15 Apr: SL: Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Draw
    • Hull FC

Discuss Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC here.

League Express is on sale every Monday, in shops (UK only), on print subscription (worldwide) and online for desktop, tablet and smartphone
Follow us on Twitter/X @leagueexpress and TikTok @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not been as expectant as this for a long time for a visit to Headingley.

If Leeds play as poorly as they have been and Hull play as well, then it's a win for us.

If Hull play better than we have been (still a lot more to come I think) then it's a Hull win however Leeds play.

If the "Widnes" Hull turn up and Leeds play better then it should be a Leeds win!

Hopefully a good day/night weather wise will mean a good display from both teams with FC shaving it 24 v 16  ;) 

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

We've sold over a 1000 tickets already so should be a cracking atmosphere.

At some point Leeds are going to turn someone over, the bookies have us favourites which I have never known in 40 years of watching Hull. No McGuire for Leeds and I expect a few back for us, Pryce and Washbrook definitely in.

Think our pack will still be to much to handle for Leeds.

FC to win by 8+

On a positive note looks like Hull will have 2 more genuine options in the halves than last week with the return of Price and if needed with Washbrook on the bench.

I think Naughton will make way for the fully returning Talanoa who was only on the bench last week.

While both teams have players missing and others in slightly odd positions I do fancy Hull as have managed to fill the injury gaps with depth well this season. The Hull defense aside from the Widnes debacle has been pretty solid while Leeds seem to be stuttering in attack somewhat. Therefore for the first time ever predicting Hull to beat Leeds away. That all said will never write Leeds off as such so nothing would be a shock.

On a positive note looks like Hull will have 2 more genuine options in the halves than last week with the return of Price and if needed with Washbrook on the bench.

I think Naughton will make way for the fully returning Talanoa who was only on the bench last week.

While both teams have players missing and others in slightly odd positions I do fancy Hull as have managed to fill the injury gaps with depth well this season. The Hull defense aside from the Widnes debacle has been pretty solid while Leeds seem to be stuttering in attack somewhat. Therefore for the first time ever predicting Hull to beat Leeds away. That all said will never write Leeds off as such so nothing would be a shock.

Why would Radford drop Naughton he's one of the form wingers in the league.

Cant see past a Hull win to be honest.

We have no form, and just don't look threatening in attack at all, and also still missing McGuire, Hall, Briscoe, Cuthbertson, Moon, Ward, Walters and Ferres. Although we were still playing poorly when those lads were in the team!

Reckon Hull by 20+

One of the more predictable fixtures in a very unpredictable season.

On form it has to be FC by wide margin.

So I will say Leeds by 10.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Why would Radford drop Naughton he's one of the form wingers in the league.

I tend to agree on form and I like Naughton a lot. However Radford rates Talanoa very highly at bringing the ball out so I think hes a shoe in to get one of the spots. He tends to naturally play the left wing spot and in the past Radford has commented to the like that he "prefers" Michaels as he is stronger bringing the ball out of defense than Naughton. Frankly I wouldn't mind either way but as well as giving Naughton form credit I dont think Michaels has done a great deal wrong either.

As a side note I know Yeaman is the 19 but he did limp off a bit on Friday. It wouldn't even be a massive shock to see Talanoa at centre where he played on Friday (pretty well to be fair).

Well, last couple of times we've been on Sky, we've played for a total of about 40 mins.

Against Widnes for the first 20 mins or so and against Hull KR for the last 20 mins or so, what will happen this time I wonder?

Everything points to a Hull win but, travelling to Leeds that doesn't sit quite right with me, it's about time we gave them a right shellacking but I don't think it'll happen. Never a better time though with plenty of Leeds first choice out and two or three key players back for Hull so I'll go with us by a couple of scores.

Leeds 16 Hull 28.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Cant see past a Hull win to be honest.

We have no form, and just don't look threatening in attack at all, and also still missing McGuire, Hall, Briscoe, Cuthbertson, Moon, Ward, Walters and Ferres. Although we were still playing poorly when those lads were in the team!

Reckon Hull by 20+

That's quite an injury list (as every team has before we start playing injury top trumps)!  Surely Hull will be too strong for Leeds though I am reminded of the Cas v Hull game in the season when I thought that Hull were out thought (and possibly complacent after believing their own hype) and Leeds are a team that can throw it around a bit and move the big Hull forwards around the pitch.  And you are always just waiting for Hull to shoot themselves in the foot and what better opportunity than when clear favourites against their big city rivals.  

Not this time though.  Hull by 18.

That's quite an injury list (as every team has before we start playing injury top trumps)! Surely Hull will be too strong for Leeds though I am reminded of the Cas v Hull game in the season when I thought that Hull were out thought (and possibly complacent after believing their own hype) and Leeds are a team that can throw it around a bit and move the big Hull forwards around the pitch. And you are always just waiting for Hull to shoot themselves in the foot and what better opportunity than when clear favourites against their big city rivals.

Not this time though. Hull by 18.

Well, you certainly had me going there. It's like a short who'llwinnit with the twist right at the end.

Ellis isnt in the 19, but I expect he will play.

Tried to see if he was training this morning but I was going down County Road flyover too fast on me bike.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Tried to see if he was training this morning but I was going down County Road flyover too fast on me bike.

Why didn't you look whilst walking up the other side?

Hull have named their 19 man squad but say they are waiting on the fitness of Ellis and Minichiello. Can these two both still play if fit then?, sorry but I can't remember the rules on this. Doesn't a team have to name their final 18 by a certain time before the kick off? Can someone come in at the last minute if somebody pulls up in the warm up a la Ellis on debut at Headingley the other year? What about if two players pull up?

Is this all kidology by the master coach Radford?

Answers on a postcard please.

Hull have named their 19 man squad but say they are waiting on the fitness of Ellis and Minichiello. Can these two both still play if fit then?, 

The 19 man squad can be changed within the final 48 hours subject to a doctor's medical report.

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . .  . . . Which one did you perform? "

Archived