CC Round 5 Draw

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol the CC as always been a waste of time for the majority of the teams what makes you all of a sudden think the above? Because you have drawn salford? Lol come on even if you win your not going to get anywhere near wembley the CC died years ago. Its more of an hindrance now than anything else. The days like Fev beating hull at wembley are long gone. Just get a quick buck and get out that's the motto now lol.If ridyard and brierley get injuries to rule them out for the season I'm sure you will have a different view after the match lol.

You miserable sod. Leigh v Salford, Bulls v HKR, Wakey v Fax, Sheff v Hull - no warm balls at all ...........

Lol the CC as always been a waste of time for the majority of the teams what makes you all of a sudden think the above? Because you have drawn salford? Lol come on even if you win your not going to get anywhere near wembley the CC died years ago. Its more of an hindrance now than anything else. The days like Fev beating hull at wembley are long gone. Just get a quick buck and get out that's the motto now lol.If ridyard and brierley get injuries to rule them out for the season I'm sure you will have a different view after the match lol.

Semi-literate nonsense. Work harder at school.

It will be a double header at LSV, Miners on Saturday, Centurions on Sunday with a stopover for any York fans wanting to take in both games

That is not what I would call a double header. Miners best chance of winning is at Twist Lane. There would be more on there too than at LSV unless a proper double header could be arranged (which would be awesome). If Wath Brow could play at home against Newcastle then a precedent has been set and Leigh Miners should exploit it

That is not what I would call a double header. Miners best chance of winning is at Twist Lane. There would be more on there too than at LSV unless a proper double header could be arranged (which would be awesome). If Wath Brow could play at home against Newcastle then a precedent has been set and Leigh Miners should exploit it

Wont happen, move on - rest of us have

The precedent was set with Miners v Oxford in Round 4 mate, however wrong it may be.

A double header would be awesome though.

I believe the Rules regarding Suitability of Ground, change after CC 3rd Round. Plus Gateshead were happy to play at the Brow.

HW

Some good ties there. Ironically, the current top 4 championship clubs against three of the bottom four Super League clubs. A chance for clubs who may be in the middle 8 to get an early one over their likely opponents. With that in mind, all of them will be desperate to win. It's a shame one of those games won't be on the BBC!

Some good ties there. Ironically, the current top 4 championship clubs against three of the bottom four Super League clubs. A chance for clubs who may be in the middle 8 to get an early one over their likely opponents. With that in mind, all of them will be desperate to win. It's a shame one of those games won't be on the BBC!

Some might be on Sky Sports though...

Well, that's a tough draw for those Leigh fans on the other place who are confidently predicting a CC win for the club.

Leigh have a decent side and out of the Championship vs SL clubs, I think they are the only side capable of winning in Rd 5.

Leigh have a decent side and out of the Championship vs SL clubs, I think they are the only side capable of winning in Rd 5.

On paper, Salford have one of the best teams in SL and they should not be a bottom four club. Sometimes the team clicks. I would have preferred either of the other three SLclubs but at least it is a good derby and should be a big crowd. We have a better chance of winning this than at Sheadingly last year

North Wales Crusaders will extend "Croeso Cynnes"  - a warm welcome - to Rovers fans visiting the Racecourse. As usual we will welcome visiting fans to the Turf Hotel adjacent to the ground for a chat, a pint and a song before and after the game.

We maybe underdogs, but the way that our lads played against Doncaster there may be a bit of a scare on the cards. It could be closer than some people think!

Well if Fax beat Wakefield or Sheffield beat Hull, that'll throw the 8s wide open!

Similarly if Salford put 40pts on Leigh and Hull KR put 40 on Bradford it will destroy them.

A very convenient draw though, and if I were a betting man I would expect to see 4 games refereed with a slow ptb and a short 10, and a few 'lifeline' penalties.

Some decent money to be made on a 4 fourfold with the champ sides to beat a spread of 12-20pts. ;)

On paper, Salford have one of the best teams in SL and they should not be a bottom four club. Sometimes the team clicks. I would have preferred either of the other three SLclubs but at least it is a good derby and should be a big crowd. We have a better chance of winning this than at Sheadingly last year

We were a good team in god awful form, Salford are a decent side coming in to a bit of form. I think they will surprise a few this year, many were desperate to jump on them when they started poorly but they aren't a terrible side.

Saying that the do have a very tough run of games coming up, and that can make or break a side like Salford, Widnes, Hudds, Wigan and Leeds between now and the CC, could leave them battle tested and ready to rip through, could leave them broken with no confidence.

Archived