McNabb looking youthful and pretending to sing into a wonky microphone. Brilliant.

This TOTP performance would have been the first time I'd seen them. It made a big impression on me back then. They were the first band I ever saw play live, at Leeds Astoria. What memories. Just bought McNabb's latest album, Star Smile Strong last month too.

The Icicle Works should have been huge, but I think their TOTP appearances can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

They may not have clocked up many appearances on TotP, but here's a Whistle Test recording.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Batley Bulldogs getting a plug on Channel 4's The Last Leg tonight. :) 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just watching Ian Hislop's Who Should We Let In? - it seems nothing has changed in 100 years except the nationality of the targets.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

18 hours ago, westlondonfan said:

I'm sure it has been mentioned before on here but I just bought The Trip on iTunes with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon.  I've got to say it is brilliant. 

The first series in Italy is much better than the second series in Spain. 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Have I posted this before? A third series of 'Detectorists' has begun filming. :) 

• Like 4

Ralph Waldo Emerson

30 minutes ago, westlondonfan said:

I thought the series in Italy was the second series  and the first was set in the north of England? 

Yes you're right I'd forgotten about that one.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

On 2017-6-25 at 0:52 PM, Futtocks said:

Have I posted this before? A third series of 'Detectorists' has begun filming. :) 

Welcome news indeed Futtocks, Detectorists is probably my current favourite TV programme.