New Leeds coach?

but I think you doubt his ambition and bottle

Maybe his ambition is to win something at Cas. Arguably a far bigger achievement than doing so with Leeds and therefore could be argued that he is more ambitious if he stays at Cas!

Not sure that the problem is the coach.

As Martyr Sadler pointed out the players didn't take a blind bit of notice of what Mcguire was saying to them under the posts. They certainly listened to Sinfield and Peacock.

Have the team lost respect and fallen out with each other - that's hard for a coach to fix.

How would Sadler know that? Rubbish.

So your post seems ambiguous with respect. If Peacock and Sinfield had to provide motivation because Macs approach wasn't effective, then it is the coach..

Coach's job to form leadership groups and leaders within that group/s, not to provide all the motivation. IMO maybe those 'leaders' are fighting to establish themselves within the fight. Certainly Macs job to encourage that.

Powell has developed a Team, not a Team of individuals, which is what Leeds seem to be presently. Not sure what Cas would do without Gale, but Losing Solomona would be a big hit.

Powell has developed a Team, not a Team of individuals, which is what Leeds seem to be presently. Not sure what Cas would do without Gale, but Losing Solomona would be a big hit.

Think you provide an answer to your own question before you ask it here!

Powell has developed a team and a way of playing.  Players have come and gone and yet we play in a very similar way.  Arguably the individuals arent as important as the team as a whole .

We have lost Chase, Clark, Huby, Sneyd, Carney.  In truth Carney was seen as a far more important player than Solomona last season but Solomona has become a more than adequate replacement (although he isnt a direct replacement he has become the go to strike player outwide a role held by Carney last season).

That been said id rather not keep having to replace players, and I think this has been recognised in getting the bulk of the team on new contracts pretty early (including Solomona, 3 years).  Heard at the weekend that Gale has agreed a new Cas contract although it was third hand so wouldnt like to put any money on this been correct!

For me the issue with Leeds is that they didnt replace players properly, or determine changes to their style of play and recruit accordingly, a big transition was coming and either Mc underestimated it, was shackled by the heirachy of the club or just didnt have the ability to plan for it.

Think you provide an answer to your own question before you ask it here!

For me the issue with Leeds is that they didnt replace players properly, or determine changes to their style of play and recruit accordingly, a big transition was coming and either Mc underestimated it, was shackled by the heirachy of the club or just didnt have the ability to plan for it.

Wasn't asking a question, really.

Maybe the decision to recall Sinfield and to allow Jamie to play long spells backfired in the longer term by not allowing younger players to have more SL game time. Certainly, opposition arent focussing on their replacements in the same way. IMO they certainly wouldn't have won the treble without them, but we will never know.

Powell is a very good coach, that's old news, but I can't help wondering why he was bypassed by Bennett, over Betts.

I just think he's a perfect fit at Cas. Right man in the right place at the right time. Why exchange a set of people, players and problems you know all about for a set of people, players and problems you know little about?

Because that's what he did at Cas.  They were struggling until Darryl went there.  Fev were stupid to let him go without a fight, but those in charge at Fev at the time thought they knew best.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

I don't think there's a coach in British RL who wouldn't take the Leeds job were he free to do so.  The two top club jobs in British RL are Wigan and Leeds. If Leeds want someone they usually get them.  Money has never been a problem for Leeds.  Look at how they used to spray money around the RU scene.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Trojan, on 31 May 2016 - 10:52 PM, said:

I don't think there's a coach in British RL who wouldn't take the Leeds job were he free to do so.  The two top club jobs in British RL are Wigan and Leeds. If Leeds want someone they usually get them.  Money has never been a problem for Leeds.  Look at how they used to spray money around the RU scene.

That's because they get more money than the SL side

If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

So .......

the answer was complex, it boiled down to a choice of Powell, Powell or Powell!

Thank god it come down to one of those awful one horse races!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Well I would put a bet on Sinfield returning, but to the coaching team or club role as distinct from replacing anyone.  Me thinks such an offer is their for Sinfield.

I could see Rowley joining the team to provide insight on the championship teams they would be playing.

So as distinct from either one replacing Mac their not so daft voices in the head.   

I would have thought a look at the wider coaching team would also be a consideration as to assistant coaching besides head coach, etc.

Does anyone actually know anything!

Why would we want to spoil the fun?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Why would we want to spoil the fun?

Yeah, why ruin it with boring facts?

So it's Shaun Edwards, Sinfield and Yestin then!

Been informed from a reliable source that Wayne Bennett  will be coach ..he will arrive in 3 weeks time once he tied up matters.  Apparently Hetherington paid a substantial amount to buy him out of his contract at Brisbane Broncos.  ..he has allegedly  been given a 5 year contract . According to my source Bennett was enthusiastic as it would enable him to monitor England players...Kevin Sinfield will take a role under him but not necessarily as assistant. Ah exciting times seem ahead. :) 

Been informed from a reliable source that Wayne Bennett  will be coach ..he will arrive in 3 weeks time once he tied up matters.  Apparently Hetherington paid a substantial amount to buy him out of his contract at Brisbane Broncos.  ..he has allegedly  been given a 5 year contract . According to my source Bennett was enthusiastic as it would enable him to monitor England players...Kevin Sinfield will take a role under him but not necessarily as assistant. Ah exciting times seem ahead. :)

I might've bought into this if I thought Wayne would last out a five year contract! :O

So it will be Rhino at the Rhinos with Sinfield next year! :yes:

I might've bought into this if I thought Wayne would last out a five year contract! :O

So it will be Rhino at the Rhinos with Sinfield next year! :yes:

Well I would not wish you to dither....buy into it  n I will throw in the towel n a season ticket  for the Scarborough youth finals..  :smoke: ..But back to point of me pen...true he only stayed at a few clubs for 2 years but first stint at Broncos was for 10...He was offered a deal he could not resist... :angel: ..he has full control...it was no co-incidence that one of his  :scout: at Headingley on Monday during  :training: . As for Sinfield ..last season he always stated he had no desire to coach ( as did JP which will  Johnny Walker the myth that he has also been brought out of his Hull KR role to be.......Froward's coach)...However, in retirement interview Kev stated that he would like a duel role both with Rhinos n YC...but expect that bit was to placate  Bryan Redpath who was sitting next to him....2 weeks ago Mac said they would welcome him on board..there was a role discussions underway...blah blah ..JJB stated Kev gone on holiday to mull things over..but knowing his love for club should be formality.  :) 

Sinfield as first team coach, Peacock as Head of Rugby Opertions?

Nope...JP does not give up on things. So see it as very unlikely he would come over from Hull KR. he talking about a 5 year plan with them...also he passionately believes in the Reserve system  Gary Hetherington doesn't . so unless GH has had a radical change of mind on that issue...don't see it Nor do I believe the rumour elsewhere that JP's contract has been brought out for him to be forwards coach next season...again JP said no desire to be a coach. .Sinfield brilliant as he is has no coaching experience..I expect him to possibly come in some capacity , though listening to Mags interview there was no indication that was the case..though maybe JJB is closer.. Besides it Wayne bennett 3 weeks time ;)  

Archived