Batley preview

Keep The Faith

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Callum unfortunately out again, that injury becoming a concern, Rooney in squad for Doran. Looks like PV is issueing a bit of challenge to Doran, get fit or you won't play.

i think jamie was unavailable this week.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Batley are stronger this year. It's a tough one on Their patch.

As I said previously Batley have profitted by taking Brambani and Walker from Sheffield but they're not unbeatable. Nothing I'd like better than to wipe the smirk off the Meekon's  face. (That's a reference only old lads who read "Dan Dare -pilot of the future"in the "Eagle"comic will get. Google it -you'll see what I mean!  

Looks like haven are going to get there 1st win tonight. From reports theyve both been pretty awful.

517 crowd. I think its safe to say the saturday night thing isn't working and it is costing them money. Swinton had a try Chalked off for a forward pass that I am told was a 50/50 call.

517 crowd. I think its safe to say the saturday night thing isn't working and it is costing them money. Swinton had a try Chalked off for a forward pass that I am told was a 50/50 call.

should have been a try it was identical to the try they scored a few minutes earlier 

Very poor game in a soft pitch yet again Swinton look a handy side they work hard and play the ball fast and will shock a lot of teams this year a piece of brilliance by Miller at the end won the game but it was nothing to shout about was a very ugly win but a win is a win when you play bad. Agree heard that the sat night games are getting scrapped and after tonight I think it's the right call loads of people I know and regulars missing. Hope you guys also win tommorow and start pulling away from the bottom but in the end I think we will both be fine

donald what your thoughts on the Saturday night thing. It must be costing haven with lower crowds.

personally i,m all for it but it,s looking like there,s quite a few against it and not bothering hopefully it,ll pick up summer months would say there was the same amount of haven fans there tonight as was at bradford game they fetched over 300

Very poor game in a soft pitch yet again Swinton look a handy side they work hard and play the ball fast and will shock a lot of teams this year a piece of brilliance by Miller at the end won the game but it was nothing to shout about was a very ugly win but a win is a win when you play bad. Agree heard that the sat night games are getting scrapped and after tonight I think it's the right call loads of people I know and regulars missing. Hope you guys also win tommorow and start pulling away from the bottom but in the end I think we will both be fine

i think were both in big trouble this year marra. I think were destined for bottom 4, i just hope we can both finish above oldham and swinton. But its going to be very tight down there.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Well we are established in this league them two aren't and the season will take its toll on them I wouldn't worry too much as both will be fine and when better weather come both will be a lot better that's what is costing us at the min these bogey pitches we can't play well on em

As I said previously Batley have profitted by taking Brambani and Walker from Sheffield but they're not unbeatable. Nothing I'd like better than to wipe the smirk off the Meekon's  face. (That's a reference only old lads who read "Dan Dare -pilot of the future"in the "Eagle"comic will get. Google it -you'll see what I mean!  

Batley have also strengthened at full back and in the three-quarters compared to last season.

Walker  (& Davey) from Sheffield have benefitted the pack. Hookers have noticeably improved from 2015.

But you're correct, Sandy. Brambani has had a huge influence on our improvement. He gives the guile and reliability that has been missing for a couple of years.

I'm looking forward to the match tomorrow.

The skills of Sammut and Brambani and a good old-fashioned tussle between two big packs should be a good spectacle.

Regardless of which team wins I think we'll have seen a great game of rugby.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

To be fair Davey has played less than half a match ! I really don't think he has added anything to the Batley team unlike his ex Sheffield team mates who have added greatly to the Batley team performances this season

It's the performance of Blake and especially the Cumbrian Leak in the hooker position that has been noticeably better in the 3/4 this season,but it is a difficult match for Batley to overcome,tomorrow will tell us more about both of these teams coming season

To be fair Davey has played less than half a match ! I really don't think he has added anything to the Batley team unlike his ex Sheffield team mates who have added greatly to the Batley team performances this season

It's the performance of Blake and especially the Cumbrian Leak in the hooker position that has been noticeably better in the 3/4 this season,but it is a difficult match for Batley to overcome,tomorrow will tell us more about both of these teams coming season

due to carrying a knock davey back today

Archived