Sign in to follow this  
Bleep1673

Football

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

Actually, the local story is that he was falling from a bridge. Very sad.

The tv report made a point of saying ... it happened near this bridge ...

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

Actually, the local story is that he was falling from a bridge. Very sad.

Rumours suggest that, but the press seem to be doing the right thing (so far) and avoiding such speculation of a sensitive thing.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Rumours suggest that, but the press seem to be doing the right thing (so far) and avoiding such speculation of a sensitive thing.

Exactly that.

I wasn't really aware of his Footballing career, but I've heard him speak in his other capacities as pundit and for the PFA, and he certainly came across as a decent sort. It's never a good time for this kind of thing to happen, but before Christmas must be doubly awful.

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. (Susan Ertz)

So, Sunderland lost 3-1 at home to Hull Tigers yesterday.

Having seen the "highlights" on BBC1 last night, it appeared to me that, when in their own penalty area, Hull Tigers' players are allowed to handle the ball more often than an outside back in rugby union.

This after Steve Bruce was moaning about the referee having a shocker at Stamford Bridge when Hull Tigers lost 2-0 the other week.

"Who gets away with cheating the most wins", seems appropriate to me.

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

All in all, not a bad couple of years, I suppose...

So, Sunderland lost 3-1 at home to Hull Tigers yesterday.

Having seen the "highlights" on BBC1 last night, it appeared to me that, when in their own penalty area, Hull Tigers' players are allowed to handle the ball more often than an outside back in rugby union.

This after Steve Bruce was moaning about the referee having a shocker at Stamford Bridge when Hull Tigers lost 2-0 the other week.

"Who gets away with cheating the most wins", seems appropriate to me.

I'm sure today's events at the KC will have cheered you up though.

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

To a dispassionate viewer, the last five minutes of the Southampton v Chelsea was funny to watch. I was 1-1 and both sides were desperate not to lose. Cue wholesale fouling, diving and feigniing injury in every challenge. Both teams and the occupants of their benches benches furious and highly animated with every decision. When the referee finally blew for time, everyone shook hands and walked off the best of friends.

I'm sure today's events at the KC will have cheered you up though.

Only to the point of being delirious.

SL Steve Prescott Man of Steel 2016 - Danny Houghton  SL Top Gun 2016/2017 - Marc Sneyd (83%/89% goal success)

SL Hit Man 2016/2017 - Danny Houghton (1,289/1,123 tackles)  SL Club of the Year 2016 - Hull FC

SL Coach of the Year 2016 - Lee Radford   RL Challenge Cup Winners 2016/2017 - Hull FC

Not generally advertised, but tonight's FA Cup tie between Cardiff and Colchester is live on BBC2 Wales (Sky Channel 971).

Not generally advertised, but tonight's FA Cup tie between Cardiff and Colchester is live on BBC2 Wales (Sky Channel 971).

It appears that the Cardiff public were also unaware that the match was happening.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

It appears that the Cardiff public were also unaware that the match was happening.

It's an organised boycott by supporters as a protest against changing the tream colours to red and changing the club badge.

It's an organised boycott by supporters as a protest against changing the tream colours to red and changing the club badge.

I know that they've always hated the colour change (and quite right too) but there seemed to be a lack of stay-away-protest when they were playing in the Premier League last season.

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

I know that they've always hated the colour change (and quite right too) but there seemed to be a lack of stay-away-protest when they were playing in the Premier League last season.

Quite.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

You might notice a few extra police on the street on Wednesday 14 January.

You might notice a few extra police on the street on Wednesday 14 January.

And a few less seats in the stands.

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

Oldham Athletic set announce the signing of Chedwyn Evans who has been clubless for a few years.

Split loyalties today, Yeovil or Utd? Maybe a draw is the best, so the Glovers can get another decent payday from a visit to Old Trafford. Lord knows they need it.

No split loyalties for me today.