And Saints Latest Full Back is...

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is having a special playing kit commissioned, should be ready by the start of the new season:

maxresdefault.jpg

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

As indeed is McDonnell/Quinlan/Whoever Is Next

I'm hoping you took at least my punt as a joke (hence the wink, admittedly not the best form of communication).

I have nothing but respect for saints' youth setup, it's one of the best around. Anything I do say is gentle ribbing.

He must be mad! Someone needs to warn him about the danger he's put himself in :)

In all seriousness I'm glad we've signed him. We had to bring someone in and at this stage he's probably as good an option as any. Let's just hope our run of bad luck with fullbacks ends now. 

From Milton Keynes

Though not really. On that basis Wiggins is a Belgian and Bobby Fulton is from Warrington.

It's interesting that Saints repeatedly look overseas for the answers to their problems when, say Percival (who I know was not a Saints junior) looked pretty good at 1 for me: it's a shame they don't give young players a chance in key positions - aside from Roby their spine is all bought in.

Though not really. On that basis Wiggins is a Belgian and Bobby Fulton is from Warrington.

It's interesting that Saints repeatedly look overseas for the answers to their problems when, say Percival (who I know was not a Saints junior) looked pretty good at 1 for me: it's a shame they don't give young players a chance in key positions - aside from Roby their spine is all bought in.

You're hilarious.  How many young local backs who can play fullback are we supposed to provide as cover before we are equal to the mighty Wigan then?  Lomax (local) is our fullback and our English covers of Wello (retired) and Makinson (broken leg) are both unable to do the job.  Scuse us for turning to the NRL because we want our excellent local centre (Percival) to continue playing at centre instead of a (local) converted second rower!

say Percival (who I know was not a Saints junior)

Signed for Saints at 14 from the amateur game, came through the junior system at Saints, never played for any other professional team.

I think that pretty much qualifies him as a Saints Junior !

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I had read that Percival was a Widnes product, so stand corrected. I am of course only teasing - Saints have produced a lot of good players, almost certainly more than a number of clubs, and find themselves in an unenviable position. No one can blame them for looking to the NRL, though not for a marquee player of course. They'd never do that.

Archived