The TV Thread

Probably been discussed on here before, but finally become aware of "Damned".

I love it. Caught up with the first season over a couple of nights last week and enjoyed the first episode of the 2nd, although they did make some of the comedy a touch sillier I thought.

Great cast and some silliness along with subtle humour. Great stuff.

Brooklyn 99.

Finally watching series 4. After a misstep first episode or two it's up there with the earlier series.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Last night's 24 Hours in Police Custody was quite something. If you haven't read about it, try to avoid anything about it before watching. To be honest even if you have it's very much worth a watch. A well made documentary

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

1 hour ago, Derwent said:

I have no idea what the Star Trek stuff above is about as I've never watched it, but the spoof version The Orville is quite funny.

Yep. Enjoyed it too. I like most Seth MacFarlane stuff, he is a self confessed fan of Star Trek so when this came along I was keen to see it. Probably enjoyed this more than Discovery

Hes got a knack with parodies. The Family Guy ones of Star Wars were spot on

Edited by Spidey

Amazon finally released the second half of their serialisation of The Tick on Friday. It has been a wait, but it was worth it.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Mantis (2017) Poster

A serial killer, nicknamed 'La Mante' decides to collaborate with the police when a string of murders that copycat her style suddenly appear.

Finished watching this at the weekend on Netflix.

Comes highly recommended from me. Very strong finish. Subtitles.

• Like 1
The%20Warriors%2060.jpg

On 25/02/2018 at 8:11 PM, Moose said:

An old favourite returns. I only came across the old episodes by chance when on YouTube, I think most of them are still available to view.

https://www.scotsman.com/lifestyle/culture/tv-radio/in-pictures-15-of-the-funniest-still-game-quotes-1-4695524

Excellent news, looking forward to it very much.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I'm enjoying David Chang's new show, Ugly Delicious.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The 'Wigan Kebab' has just made an appearance in Back in Time for Tea, and social media is alternately reeling and drooling.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 26/02/2018 at 1:23 PM, Derwent said:

Save Me, written by the people behind Line of Duty, looks like it might be good.

Its brilliant.

Sky Atlantic

Suranne Jones-, Stephan Graham and Lennie James ( his idea)

Give it a go.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

This coming Sunday on BBC 2 Wales at 19.00 (Sky channel 971 for those of us not living in Wales), The Rugby Codebreakers, the story of the players "going north". It promises to be a full and frank account of the issues and reasons for the migration.

• Thanks 1

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

2 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

This coming Sunday on BBC 2 Wales at 19.00 (Sky channel 971 for those of us not living in Wales), The Rugby Codebreakers, the story of the players "going north". It promises to be a full and frank account of the issues and reasons for the migration.

Someone mentioned this before, but at the time they didn't know the broadcast date. Really looking forward to this!

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

Someone mentioned this before, but at the time they didn't know the broadcast date. Really looking forward to this!

I think I picked it up from Jiffy's Twitter feed a few days ago.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen the trailer - 'Cunk on Britain' is coming soon. :smile: 

• Like 1

Ralph Waldo Emerson