6 Apr: The Super League Match Thread (Easter Part Two)

The last 10 mins has been great for Widnes, ok we had a man sin binned but as ever that seems to make us play better...reduced the onslaught of cats attack, managed to get some possession and repeat sets and post some unexpected points

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At one point Widnes were 150/1 off scratch during the in play betting.

I was mildly tempted but decided to have a look at the winning margins which weren't all that interesting.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Much better from Widnes in the second quarter, more of the same in the 2nd half please....22-4 HT

Just the 4 points to show from the first half, but Widnes looked stronger and stronger as the half went on.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Looking at the crowd shots, either Widnes have picked up a lot of Geordie fans, or there's been a good early take-up of the Magic Weekend charity shirts.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Although the score board says 32 -16, given that 22 of those home points were scored in the first 20mins, we've done well Imo...particularly given our record at this place and the fact we've rotated a few key players....reckon Betts will be chuffed with the players that have stepped in and the fact that we didn't throw the towel in as many (including me!) expected

Not so good on grass, ah well.

If he's on your payroll he shouldn't be commentating on your matches, much like Clarke for Wigan, who I may add was willing Warrington to lose this afternoon.

Clarke certainly didn't waste any opportunity to have a dig at Warrington.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

well I've enjoyed this holiday weekend.

Salford have toughened up, played a large portion of the game 2 men down with Patterson and Tommy Lee going off not to return. Thought Gelling was lucky not to join Weller and Bateman as he actually started it. Both deserved the red for continuing to fight even after the sin binning.

Bubble will probably burst at the weekend V Leeds but intend to enjoy these 2 victories

Not so good on grass, ah well.

If he's on your payroll he shouldn't be commentating on your matches, much like Clarke for Wigan, who I may add was willing Warrington to lose this afternoon.

Which paid role does Clarke perform for Wigan?

Your team should have relaxed on Friday like we did on Thursday.

We opted to relax today it would seem!

Well done to Hull for a much needed win.  If there is one team I don't mind us losing to, so long as it isn't an important game, then it's Hull FC. :D

Game over, Radford coach of the year.

20-28 final score.

Three hookers and three full backs in the seventeen. It's the kind of revolutionary thinking that could change the game.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

First point, Widnes public was fantastic. Best i've seen since a looong time.

Second point, Dureau butchered two tries.

Third point, Garcia is a better centre than Tonga, who keeps doing the same thing hoping for the defenders to think he's going to try another thing.

Fourth point, Bousquet was awful. When you're taking 5 balls per game, at least don't drop two of them.

PS : Gerrard and Escaré are class.

Archived