Can we Still Make the Top 4?

Here's the Run Ins

FEV (HOME IN BOLD)

14th Workington, 19th DONCASTER, 28th Hunslet, 1st Bradford 5th DEWSBURY, 12th Leigh, 19th Sheffield, 25th WHITEHAVEN

FAX –  Hunslet, Dewsbury, London, Sheffield, Batley, Donny, Bulls

BRONCOS –  Donny, Hunslet, Fax, Whitehaven, Dewsbury, Workington, Sheffield

DEWSBURY – Bulls, Fax, Leigh, Fev, Broncos, Whitehaven, Batley

It looks pretty tough for us now to get into that top 4.......I reckon we'd need to win all but Bradford and Leigh to have a chance....I just can't see less than 28 points getting 4th...london look like they might win all 7 which would give them 30.

Dewsbury (all due respect) could easily lose their next 5 games so not to worried about them......Fax look good on Saturday but they have a tough run like us.

Our only saving grace is we have a very winnable last game where hopefully we can not only win but ramp up our points difference.......Tough fixtures for everyone else in the final round.

We need to get fit....get organised....and win our next 3 heavily to improve our points difference and get some confidence back.

Oh and PLAY SYKES AT CENTRE!!!!

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to be fair here and have a go at this and also doing it without looking at the current table and seeing what happents.

Fev

Workington    Win

Doncaster    Win

Hunslet    Win

Bradford   Lose

Dewsbury   Win

Leigh    Lose

Sheffield  Lose

Whitehaven  Win

10 points.

I really cant see Fev upsetting Bradford Leigh or Sheffield

BRONCOS 

Batley   Win

Donny   Win

Hunslet   Win

Fax   Lose

Whitehaven   Win

Dewsbury   Win

Workington   Win

Sheffield   Win

14 points

Easiest run in of the lot and given their last game is against Sheffield who will already be guarenteed 3rd I can really only see them losing the game against fax.

FAX

Hunslet   Win

Dewsbury  Win

London   Win

Sheffield   Lose

Batley   Win

Donny   Win

Bulls  Lose

10 points

Been conservative here because I honestly think we will beat Sheffield at home but it looks really bias if I say that, for arguments sake I think we will lose 1 of London or Sheffield and see what that does to the table later. We will easily have the best points difference of the teams around us given the run ins and form I would expect.

DEWSBURY

Bulls  Lose

Fax   Lose

Leigh   Lose

Fev   Lose

Broncos   Lose

Whitehaven   Win

Batley  Win

4 Points.

Hardest run in by far and i think Rams fans can only look forward to another couple of wins in this part of the league. That said they are Fax's bogey side so wouldnt be surprised if they beat us.

Added Sheffield just for fun

Sheffield

Whitehaven  Win

Leigh   Lose

Workington   Win

Halifax   Win

Bradford   Lose

Fev   Win

London   Lose

8 points

They have probably  done enough to get 3rd now but its quite a hard run in and a shock loss and who knows.

That gives the final table as:-

Sheffield 32 pts

London 30 pts

Fax 28 pts

Fev 28 pts

Dewsbury 23 pts

So ignore dewsbury as they wont have any real chance of finishing 4th, if results go that way then there are some really interesting permitations that could happen. Sheffield are far from comfortable in 3rd spot like on those results if London beat Fax they end up on the same points as Sheffield but more interestingly if either Fev or Fax beat Sheffield then they could easily end up on the same points as Sheffield, points difference  it wont matter to Fev but given Sheffield should have some tight games you can see Fax over turning the current 30 points or so difference.

Things can change so easily though and London do not travel that well and could get beat by Batley this week leaving fax and fev to battle it out for 4th and maybe even 3rd.

Trying to be fair here and have a go at this and also doing it without looking at the current table and seeing what happents.

Fev

Workington    Win

Doncaster    Win

Hunslet    Win

Bradford   Lose

Dewsbury   Win

Leigh    Lose

Sheffield  Lose

Whitehaven  Win

10 points.

I really cant see Fev upsetting Bradford Leigh or Sheffield

BRONCOS 

Batley   Win

Donny   Win

Hunslet   Win

Fax   Lose

Whitehaven   Win

Dewsbury   Win

Workington   Win

Sheffield   Win

14 points

Easiest run in of the lot and given their last game is against Sheffield who will already be guarenteed 3rd I can really only see them losing the game against fax.

FAX

Hunslet   Win

Dewsbury  Win

London   Win

Sheffield   Lose

Batley   Win

Donny   Win

Bulls  Lose

10 points

Been conservative here because I honestly think we will beat Sheffield at home but it looks really bias if I say that, for arguments sake I think we will lose 1 of London or Sheffield and see what that does to the table later. We will easily have the best points difference of the teams around us given the run ins and form I would expect.

DEWSBURY

Bulls  Lose

Fax   Lose

Leigh   Lose

Fev   Lose

Broncos   Lose

Whitehaven   Win

Batley  Win

4 Points.

Hardest run in by far and i think Rams fans can only look forward to another couple of wins in this part of the league. That said they are Fax's bogey side so wouldnt be surprised if they beat us.

Added Sheffield just for fun

Sheffield

Whitehaven  Win

Leigh   Lose

Workington   Win

Halifax   Win

Bradford   Lose

Fev   Win

London   Lose

8 points

They have probably  done enough to get 3rd now but its quite a hard run in and a shock loss and who knows.

That gives the final table as:-

Sheffield 32 pts

London 30 pts

Fax 28 pts

Fev 28 pts

Dewsbury 23 pts

So ignore dewsbury as they wont have any real chance of finishing 4th, if results go that way then there are some really interesting permitations that could happen. Sheffield are far from comfortable in 3rd spot like on those results if London beat Fax they end up on the same points as Sheffield but more interestingly if either Fev or Fax beat Sheffield then they could easily end up on the same points as Sheffield, points difference  it wont matter to Fev but given Sheffield should have some tight games you can see Fax over turning the current 30 points or so difference.

Things can change so easily though and London do not travel that well and could get beat by Batley this week leaving fax and fev to battle it out for 4th and maybe even 3rd.

Just about right on current form,just one thing that baffles me is you say batley could beat London this week but the rams to lose at home to London!! Plus we've got Shane Grady,Toby Adamson,Steve Nash & Sam Wood on their way back from long term injuries. But I think we're looking at 6/7 in the table which won't be a disaster when you compare salary caps,my money's on Halifax at the moment but that could change!!

Just about right on current form,just one thing that baffles me is you say batley could beat London this week but the rams to lose at home to London!! Plus we've got Shane Grady,Toby Adamson,Steve Nash & Sam Wood on their way back from long term injuries. But I think we're looking at 6/7 in the table which won't be a disaster when you compare salary caps,my money's on Halifax at the moment but that could change!!

Its more that I think London's win against leigh will have taken a lot out of them and they wont fancy a long trip on a mid week to Batley. Potential for a shock as is Dewsbury V London but on current form I just cant see it. As I mentioned though Dewsbury is an awful place(for away teams) to go and they will be tough to crack so although I do not think they have a real chance of 4th or 5th they will have some say in the final positions.

our coach aint up to it , he cant solve our problems , secondly the so called big named players we rely on dont seem bothered , we seem to have lost the winning mentality needed, and as for our defence , more like bottom four

our coach aint up to it , he cant solve our problems , secondly the so called big named players we rely on dont seem bothered , we seem to have lost the winning mentality needed, and as for our defence , more like bottom four

nowt   like   having   a   bit   of   confidence.

nowt   like   having   a   bit   of   confidence.

yes i know but after yesterday and the easter weekend , top four ? i dont think so , however i hope i am wrong, we certainly have the players, but the coaches history , cas , hull , salford , were he was defensive coach , says it all

The season for a place in the top 4 started yesterday for the London Broncos for me

Dark horses for it

Weve taken a risk of trying to get top 4 with part time players - ultimately we will come up short now, full time is the only answer now if we want to see the glory days possibly return

Where ever we finish we will survive It 12 months ago when everyone said we must finish in top two which we did Everyone now saying we must finish in top 4 but if we don't how much of a lose would it be What do 4th placed team get compared to 5 financially before the middle 8 and how much does the team get if they get to Widnes If anyone knows can they post it

Finally if Catalans (big if) finish in the bottom 4 would that cost the clubs to travel over there and what would crowds be when they come over here +Salfords crowd are not that big One thing that will not help is keep changing players /Staff at the club we need to get a settled team and build on it no mass changes every season

4th place is still possible so we never know Everyone thought we had turned the corner a few week ago let's hope it was a bad day at the office and we get on a winning run again

Now the dust has settled......i'm willing to put down the performance against Fax to so many players being Ill. Anyone would struggle with the amount of forwards we had missing and apparently we had some players on the field who played while not feeling very well.....I certainly felt a little queasy watching it.

Like i said i'm not convinced with Hay but hopefully he can prove me wrong.............I still think we can get top 4 but we'll need to win at least 6 out of the last 8...........If London win every one of their last 8 games then fair play they deserve to get 4th but they can be dodgy on the road.

I'll add that if we get beat home and away by bradford, leigh and sheffield then i can't see anything other than a shellacking in the middle 8's anyway.

i  agree   with   the   bottom   line  of   the   above   post ,but   what   excuse   was   there   for  the   dire   performance   at   home    to   london.also   we   had   a   lucky   escape    at   batley   after   a   rubbish   first  half.so   bad   our   coach  did   not   cross   the   pitch   with   the   players   to   resume   the   second   half.he  went   out   the   back   door   of   the   changing   rooms  and   round  the   back   through   the   car   park   to   get  to  his   position.we   were  not   very  good   against   hunslet and   only   fitness  in  the   last   15   minutes  got   us   the  win.how   we   managed   to   win   in   london  and   at   halifax  i   don't   know?.if   paul   cooke   has   some   imput   into  the   coaching  and  tactics   i   would   hope  to   see   an   improvement.his   poor   record   at   doncaster   this   year   was   a   one   off.through   bringing  in    players   from   hull  he   lost some   of  the   players   who   played   well   for   him   last   season.

So far this season Rovers have been fairly predictable, ie no shock defeats and no unexpected victories from what we expected at the start of the season. Home advantage means nothing against Fax, and they won at The Shay rather than at home, same with London. They now need to keep winning when expected, but must pull something out of the bag at Sheffield, Bradford, or Leigh. On top of that they need to win big in games like Sunday's and not get slaughtered if they lose the tough away fixtures, in order claw back on the points difference. I can see it going down to how many points they score against Whitehaven in the last game of the season.

London are in the box seat for me now....... I forgot the Batley game tonight in the OP so including that they could get another 16 points......... They look to have found top gear now and I can just see them getting stronger as they go on with them being full time.......they've sorted out their coaching problems just in time.

With Fax away probably being their toughest fixture (and they'll be confident of winning that after beating Leigh) Fev may well have to win every game to get in the top 4.

Still......it'll be a pretty competitive Championship Shield for whoever misses out

just heard that fax team have come down with sickness bug! Can't for the life of me work out where they picked it up.

I demand to have some booze, I want it here and I want it now!

just heard that fax team have come down with sickness bug! Can't for the life of me work out where they picked it up.

C'mon Andy Kain, do the Fev fans a favour on Sunday and have a blinder!

Archived