28 May: SL: Catalans Dragons v Hull KR KO 6pm

Who will win?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Draw
    • Hull KR

26-6 and a bit of a shellacking. Richards with a penalty on the buzzer: 28-6 ht.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dragons U19s beat City of Hull Academy 28-20 despite having almost their entire first-choice team away in England with France U18s. That really is impressive.

That's very encouraging indeed. The dragons must be top of league as I think they are yet to be beaten?

Hopefully at least 3-4 of those players will go on to secure 1st team contracts with the dragons and that number again will be picked up by other super league or championship sides.

The one SL player who consistently plays the ball correctly (ie with the sole of the boot) is Anthony Gelling. I don't see his adherence to the law being a noticeable disadvantage to Wigan. If he can do it 'properly', why can't everybody else be expected to do likewise? Just enforce the law, rather than some interpretation of it!

Bobbruce is spot on; it is crazy to put northern hemisphere sides at a disadvantage come the internationals!

Good performance by Rovers, Larroyer put a good shift in and we won the 2cnd half. Positive for Wakefield next week. Suffered at hands of James Child and Greenwood will get pinned for a decent tackle. C'est la vie!

I only caught the second half. I don't know what the first half was like but that last forty minutes was very poor.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I only caught the second half. I don't know what the first half was like but that last forty minutes was very poor.

1st half was ok actually. 2nd half a total non-event.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Dragons U19s beat City of Hull Academy 28-20 despite having almost their entire first-choice team away in England with France U18s. That really is impressive.

But then City of Hull were missing at least 4 internationals and several players called up by Hull and Rovers.

Good game C of H 18-0 down in first quarter then won last 60 mins....had flown in a few hours earlier so not best prepared.

Is the no.29 who played winger an U19?

He was excellent, had a lot of work to do to keep Broughton checked. Got rocked quite a few times but I don't think he lost a duel against Jodie.

That kid apparently played for England last night and then backed up to play again today. Monster effort from him although I don't know why his club made him do that.

That kid apparently played for England last night and then backed up to play again today. Monster effort from him although I don't know why his club made him do that.

Last minute pre-match injuries for Hull KR so they asked him to fly over at the last minute. Agree that it was a huge effort for him to play on successive days and play well. I should keep an eye out for him in the future.

I saw a highlights reel of Navarette and he looked very impressive, what would you say is his best position prop or second row?

France desperately need a couple of decent second rowers so hopefully this guy is the fix.

France has Greg Mounis, Kevin Larroyer, Benjamin Garcia, Benjamin Jullien and Ugo Perez who can play second row. But it would be healthy to have more quality cover.

For some reason, those of us in Australia have been blocked from viewing the Catalan youtube channel. I use to love watching the highlights of the u19 team.

Everything under the sun is in tune

But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

I saw a highlights reel of Navarette and he looked very impressive, what would you say is his best position prop or second row?

France desperately need a couple of decent second rowers so hopefully this guy is the fix.

Catalans are thinking of him as a prop. 

We're short on second rowers you're right. I think of Garcia as a loose forward/prop, Jullien is promising but young, Larroyer is a good clubman but was on a hiding during the World Cup and Perez, while definitely a good prospect, might be a little too lightweight to cope with islanders.

Maybe Maria could be turned into a second rower, he improved a lot this year. I suppose Simon could play second row, too. 

Too be honest, the props/looseforwards should go just fine for a couple of years, Casty is still prime, Bousquet, Springer, Baitieri, Garcia, Boyer. We probably won't look like total muppets. In Fages, Barthau and Albert we have fine halves, too. 

Centre is going to be a problem. Duport, Baile and Gigot. And there are chances Gigot will be our fullback so Duport/Baile. 

Wingers we're a few years short. Yaha, Sigismeau, Cardace, Maurel. All of them promising but all of them without game time in Super League. Maurel is very good for Toulouse but not even their best winger. 

Last minute pre-match injuries for Hull KR so they asked him to fly over at the last minute. Agree that it was a huge effort for him to play on successive days and play well. I should keep an eye out for him in the future.

You won't be watching much if they keep playing him with such short notice. Surely they haven't got such injuries that this happens? Or have they? If HKR have spent up to the SC, where is the cover in the first team squad?

For some reason, those of us in Australia have been blocked from viewing the Catalan youtube channel. I use to love watching the highlights of the u19 team.

I know that they are only highlights but the dragons u19's hooker Da costa looks a real talent as he scored a try, make breaks, laid on some nice passes and kicked a 40-20.

Archived