Sign in to follow this  
Bleep1673

Football

I'm full of cold, so not going out tonight.

Watched the start of Scotland v Ireland, intending to watch it for a bit while eating my tea, then watch something I'd taped.

I ended up watching it all. What a great game; proper old-fashioned football with a decent ref who didn't object to seeing a bit of tackling.

Well done, Scotland.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

I liked the bit where the Faroe Islands beat Greece.  In Greece.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I liked the bit where the Faroe Islands beat Greece.  In Greece.

Reports in the Greek press that Ranieri will leave after the next game against Serbia on Tuesday. Ekathimerini reports he has agreed to go and reduced his compensation claim to let it happen more quickly. Giorgios Sarris (the boss of the Greek football association) is quoted as saying "I take full responsibility for the unfortunate choice of the manager."

Edited by tonyXIII

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I don't want to jinx it, but Italy v Croatia on ITV4 right now has been a real cracker of a match. I know, Italy in "watchable" shock!

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

I don't want to jinx it, but Italy v Croatia on ITV4 right now has been a real cracker of a match. I know, Italy in "watchable" shock!

Game suspended, due to Croatian 'fans' chucking flares and fireworks. Italians 'fans' indignant, because they assumed that's their job.

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

Just skimmed it, but will give it more of a read tomorrow. A quality piece on a forgotten star.

Game suspended, due to Croatian 'fans' chucking flares and fireworks. Italians 'fans' indignant, because they assumed that's their job.

The only surprise being that there don't appear to have been any Serbs to join in.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Scotland v England. A game of pace, a fair bit of skill and, most significantly, almost no tarty histrionics when a firm tackle is made. And there were plenty of those.

I also got the sense that both teams were really enjoying it. The enthusiasm from both sides was great to see.

Scotland v England. A game of pace, a fair bit of skill and, most significantly, almost no tarty histrionics when a firm tackle is made. And there were plenty of those.

I also got the sense that both teams were really enjoying it. The enthusiasm from both sides was great to see.

There was a noticeable gulf in ability. One reasonable team, one poor.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

There was a noticeable gulf in ability. One reasonable team, one poor.

Yes, it has been a while Scotland were any good, but it was still an enjoyable dust-up.

I enjoyed it and will always prefer to watch a game like that over ticcy-tacca football. England's 3rd goal was very skillfully produced too.

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

The Scots used to be the one's with more ability.

It's a very long time since Scotland produced even one good player. A very long time.

Mike Dennes was an 'English' man wasn't he?

Colin Cowdrey born in India

ted Dexter born in Italy

Tony Greig South Africa

Steve Hampson born Cyprus

John Barnes born West Indies

Dave Barends South African

Dally Messenger played for New Zealand

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

I'll be honest, I don't "get" Wigans new managerial appointment on any level.

It seems like far more trouble than it's worth tbh. 

It seems like far more trouble than it's worth tbh. 

he and dave Whelan seem made for each other

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/20/wigan-dave-whelan-accused-antisemitism-jewish-people

Keeping it local

Now that anti-Semitism normally means not being passionate enough in campaigning for Jewish ethnic superiority or not hating Muslims, it seems bizarre to find something anti-Semitic in the old fashioned sense.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Keeping it local