The TV Thread

I am not particularly a fan of Craig David, in fact I find him very irritating, but he seems to be everywhere today. He was on BBC Breakfast, The One Show, and he's on The Last Leg on C4 later.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him on Saturday Kitchen, Football Focus and Celebrity Pointless tomorrow.

Black Lightning.  Dross of the worst kind.  All black people are criminals who riot if you look at them the wrong way but not in a vengeance against the other black criminals.  All white cops are corrupt racists.

I didn't finish the first episode.

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

9 minutes ago, Bleep1673 said:

Oh dear God. One of the worst remakes is on tonight on ITV4.

The 2005 version of Assault on Precinct 13

Far worse than the Escape From New York remake 

The sad thing is that the remake of 'Assault' gets on TV far far more than the superb original. The latter was a career peak for so many of the cast, and the ice cream van scene with the little girl is still shocking and chilling even to modern eyes.

Edited by Futtocks
  • Like 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

And one of the worst films ever is on ITV 1.

Jaws 4 The revenge.

It is so so so bad.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

7 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

And one of the worst films ever is on ITV 1.

Jaws 4 The revenge.

It is so so so bad.  

Someone asked Michael Caine if he'd ever watched that movie. He said "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific!" :D 

Mind you, it is still better than 'Devil Fish' or 'The Last Shark', when it comes to selachimorpha-based horror flicks.

Edited by Futtocks

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On ‎26‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:43 PM, Bleep1673 said:

I am not particularly a fan of Craig David, in fact I find him very irritating, but he seems to be everywhere today. He was on BBC Breakfast, The One Show, and he's on The Last Leg on C4 later.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him on Saturday Kitchen, Football Focus and Celebrity Pointless tomorrow.

OK close, He is on C4 Sunday Brunch.

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:46 PM, Bleep1673 said:

Hint & ye shall receive...

Kurt Russell in Escape from New York, tonight Sky ch317 2100

Star Trek Discovery is now in full on batsit mode.

I mean, it's enjoyable and Michael Burnham still is ... watchable ... but we have now burnt all the bridges, danced on the ashes, built some new bridges out of firey mushrooms, burnt those and then performed an Irish jig whilst throwing new bridges made of sparklers into the air.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

54 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I mean, it's enjoyable and Michael Burnham still is ... watchable ... but we have now burnt all the bridges, danced on the ashes, built some new bridges out of firey mushrooms, burnt those and then performed an Irish jig whilst throwing new bridges made of sparklers into the air.

Oi.

Spoilers. :biggrin:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gingerjon said:

I've now seen it and you seem quite restrained by comparison to what I have just watched.

I will swear at one point I heard someone shout "Flash I love you but we only have 14 hours to save the earth!"

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Shadow said:

I've now seen it and you seem quite restrained by comparison to what I have just watched.

I will swear at one point I heard someone shout "Flash I love you but we only have 14 hours to save the earth!"

Watched it myself now... I agree with you both.  Also, annoyingly, the camera work seems to have been done by drunks, the wobbling is just ridiculous.

Finally, anyone else think the throne reveal last week was very much like the future scene in Blackadder's Christmas Carol?

• Like 1

"When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt; run in little circles, wave your arms and shout"

Really finally this time... hasn't anyone on the entire crew watched Fringe before?  If so, why not speak up and mention about maybe having a different theme?

1 hour ago, ckn said:

Really finally this time... hasn't anyone on the entire crew watched Fringe before?  If so, why not speak up and mention about maybe having a different theme?

I binge watched it all last year. Really enjoyed the first couple of series, although the last few were okay I think they were running out of story ideas

Thing the “mirror” universe in Star Trek, isn’t a new concept, it was in the Original series (Leonard Nimoy wore a goatee for his evil version)

Deep Space Nine has several episodes with both “universes” overlapping

Finally Enterprise did a one off two parter that was solely based in the Mirror Universe, which ties back into the original series episode as showed Archer in command of the “future” defiant (which was quickly mentioned in discovery)

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

I binge watched it all last year. Really enjoyed the first couple of series, although the last few were okay I think they were running out of story ideas

Thing the “mirror” universe in Star Trek, isn’t a new concept, it was in the Original series (Leonard Nimoy wore a goatee for his evil version)

Deep Space Nine has several episodes with both “universes” overlapping

Finally Enterprise did a one off two parter that was solely based in the Mirror Universe, which ties back into the original series episode as showed Archer in command of the “future” defiant (which was quickly mentioned in discovery)

Ah, I meant the actual theme song.

Fringe:

• Like 1

On 1/26/2018 at 9:43 PM, Bleep1673 said:

Second busiest 7 Days he's ever had

• Haha 1

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

bbc breakfast news has become some un bearable, chit chat magazine show - how many sports reporters are "we paying the salary " of on it too? oh hold on, forgot its the bbc so a disneyfide rota of - white guy, black guy, white woman, black woman, Asian woman, white guy etc etc-  keep stumping up the licence fee guys 

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

13 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

bbc breakfast news has become some un bearable, chit chat magazine show - how many sports reporters are "we paying the salary " of on it too? oh hold on, forgot its the bbc so a disneyfide rota of - white guy, black guy, white woman, black woman, Asian woman, white guy etc etc-  keep stumping up the licence fee guys 

And all of them would be able to tell us what star flanker Rupert Ffitch- Ffarquharson had for breakfast.

Nor would any of them have a clue what a play the ball or 40/20 was.

• Like 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

On 29/01/2018 at 5:24 PM, gingerjon said:

Yeah, I was surprised there were still two episodes to go in this season, especially

as they seem to have disposed of the (IMO) most interesting character. I assume the "good" Jason Issacs went down with his original crew.

I was also kind of hoping when the announced they had time jumped, it was going to be something mad like 900 years in the future rather than just a few months

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Watched "The Invisible Guardian" on Netflix.

Great film about a woman detective who goes back to her home town to track down a serial killer and as to face her own personal demons from her past.

Beautifully shot film. Subtitled.

Also would recommend 'The Frozen Dead' on Netflix. A short series (5 episodes) that starts with the decapitation of a horse and leads a detective back to confront his past as the realisation that an imprisoned serial killer (that he put behind bars) is somehow involved in a new set of murders. Set in magnificent scenery. Subtitled.

• Like 1
The%20Warriors%2060.jpg