6 Apr: The Super League Match Thread (Easter Part Two)

Discuss the second round of Super League matches over the Easter weekend here.

MONDAY 6th APRIL
Catalans Dragons v Widnes Vikings    18:00 (CET) (TV)
Hull Kingston Rovers v Huddersfield Giants    15:00
Leeds Rhinos v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats    15:00
Salford Red Devils v Wigan Warriors    15:00
St Helens v Hull FC    15:00
Warrington Wolves v Castleford Tigers    14:45 (TV)

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winners - Catalans, HKR, Leeds, Wigan, Saints, Warrington.

I'm not so sure about Saints tbh.  We will have a halfback pairing of Hohaia and Turner again, and have had to call up two under 19s and a rookie 20 year old because we have run out of spare backs.

I'm not so sure about Saints tbh.  We will have a halfback pairing of Hohaia and Turner again, and have had to call up two under 19s and a rookie 20 year old because we have run out of spare backs.

I think Saints will get past Hull with too much trouble. Having so many players out will just mean you might not win by as big a score.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Cas have Claire, Gibson, Webster and Holmes out joining Moors and Jewitt. Likely to leave us very week down right side (Tanseys on wing -not played their for years and channing at centre). My money firmly on wire sadley!

Cats away is always a tough fixture and we have a poor record in France. Add to that the fact that Betts has already stated that he's rotating the squad it would seem he's planning on rolling over for this one thus a kickin of at least 0 - 40 is on the cards I'd imagine

Cats away is always a tough fixture and we have a poor record in France. Add to that the fact that Betts has already stated that he's rotating the squad it would seem he's planning on rolling over for this one thus a kickin of at least 0 - 40 is on the cards I'd imagine

Might explain why paddy power don't appear to be taking bets on it!!!

Ah, the shadow squad round of super league. Might see a surprise or too depending on how weak the reserves are. A few blow out scores look on the cards too.

For the record

Dragons by plenty

Draw

Leeds by a declaration

Salford beat battered pies

hull in a dreadful game

Wire

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

I'm not so sure about Saints tbh. We will have a halfback pairing of Hohaia and Turner again, and have had to call up two under 19s and a rookie 20 year old because we have run out of spare backs.

yes but 2 of those will not be in the 17...... I thought the half back pairing was ok in the derby.....just the kicking game needs improving!

You do know who you're playing, right?  :huh:

Minichiello will be a handful in the forwards, Thompson may surprise you with his pace and quick feet off the bench, Lineham will give Swift a few problems and Rankin will make yards and might sneak the odd try if he's given enough space.

And that's about it.

Saints 34 Black and White Numpties 10.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

yes but 2 of those will not be in the 17...... I thought the half back pairing was ok in the derby.....just the kicking game needs improving!

I don't know to be honest.  Roby played on painkilling injections on Good Friday so I can see him not playing today.  Either Makinson or Bailey in at fullback and the other on the wing?  We have to play someone in position as LMS can't play centre again, we will need him up front.  And Ashworth is a centre and we are without one of those as he's playing in the halves.  I could see all three of them playing actually although I have no idea what Cunningham will do.  Bailey does seem very young to be making a first grade debut, especially if he's put in at fullback.  It'll be interesting to say the least especially given that the weather is supposed to be dry so there could be chances for tries, assuming we can actually create any!

You do know who you're playing, right?  :huh:

Minichiello will be a handful in the forwards, Thompson may surprise you with his pace and quick feet off the bench, Lineham will give Swift a few problems and Rankin will make yards and might sneak the odd try if he's given enough space.

And that's about it.

Saints 34 Black and White Numpties 10.

I love your posts. :D

No way will that be the score.  Both teams will be desperate for this win.  It's going to be a tough battle and I'm sure Leon will be in the mood since he's playing a former club.  Since he'll be the only out and out halfback on the pitch I would imagine it isn't going to be pretty but I don't think for one minute we will score 34 points!

I love your posts. :D

No way will that be the score.  Both teams will be desperate for this win.  It's going to be a tough battle and I'm sure Leon will be in the mood since he's playing a former club.  Since he'll be the only out and out halfback on the pitch I would imagine it isn't going to be pretty but I don't think for one minute we will score 34 points!

Both sides will be missing several players. The extra night's kip should help Hull avoid a total hammering but I'm not even confident about that.

I think you're in for a stress free afternoon and two more points.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

If my only source of RL info was this forum, I'd be thinking that Hull vs Saints was the meeting of the two worst RL teams to ever walk the planet.

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

If my only source of RL info was this forum, I'd be thinking that Hull vs Saints was the meeting of the two worst RL teams to ever walk the planet.

It's actually Saints v Hull so your first bit of thinking's incorrect and deluded pom? has pointed out the other inaccuracy. 

Apart from that your surmising would have been spot on.  :)

I stand by what I said. I've never been interested in "facts" ;)

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Just back from the shops, switched on Radio 5 Sports Extra, and they tell me that Salford v Wigan is to start 15 minutes late due to crowd congestion. Crowd congestion. At Salford.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On the third consecutive set in Saints half, Shaul eventually scores the first of Hull's two tries.

0-6.

Warrington take the lead 6:4.

Hull 6 up v St Helens.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived